Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

So I'm going to outright say it... my source isn't exactly reliable. It's just a friend that works at KI. But he keeps telling me that Tomb Raider is getting the axe and is going to be removed. Personally I'd love to see it, and then they could put a big ride back there to revitalize Rivertown. But I guess only time will tell.

Tomb Raider will not be removed. Yes i would also like to see it happen but it will not for at least a couple of years. The only reason it closed was for maintnence. The only thing of the ride that will probably get the axe is its theme.

And without the theme, what point is the ride? It will just be a Giant Top Spin in a box then. Granted, I only took one ride on it this year, on opening day, and was less than pleased with my experience on it. I`m indifferent about its removal. I don`t see them removing it though. Especially when it is only five years old.

• Like 1

From what I heard all the theming is out of the building so it a Top Spin in a box.

The theming is always removed during maintenance. That is not anything new or a sign of anything to come.

The Interpreter, who is stating nothing at all in this post as to whether or not the theming and/or ride will be removed, but is indicating the fact the theming is not currently inside the ride means only that the theming is not currently inside the ride, nothing more.

Honestly in my opinion even if they do removing the theming of the ride, it could still be pretty good, if well done. All they need to do is get a new program, and maybe actually use the water effects. Maybe add some cool lights or strobes to the ride.

But that wouldn't make any sense you knew TR was going to be closed the rest of the season back in July.

We visited the park in mid-July for a company picnic, and Tomb Raider was operating that that time. Took all three of my nephews on the ride for the first time. Was disappointed that some of the effects were not working, but still a great ride.

So I'm going to outright say it... my source isn't exactly reliable. It's just a friend that works at KI. But he keeps telling me that Tomb Raider is getting the axe and is going to be removed. Personally I'd love to see it, and then they could put a big ride back there to revitalize Rivertown. But I guess only time will tell.

This is my first post on here, but I don't think TR will be removed, for a number of reasons.

First, as long as CF is billing the ride as the only Huss Giant Top Spin in the country (which is what the park people always say, I don't know whether this is true or not), it is a "one of a kind" attraction that they would not want to get rid of. Also, it is a ride that could easily be reprogramed and rethemed without the paramount connection. This would certainly cost CF less than removing TR and building something new. Finally, there is plenty of room to put a big ride in that area without removing TR.

I did go to the park last weekend and you could see from The Beast that the theming is sitting outside the building, I was told by someone I know who works at the park that it was necessary to remove the theming in order to give the maintenance crews room to perform repairs to the ride without damaging any of the decor....

Knott's Great America is getting one. What if they are not getting the one from Geauga Lake??

It's called Great America, not Knott's Great America, I don't know when or why people started calling it Knott's Great America, RCDB even did for a while, but it was never renamed. Sorry it just kind of bothers me that people call it that.

i like TR:TR.

i may be one of the few, but if ind it enjoyable. its a shame the theming has gone to crap....

here is an idea...

paint the interior of the building black. put in all sorts of lighting effects, ultraviolet paint on the walls, blacklight on the ceiling and paint the ride some flourecent color.

put it in overdrive and call it something like rave....

wouldn't be expensive, we'd still have the ride, and there would be no more naming issues with the ride.

anybody like the idea?

i like TR:TR.

i may be one of the few, but if ind it enjoyable. its a shame the theming has gone to crap....

here is an idea...

paint the interior of the building black. put in all sorts of lighting effects, ultraviolet paint on the walls, blacklight on the ceiling and paint the ride some flourecent color.

put it in overdrive and call it something like rave....

wouldn't be expensive, we'd still have the ride, and there would be no more naming issues with the ride.

anybody like the idea?

It's a Huss Giant Top Spin. Putting it in overdrive is pretty much out of the question, unless you mean that VERY technically, as in slow down the motor so that there is less stress and strain on it, by lowering the revolutions per minute (which IS what overdrive does to an engine--how the vernacular got this to mean putting the pedal to the metal is probably because overdrive doesn't kick in on most setups until a high speed is reached).

In any event, the park has had enough problems just trying to keep the thing running at all, much less in a more frantic mode---which probably isn't even practical.

• Like 1

Does your source happen to be a girl that works a cabana in BB?

• Like 1

I really loved Tombraider the first year it was opened, when it was working. There were plenty of revolutions, including the one where your picture was taken. Over time revolutions have been removed making it more disappointing to me, especially after riding the one at Kings Dominion, plenty of revolution time. Is this because the Top Spin at Kings Island is so huge compared to the one at the Dominion??? That is what made TR at Kings Island so impressive was the flipping in the darkness. I know if they retheme this ride, I am sure the soundtrack they use will be changed, and I will be honest, when the ride first starts that was what got the excitement going for me was the music.

• Like 1

The ride is going to be rethemed to a river adventure or something along those lines.

That seems to be a very logical idea. Keep a major ride and just change the theming to fit the area and rebrand the attraction. While TR is not what it use to be (because of the lack of theming upkeep) I still think the idea and concept was really well done and hope they keep this attraction and its enclosure.