Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

I've heard rumours also, but I heard they wanted to expose the Giant Spin. I hope not because the A/C does feel good when you need it!

HAHA!! I totally and fully agree with you!!! :lol:

:) Besides, Tomb Raider wouldn't be as neat outside because: 1. You cant control the lighting 2. The Special Effects wouldn't be as good. 3. A/C duh!!

Heh,

~Josh

Why in the world would they change Racer South to forwards? The Backwards Racer is a much more popular ride then forwards, and it's been going Backwards for 25 years. I'd really be upset if Racer Backwards is no more, I much prefer the backwards side to the forwards side any day.

Your thinking of Curse of the Crypt... and that's not what I'm talking about. You can see parts of the crypts facade in XBase... but at Red Beards Revenge, the hand next to the facade is the hand from the "goddess" in TR:TR... Tech Services told me. All the other stuff is from TR:TR and not the "Crypt"... the rest of that attraction is around DeathRow and Racers... the actual haunt walls and interiors where repainted and desinged... I think they call it "ClubBlood" now. -Hauntguy

No, everything is from Curse of the Crypt and not TR. Trust me. I worked it in 2004, so I know every single prop in that attraction like the back of my hand:

- The skull hand next to Red Beard's Revenge is from COTC; it was in my room as part of an altar scene with a giant snake curled up around the fingers.

- Every coffin in Rivertown is from COTC (at least the wooden ones).

- The little mummy scene behind the Paramount Story waterfall is from COTC.

- In the Shipwreck Diner scene on the Bandstand, the weird-looking vampire in the back is from COTC.

- The crawl-through tunnel in Trail of Terror was originally in COTC.

- The snake charmer in CarnEVIL stole that giant snake from me in COTC.

- As said earlier, the only thing from TR:TR is the Land Rover that is 'parked' inside Action Zone.

Why in the world would they change Racer South to forwards? The Backwards Racer is a much more popular ride then forwards, and it's been going Backwards for 25 years. I'd really be upset if Racer Backwards is no more, I much prefer the backwards side to the forwards side any day.

One thought...in Ohio, parks must follow ride manufacturers' recommendations. Perhaps the manufacturer of trains running on The Racer at that time will not approve backwards operation . . .

Note that the last coasters built by CCI all have plaques that say words to the effect of: FORWARD OPERATION ONLY.

When Racer began backward operation on one side, we lived in less litigious times...

The Backwards Racer is a much more popular ride then forwards,

Why is it that the recaR has consistantly shorter lines? Or less people in the trains?

LOL,at KD Rebel yell backwards has a longer line than the forward side...and even then it's still not more than a three train wait if the park is running both trains on each side.Now what I hate about it is having to walk through the insanely long queue line that leads from the midway & into the station but at least the trade off for that is usually plenty of rerides if you get the right seat.

A couple years back a friend & I rode the forward side a record 15 times in a row without having to exit other than to switch rows when someone was waiting for our seat.

Why is it that the recaR has consistantly shorter lines? Or less people in the trains?

Are you kidding? Every single time I've ridden The Racer, recaR has either a line out of the main station or a two-to-three train wait inside the station.

Are you kidding? Every single time I've ridden The Racer, recaR has either a line out of the main station or a two-to-three train wait inside the station.

Wow, everyone sees it different! :lol: