Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

• 3 weeks later...

You guys wanted quality theme at they delivered it to you with Tomb Raider. The park spent millions upon millions giving that ride a Universal Studios standard of theming and they did a great job on the theming of the ride (even though they didnt do a great job on maintaning it) and still complain about it. It seems to me whatever the park does no one is ever happy. Yes I agree the ride program is borning but its not supposed to be too intense and fast like the other top spins to save wear and tear on the motors and keep down the down time which alot of people on this site also complain about. I for one am very happy that Kings Island is hope of the Tomb Raider even though it could use some TLC.

Tomb Raider is not even close to Universal quality. The theming on it is great for KI, but as far as Universal quality goes, it doesn't even touch it.

I know this is a matter of opinion. But, when Tomb Raider has all of its special effects going, I think it would not look out of place next to Twister or Mummy at Universal. It might not be up to the level of theming at IOA but, it would fit well at the Studios. Tomb Raider is probably the most well themed ride anywhere in the midwest. Its just a shame the theming has not been kept up.

Tomb Raider is not even close to Universal quality. The theming on it is great for KI, but as far as Universal quality goes, it doesn't even touch it.

I have to disagree with that. It rivals the quality that Universal puts out and Im not just being a fanboy of the park or ride. Its got a theme line, preshow, and the without the themeing the ride would otherwise suck which is what Universal is mostly about.

I have heard far too many guests complain about the ride programming on Tomb Raider: The Ride. Many feel it leaves them upside down for far too long...they do not find it boring so much as they find it unnecessarily very uncomfortable. When people don't like something, they have the tendency not to do it again. . .

I bet if you were to look at TR:TR's ridership over the past 5 years or so, it would look something like a line that goes gently down, than takes a nose dive.

The question is, will Cedar Fair pay $1,000s and $1,000s every year to repair a ride that most people won't ride?

Things are looking down for TR.

I like TR:TR too. Yes I do wish they would keep up the theming more and yes the ride program could be much better. That said I still think it's a good ride. I took my nephew to KI last year and that was second favorite ride next to FOF. I don't think it was the best fit into Rivertown but I never thought it looked bad there either. As far as what I think they should do with it. Rather than them put a new coaster station in 09 on swan lake. I would rather them take out TR:TR and go from there that way they could practically not have to effect any other rides while giving the new ride The Beast's into the woods oblivion effect. Now with TR:TR not there I still think they should keep it just move it somewhere else in the park. I think personally it would be nice to go in the area of Flight Commanders old pad and just keep it outside no more building around it.

You guys wanted quality theme at they delivered it to you with Tomb Raider. The park spent millions upon millions giving that ride a Universal Studios standard of theming and they did a great job on the theming of the ride (even though they didnt do a great job on maintaning it) and still complain about it. It seems to me whatever the park does no one is ever happy. Yes I agree the ride program is borning but its not supposed to be too intense and fast like the other top spins to save wear and tear on the motors and keep down the down time which alot of people on this site also complain about. I for one am very happy that Kings Island is hope of the Tomb Raider even though it could use some TLC.

Actually the ride program is in place to synch up with the "theming" and "storyline" of the audio. That ride program is the source of all the downtime. Its not in place to keep down wear and tear, its in place to go with the story line and is the source of most of the rides problems, including the problem which ruined the motors this past season, causing it to be closed the rest of the year.

I don't really get why everyone keeps saying that TRTR has TONS of downtime, when it doesn't. Besides opening year for it, and this year, there has been not that much downtime. And i'll say it again, no one whined and complained that Delerium has had tons of downtime when it went down almost all of one season!? So why is TR any different? I'm pretty sure TR will be back next season, there's really no reason why it shouldn't!

I don't really get why everyone keeps saying that TRTR has TONS of downtime, when it doesn't. Besides opening year for it, and this year, there has been not that much downtime. And i'll say it again, no one whined and complained that Delerium has had tons of downtime when it went down almost all of one season!? So why is TR any different? I'm pretty sure TR will be back next season, there's really no reason why it shouldn't!

I would say the big reason people don't fuss about Delerium is because to most it's a much better ride. If a good ride breaks down people are a little more patient.

I would say the big reason people don't fuss about Delerium is because to most it's a much better ride. If a good ride breaks down people are a little more patient.

I thought it was the other way around? Normally, if a good ride breaks down, or rather, ANY ride, there's always people coming back to the ride every ten seconds asking/checking if the ride's open. Then, of course, they get furious that said attraction has been down for the last hour and a half after they just ridden only one other attraction.

Plus, I'd say that Delirium and TR's downtime for half of a season both had a plethora of guests coming and going asking why the ride's broken and when it'll be back up. TR probably had a little bit more guests than 'Lirium, though.

It's amazing what people post on these forums, when in reality they are posting what they think will happen, or rumors as the fact. I just read all 18 pages laughing at most of the posts in which people claim they have "inside info" about this topic, in which reality, I know most, not all, of the information about this topic, considering I am still at KI during the off season. I have yet to go to other topics, but I'll assume it is the same way.

It's amazing what people post on these forums, when in reality they are posting what they think will happen, or rumors as the fact. I just read all 18 pages laughing at most of the posts in which people claim they have "inside info" about this topic, in which reality, I know most, not all, of the information about this topic, considering I am still at KI during the off season. I have yet to go to other topics, but I'll assume it is the same way.

Meh... everyone's an expert. Then again, you're making the same claim that others are... that you know something that we don't.

• Like 1

I know this is a matter of opinion. But, when Tomb Raider has all of its special effects going, I think it would not look out of place next to Twister or Mummy at Universal. It might not be up to the level of theming at IOA but, it would fit well at the Studios. Tomb Raider is probably the most well themed ride anywhere in the midwest. Its just a shame the theming has not been kept up.

I also think Tomb Raider would fit right in Universal Studios. Its a shame more rides like Tomb Raider did not get built at Kings Island. If the park was not seasonal I could see more themed rides.

Here's an idea:

I can assure you that Tomb Raider is NOT being removed. In fact, Kings Island is putting a lot of money into the ride to get it in a better working order for next year. Just trust me, the ride will be fun again next year! That is my official word.

I also think Tomb Raider would fit right in Universal Studios. Its a shame more rides like Tomb Raider did not get built at Kings Island. If the park was not seasonal I could see more themed rides.

Or more indoor rides, for that matter. As of now there's only three indoor attractions (four if you count FX Theater and five if you add Dodgems roof), with Flight of Fear, Tomb Raider, and Scooby's Haunted Castle.

Putting rides inside is a shame. Sure, it adds a whole new demension to the ride, (Flight of Fear), or it's completly necesary, (Scooby's Haunted Castle), but I think guests should be able to at least see the ride, or better yet, interact with riders.

Many people still work at the park in the off season. From executives in the admin building attending high class luncheons about future attractions and park expansion with info that must be kept under wraps, to games employees counting stuffed animals in a shed, to grounds crew workers and random kids cleaning parts in a wash bin for maintenance. Just cause your there in the off season doesn't mean anything.

Yep. They Think that just because they are in there, they think they know everything.

I know a person who works at KI who said

"The Vortex is in it's last years, It's sank 6 or 7 years in the last 20 years."

I asked where he got that info.

He Said, " I work Here, We Know Everything."