Could pepsi be coming to Kings Island?

Gordon Bombay

From what I hear, Cedar Fair has switched from Coke to Pepsi, after some sort of disagreements with Coke back in the early to mid 90`s. All the parks that Cedar Fair has acquired, with the exception of the Paramount Parks have also been converted to Pepsi if they had previously served Coca-Cola products.

One thing is given at most parks, if you prefer diet soda, you're stuck with caffeinated cola. Odds are: no caffeine free cola, no diet lemon lime, no Diet Dr. Pepper, and that means no Diet Mountain Dew. A few small parks may be the exception to the rule.Bottled water they sell is NOT spring water (it's Aquafina or Dasani with Cedar Fair - at least Six Flags parks carry Spring! water). If it's through one distributor/company and at a high price, one trade-off I'd like to see is variety.

I'd be delirious to see Pepsi at ki. it sucks walking around pining for a dew... even when you know they are in the cooler in the car but you don't wanna walk all that way... be a dream come true!

deb

Guest kwindshawne
Sorry, I must be the oddball..I prefer Coke, although a dr pepper once in a while sounds good...

I also would rather have Coke stay at the park, I prefer regular Coke over Pepsi, and Mountain Dew, Pepsi's best drink in my opinion, is just ok.

I hate Pepsi....I like the carbonation in Coke better....

I feel that the cool blue of the Pepsi logo and such is much more appealing than the red of Coke. Maybe I'm just weird :blink: . This is the same reason I hate shopping at Target, those stores are just overwhelmingly red to me.

Nah, there is nothing weird about disliking a certain store due to the colors they use.

Nothing at all.

*freak*

;)

Seriously though, Pepsi does a nice job refreshing their look often.

But on the other hand, people usually hate change. Look at the golden arches for McD's. It would be an absolute sin to ever change that. I guess Coke feels the same way about their "wave".

Sorry, I must be the oddball..I prefer Coke, although a dr pepper once in a while sounds good...

Ohhhh yeaaaa do love a good Dr. Pepper but love my Barq's Root Beer - you know me I am a rootbeer fiend!!

Sorry hate Mt Dew!! Butttt my kids love it so I am out numbered he he.

I REALLY DON'T CARE!

Awwww Beast be patient lol go find another topic and not so bored on this one lol. Hey I have yet to see you come up to me at the park and introduce yourself!! Some of the other "survivors" of last year have...it is not like I am hard to spot lol.

back to the topic - a drink is a drink - I like something in all brands and there is always water - on a hot day all I do is keep getting my cup filled up with ice and water - hits the spot better. Right now that water is free but more than willing to pay for it!!

Now what I would love to see back at the park - especially during Haunt - is those awesome cups of Hot Toffee Coffee - not that crap in Starbucks - which I HATE and have to be desperate to drink that stuff. It is sooo strong it can walk out of the cup - ekkkk. We have also had a hard time finding their hot chocolate - omg on a coollldddd night those hit the spot nicely!!

Well for a bit of history for some of you that didnt know .. originally Dr. Pepper was not a Pepsi Product .. it was originally owned by 7up/Rc Cola Company and then later sold to Pepsi =^)

Uh, no. It's NOT a Pepsi product, and Pepsi never bought it.

Dr. Pepper is a product of Cadbury Schweppes America's Beverages. YOUR local Pepsi bottler may bottle it, but they do so under license from America's Beverages:

http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/EN/Brands/...et_drpepper.htm

Bought by Cadbury Schweppes in 1995, Dr Pepper is our biggest soft drink brand and is the principal brand of our US subsidiary, Dr Pepper/Seven Up.

I challenge you to go to a grocery store and check out the local area where dr pepper is located .. its not in 7up/Rc's area its in Pepsis .. I worked for 7up .. i still do in the summer .. we dont buy dr pepper we dotn even put it out .. it may still be owned by 7up but 7up does not distribute it .. Pepsi does ... not just MINE its the same everywhere .. you will not find dr pepper in the 7up items its ALWAYS in Pepsis

Well for a bit of history for some of you that didnt know .. originally Dr. Pepper was not a Pepsi Product .. it was originally owned by 7up/Rc Cola Company and then later sold to Pepsi =^)

Uh, no. It's NOT a Pepsi product, and Pepsi never bought it.

Dr. Pepper is a product of Cadbury Schweppes America's Beverages. YOUR local Pepsi bottler may bottle it, but they do so under license from America's Beverages:

Bought by Cadbury Schweppes in 1995, Dr Pepper is our biggest soft drink brand and is the principal brand of our US subsidiary, Dr Pepper/Seven Up.

• 5 months later...

I've got a Dr. Pepper can in front of me as I write this. It reads" Manufactured by independent bottlers under the authority of Dr. Pepper Company". So Dr. Pepper is made by Dr. Pepper and bottled by Pepsi or whoever. That explains why some places that serve Coke Products also serve Dr. Pepper. :P

I like drinking Sobe and Life Water. But I prefer a good minute maid Strawberry/Kiwi to all of them.

This article reminded me of something. I was driving through Wilmington, Ohio weeks ago, and I did see a Pepsi truck ( a box truck ) with an ad for Kings Island on the back of it. Would this be a good hintaroo?

Probably not. Chances are the bottler that the truck belonged to rented out space on their truck to advertisers. And it just so happened that KI decided to buy an advertisement on the truck. Not unlike buying an advertisement on Metro buses.

I've got a Dr. Pepper can in front of me as I write this. It reads" Manufactured by independent bottlers under the authority of Dr. Pepper Company". So Dr. Pepper is made by Dr. Pepper and bottled by Pepsi or whoever. That explains why some places that serve Coke Products also serve Dr. Pepper. :P

Actually, it doesn't. Coke owns Mr. Pibb, which it considers a competing product. In those places that have Dr Pepper (note there is no period in the Dr , part of the way it can be trademarked), it almost always comes through the Dr Pepper bottler, who is almost never the Coke bottler. MOST Coke bottlers are now either company owned or company controlled.

Hardee's, for instance, recently renewed its national Coke contract, and as part of it is putting in Dr Pepper from the Dr Pepper bottler.

Pepsi does not have a direct Dr Pepper competitor. Seven Up and Dr Pepper are both from the same national company, which was, until recently, for sale. Finally, and perhaps interestingly (at least to me), outside North America, Seven Up is owned by.....Pepsi. For antitrust reasons, the Department of Justice did not allow this to happen in the USA.

In South Bend we have ALOT of places that serve Coke, but also serve Dr Pepper. There are also SOME places that serve Coke but serve Mr Pibb which I know is a Coke product. But on store shelves Dr Pepper is put with the Pepsi products, NOT 7-up. In pop vending machines Dr Pepper is found in Pepsi machines, NOT 7-up which leads many people to believe its a Pepsi product. B)

In South Bend we have ALOT of places that serve Coke, but also serve Dr Pepper. There are also SOME places that serve Coke but serve Mr Pibb which I know is a Coke product. But on store shelves Dr Pepper is put with the Pepsi products, NOT 7-up. In pop vending machines Dr Pepper is found in Pepsi machines, NOT 7-up which leads many people to believe its a Pepsi product. B)