Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

My guess is they just take out the stuff that would be considered copyrighted aka the big statue things and logo ... and maybe add something else in place of those, because if u think about it the only part of the actual ride (not the waiting areas) that is clearlying a tomb raider thing is at the beginning with the girl and the lights otherwise you could really potentially use the other parts of the scenery still with the crypt.

• Like 1

There were reasons it operated as it did in 2007.

Depending on how you define "it," "it" is back for this year, or you will never ride "it" again.

All will be revealed. To some on April 19, to others on April 20, and to yet others when they read it here or elsewhere or go to the park for the first time this season.

Considering that Kings Island listed its new name on their website, I'll assume that the ride formerly known as TR:TR will operate in the 2008 season as "The Crypt".

HEY - are we going to start referring to changed-name rides at KI as...."The coaster formerly known as TIJ, etc."????

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

• 3 weeks later...

So wait, has it been announced what flats (if any) we're getting from Geauga Lake? Cuz they had like 2 or 3 top spin things, and if Crypt was to be removed it would be replaced by one of theirs, but that just seems stupid. Idk, either way i was never really fond of what was "formally" known as TR:TR because it only flipped like once and it left most males with a feeling that they would never have children.

And Geauga Lake did NOT have two or three Top Spin things. The ONE they did have has already been relocated.

Or, you know, you could say the Top Spin thing got FIRED from Geauga Lake and, on the way out, it managed to trip and FALL and get back up at a Great American amusement park in California.

....I know, I'm bad with puns.

• 7 years later...

I can see it now. "Crypt 2.0" the former home of the worlds only Giant Top Spin has been reoccupied with a larger, meaner relative. Taking riders through 10 mind bending inversions, this new and revolutionized version of the Huss Giant Top Spin offers greater capacity and greater reliability. Do you dare re-enter the lost tomb?

• Like 3

For quite a few years, HUSS would've been happy to sell you a Giant Top Spin with a whopping 77-person capacity.

Just a few years later, the HUSS Giant Top Spin was still available... carrying only 51(?).

And now? Well... Maybe for the right price.

• Like 3