Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

I think he wants like River Town town an old western theme, not just gardens and ponds.

Thats exactly what im talking about, rivertown is kinda dull no offense but its lost its excitementness, yes thats a word i just made it lol. If you added some western style theming over there I really think it could make the whole area a lot more fun.

^^Yeah, you said it yourself. Great America COULD be sold. Does that mean there's no chance of them getting a new ride? Don't think so. And in my personal opinion, I think it's unlikely that it will be sold. Cedar Fair has made it clear that they're not favorable toward the new stadium idea.

...but they also made it quite clear that they WILL sell the park and their assets in it for the right price....whatever that is. This is actually quite brilliant, they are making it clear that although they don't think the stadium is a good idea for the park, they won't stand in the way of it being built, if the community wants it badly enough to end the lease and allow the park to be bought out.

So I'm going to outright say it... my source isn't exactly reliable. It's just a friend that works at KI. But he keeps telling me that Tomb Raider is getting the axe and is going to be removed. Personally I'd love to see it, and then they could put a big ride back there to revitalize Rivertown. But I guess only time will tell.

not exacly reliable? i know it's a fact, i saw them gutting the building when i got sent to tower dude, it's fact

not exacly reliable? i know it's a fact, i saw them gutting the building when i got sent to tower dude, it's fact

Dude, I am going to be nice to you for 2 reasons:

1) This was your first post on this site

2) This is probably your first year working at the park

You need to check you facts before you just jump to conclusions on here because you just lost a lot of credibility on these forums with a comment that couldn't be more wrong, and worse, with your first post. Just because you got sent over to work at the tower for a day doesn't make you an expert, especially for a half of the park that you probably don't work in (I am guessing based on your name). As it has been discussed in many other posts, the theming is outside the building so that there is more room to do maintenance on the ride.

And, if they were replacing all of the Paramount theming (which they are), wouldn't they have to "gut" the building?

No because as long as Cedar Fair owns all of the themeing and props inside the building they can use them however they want. The name, yea that's licensed but all that has to be done is change the sign and tell the operators to stop using the name Tomb Raider.

This thread is so unreliable. Themeing is rolled out every off-season. Its not uncommon. It is simply rolled out so that maintainence is able to drive the big JLG lifts in the roll-up doors and access the different drive components. Last off-season I went to TR and the themeing was out, the giant floor jack was under the gondola to level it, and there was a table with cards sitting in front of the gondola on the floor.

Dude, I am going to be nice to you for 2 reasons:

1) This was your first post on this site

2) This is probably your first year working at the park

You need to check you facts before you just jump to conclusions on here because you just lost a lot of credibility on these forums with a comment that couldn't be more wrong, and worse, with your first post. Just because you got sent over to work at the tower for a day doesn't make you an expert, especially for a half of the park that you probably don't work in (I am guessing based on your name). As it has been discussed in many other posts, the theming is outside the building so that there is more room to do maintenance on the ride.

MarketingExpress, you pretty much covered it. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut on this one.

I am getting this info from rides maint....

TR blew a motor and the only way to get to it is to remove the themeing. There is no major changes that will happen to TR.

It will be nice to get the ride working correctly again. I rode it earlier this summer and there was no audio and I heard a woman yell out, "Oh s---!" and heard all kinds of change and what not hitting the ground. Priceless!