Halloween Haunt

standbyme

Yes, this is a change.. FOR Halloween Haunt! HH does not mean the entire park changes the rest of the year! All this means is that, the downtime in Sept... the park drastically changes into HAUNT! You can still go to our lovable, family friendly KI anytime during the year... just that October is sometime completely different.

Families know this... Fans SHOULD know this... and you should still buy your season passes and go to KI as much as you can! -Hauntguy

Some of the problem is that the advertising really isn't doing a good job promoting the event. I have not seen 1 commercial for HH in Columbus. So when people drive 1 1/2 hours from Columbus to find out their 11 year old is not mature enough for HH, you expect them to want to come back and spend more money at the park? It is not that easy to find a baby sitter so Mom and Dad can drive 80 miles to almost get scared. If they go to CP they can take the 11 year old who is still welcome since they are not "mature enough" for HH and have a good time and not pay for a babysitter.

I think families understand that HAUNT is not your "run-of-the-mill" event at KI, and KNOW that KI is a great family destination during non-HAUNT operating days! I don't think anyone will NOT come back to KI just because of HAUNT. People aren't stupid.... they don't see HAUNT and say "KI must be like that ALL year!"... NO!

Also, since HAUNT is upcharge next... you will see more control of the people allowed to attend! This is nothing new, Knott's had this problem... CP had this problem... even Universal had this problem!

Heck.. Disney had this problem with Alien Encounter! -Hauntguy

Where has there been an official press release from the park stating HH is an upcharge next year?

I have been going to KI my entire life. My family and I still debating on buying passes next year and if we do, I think that we will make CP our home park and not KI. We will still visit, but I really don't think that we will be there as much as we were last year. It's fine if the park wants to go in this direction, but maybe the "families" that KI used to have will head up north and have a family friendly time there instead.

So you're saying that a park with a very small kids area and very intense rides is more family friendly than a park that has the best kids area in the world? I mean, I agree that Halloween Haunt isn't for kids but that doesn't make Kings Island overall less family friendly. Plus they do have the Nick-or-Treat which is very specifically geared towards kids.

An 11 year old is usually big enough of ride the major coasters and they usually do not like to trick or treat with 4 year olds. I am saying that KI is not doing hardly anything for the "tween" age while CP is. If you have young kids, Nick or treat is just fine but there is that in between age that they are leaving out.

I am saying that KI is not doing hardly anything for the "tween" age while CP is.

Haunt Guy, isn't Kings Island going toward a more mature type thing as Knotts Berry Farm, rather than Cedar Point. Hence the name Halloween Haunt and not Halloweekends. But anyway I have been to both Cedar Point and Kings Islands Halloween Events and I think that Kings Island's is always better in the Halloween aspect, at least they win me over with quantity.Even when KI was runned by Paramount it seemed as if they changed up there haunted houses every so often. Cedar Point's Haunted Houses have been the same name for 3 years now, they have only added a few Fear Zones with Carnevil and Fearfaire.

I think families understand that HAUNT is not your "run-of-the-mill" event at KI, and KNOW that KI is a great family destination during non-HAUNT operating days! I don't think anyone will NOT come back to KI just because of HAUNT. People aren't stupid.... they don't see HAUNT and say "KI must be like that ALL year!"... NO!

Also, since HAUNT is upcharge next... you will see more control of the people allowed to attend! This is nothing new, Knott's had this problem... CP had this problem... even Universal had this problem!

Heck.. Disney had this problem with Alien Encounter! -Hauntguy

Where has there been an official press release from the park stating HH is an upcharge next year?

http://www3.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/spec...pass_faq.cfm#14

IS Halloween Haunt INCLUDED IN A SEASON PASS?

Halloween Haunt is free with a 2007 Season Pass but there will be a separate admission for this event in 2008.