Could pepsi be coming to Kings Island?

Gordon Bombay

KI has a contract with Coke for 3 more years. So nothing will possibly happen until then. Cedar Point and other non Paramount Cedar Fair parks have a contract with Pepsi for one more year with rumors they may go to Coke when the year is up.

KI has a contract with Coke for 3 more years. So nothing will possibly happen until then. Cedar Point and other non Paramount Cedar Fair parks have a contract with Pepsi for one more year with rumors they may go to Coke when the year is up.

i hope not, i love getting Pepsi at Cedar Point.

Oh man I have said it a million times I loathe Pepsi I don't care for that brand if anything I perfer Coke over Pepsi of course I hardly spend money for something to drink at the park those prices are jacked I do get thirsty I always ask for water it's way more healthy and filling.

I love soda and believe in supporting the soda companies..lol I know I drink way too much of it...At KI I love the ice cold Cokes with the crushed ice. But if I had to drink from a can or bottle I would prefer Pepsi.

Maybe its the carbonation from a can or bottle I do not know .

Coke is all about Mom, Apple Pie and Santa Clause.

I hear that Pepsi is in connection with the Communist Party.

At least that's what I hear. <G>

Well...at least living in Atlanta hasn't influenced your opinions at all ;)

One reason i HATE Coke is because you could be a fresh can, and it'll taste like it is a few years old. Pepsi takes along time to get flat, even in 2 liters. I really hope that Cedar Fair won't switch to Coke, and i hope KI switches to Pepsi. Almost everyone i know prefers Pepsi over Coke, including me! Pepsi is way more refreshing too. Some other good things about Pepsi is Mountiain Dew, one of the most popular drinks out there! I think that keeping/switching to Pepsi would be a wise decision for CF and would bring in more cash!

I am an oddball too I guess... I prefer Coke over Pepsi any day. The only thing PepsiCo I prefer is Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke. Regular Pepsi vs a Coke is no comparison to me. Also, I love me some Mello Yello. I remember back in 2006 getting ice cold Mello Yello's by Face Off. Now, Coke switched to Vault which is completely gross. I could live with Mountain Dew... but would cry without Poweraid. I keep a case in my fridge at all times. The blue Mountain Blast is the greatest. The fruit punch has a much fuller taste than Gatorades'. I will admit the lemon lime poweraid tastes like Pledge cleaner.

Also, as a side note... Dr Pepper is located with and goes on sale with the 7up products at all Walgreens Drugstores, and most Walmart stores. Also, the same goes for the Crush Brand, which has returned to Ohio to replace MD:Livewire. Pepsi bottlers have rights to bottle those.

Well for a bit of history for some of you that didn't know .. originally Dr. Pepper was not a Pepsi Product .. it was originally owned by 7up/Rc Cola Company and then later sold to Pepsi =^)

Yes but is it still shipped out with 7up and Rc Cola when a store gets it sometimes. Also I don't really care when it cost me $5 for just one Coke and at Disneyland and Walt Disney World I can get one for $1.50 thats not a refill. I know the prices are up in some parks but its way to much.

Also here is Coke for 2008 tkkyj took the picture at CGA from TPR.

cga_coke_127.jpg

Looks like Kings Island is show in the art work.

Edited by Vortex

Those vending machines/carts would look so much better if they were blue,red, white, and had a ball on it.

The vending picture was taken this past Saturday at CGA a old Paramount Park. Carowinds opens on Sunday or Saturday if Coke shows up their look for it to be at Kings Island also.

Wonder if anything Paramount will be left on the vending machinces like last year. Its just a sticker that not that hard to replace.

Does anyone know if Wonderland has Pepsi or Coke?

Not right. The current contract, signed in 2006, does not expire until after the end of the 2012 season.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stori.../30/daily2.html

Also, contracts can end before their term would otherwise be up in a number of ways...including by mutual agreement, breach by one or both parties, and a number of other reasons....

Nope....if Kings Island sold the Kroger brand, the price to the guest would doubtless be the same, and perhaps even higher. Coke gives Kings Island a tremendous deal on pricing...in exchange for the advertising, including on the cups, brochures and in and out of park marketing. Kroger would have to do likewise...and the park, not Coke or Kroger, decides the soda pricing.

I don't care what cola Kings Island sells; Coke, Pepsi, or Kroger brand. Come to think of it, I wish that KI would sell Kroger brand because it would be much cheaper than the current Coke prices.

I work for Kroger and Big K is very cheap its just knock off Coke and Pepsi. Odd they don't have Big K during Kroger day or Union day, but if you go to the Beach for the Kroger Bag off they will have it for the day.

I am an oddball too I guess... I prefer Coke over Pepsi any day. The only thing PepsiCo I prefer is Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke. Regular Pepsi vs a Coke is no comparison to me. Also, I love me some Mello Yello. I remember back in 2006 getting ice cold Mello Yello's by Face Off. Now, Coke switched to Vault which is completely gross. I could live with Mountain Dew... but would cry without Poweraid. I keep a case in my fridge at all times. The blue Mountain Blast is the greatest. The fruit punch has a much fuller taste than Gatorades'. I will admit the lemon lime poweraid tastes like Pledge cleaner.

Also, as a side note... Dr Pepper is located with and goes on sale with the 7up products at all Walgreens Drugstores, and most Walmart stores. Also, the same goes for the Crush Brand, which has returned to Ohio to replace MD:Livewire. Pepsi bottlers have rights to bottle those.

What does Pledge cleaner taste like? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol :lol:

I was pondering the adage of the amounts of caffeine in the different Soda's and brands. If that was ever a consideration to which company would hold the crown to sales of the parks. So I got looking at the statistics on caffeine in foods and found the following list of products with the higher amounts.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-0001310...0000000000.html

I don't care what cola Kings Island sells; Coke, Pepsi, or Kroger brand. Come to think of it, I wish that KI would sell Kroger brand because it would be much cheaper than the current Coke prices.

I work for Kroger and Big K is very cheap its just knock off Coke and Pepsi. Odd they don't have Big K during Kroger day or Union day, but if you go to the Beach for the Kroger Bag off they will have it for the day.

I would rather have a BigK Cola than I would Pepsi or Coke anyday.