Could pepsi be coming to Kings Island?

Gordon Bombay

I like regular Coke over Pepsi. That being said thats about the only thing I really like about Coke. I like wild cherry Pepsi to Cherry Coke, and I LOVE moutain dew! Coke has tried so hard to immitate Moutain dew with Mellow Yellow and Vault but they just can't. Its the only drink of its kind. I'd love to be able to sip on moutain dew while I wait in line for a ride.

Heard that dipndpots'll be 5 bucks....

Hear that from the Dippin' Dots guy? Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

Speaking of the Dippin' Dot guy, while working in the return visit booth Sunday, I saw him spilled two buckets of Dippin' Dots while setting up his stand. :lol:

You can't mix Jack with Pepsi!

In college one of my drinks of choice was Dr. Pepper and vodka. And this was around the time when Crystal Pepsi came out, so I would put the vodka in a Crystal Pepsi bottle and take it into the basketball games. It wouldn't have worked in a 7Up or Sprite bottle because those two had too many bubbles so the vodka wouldn't have passed for those!

You can't mix Jack with Pepsi!

In college one of my drinks of choice was Dr. Pepper and vodka. And this was around the time when Crystal Pepsi came out, so I would put the vodka in a Crystal Pepsi bottle and take it into the basketball games. It wouldn't have worked in a 7Up or Sprite bottle because those two had too many bubbles so the vodka wouldn't have passed for those!

In college I drank vodka with most anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wwe41002
Kings Island has traditionally been a favorite place to guzzle down a fine Coke product on a hot day. Paramount Parks (under CBS) signed a 5 year contract wtih Coke in 2006 before the aquisition by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. However it is well known that the legacy parks of CF have traditionally in recent years served Pepsi products and continue to still do so while the Paramount parks have continued to serve Coke products although maybe that will change? Awhile ago a similar article was posted about a woman working in KI's cash offices who was caught stealing money, recently I cam across a similar article...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...08230362/-1/all

A 49-year-old Maineville woman accused of stealing $75,000 from Kings Island amusement park in Mason has been released without bail on her promise to appear for court hearings.

Darlene Powers, charged with grand theft and tampering with records, appeared Tuesday in Warren County Common Pleas Court.

The charges stem from Powers' work as "cash control supervisor" at Kings Island, a position Powers held for eight of her 15 years with the park, Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel said Wednesday.

Between May 14 and July 7, 2006, Powers siphoned cash from "the money room" of the park and "moved finances around" to cover her tracks, Hutzel said.

The missing money remained concealed because Powers falsified bank deposit slips, Hutzel said.

"What finally did her in was the bill from Pepsi. They still had not been paid for $75,000 for one month. That's a lot of pop," Hutzel said.

According to the article, the woman was caught when it had been found that Pepsi had not been paid a $75,000 bill (which was the cost in a month, according to the article). KI has continued to serve Coke products this year. It makes one wonder if maybe the park is preparing to serve Pepsi for the upcoming 2008 season.

On the other hand, it could be an errror in reporting, maybe Mrs. Hutzel meant to say Coke or maybe the Enquirer got it wrong.

i hope not. im tierd of seeing Pepsi products everywere and there diet stuff tastes like half of the pop is taken out and put in water. please save the Coke! why cant Coke and Pepsi come together and make pepoke or pep-cola.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just went to KI last week and where they used to have that gian Coke bottle spraying mist, there is now just a plant. And I swear when we first got there the Coke bottle was there but it was gone by closing time! Maybe this is a sign of Coke leaving the park.

I just went to KI last week and where they used to have that gian Coke bottle spraying mist, there is now just a plant. And I swear when we first got there the Coke bottle was there but it was gone by closing time! Maybe this is a sign of Coke leaving the park.

When last week?I went on wednesday last week and it was their?Although I think it would be cool seeing a blue Pepsi Zone.I like the color blue better than red.

When last week?I went on wednesday last week and it was their?Although I think it would be cool seeing a blue Pepsi Zone.I like the color blue better than red.

I went on thursday. Yeah that would look cool, wouldn't it! Or maybe a Moutain Dew bottle!