Sunday Rides

CarrieR

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere -- if it has, feel free to link me and lock the thread. :)

A couple of friends and I are looking at squeezing in one final trip this coming Sunday, but I'm wondering what rides are closed? I think I read somewhere Scrambler gets disassembled for the latter part of the season, is that correct? What about Italian Job?

One of the friends I'll be travelling with isn't a big fan of heights, so we do a lot of low-to-the-ground flats and the smaller coasters. Those are more what I'm wondering about.

Thanks for any help! :)

Carrie

ETA: Although it seems all of the 'Haunt' stuff is really awesome, it's not quite my (or my friends') cup of tea, which is why we're looking at Sunday.

Ok thanks. I knew about TRTR (which we wouldn't ride anyways,) but too bad about Scrambler as that's my one friend's favorite ride.

Not so worried about the one train thing; I'm hoping the attendance (for the adult rides) is low enough going on a Sunday that it won't be an issue.

Thank you both so much for your help!

I took my kids last Sunday. Other than Scrambler and TR, White Water Canyon, Congo Falls, and Viking Fury were not running. But with the weather this coming weekend, I can't imagine the two water rides being high on anyone's wish list. Vortex and Adventure Express were down to 2 trains, but were still virtual walk ons all day. Everything else was running normally from what I could see.

Hi all,

I'm a coaster enthusiast and also not interested much in the halloween stuff. I'm new to SW Ohio but a Cedar Point veteran...

I'm planning to hit up KI this Sunday and wanted to add a couple of questions here before I head to the park in two days.

1) Is Halloween Haunt "in effect" at all on Sunday? Or... just the regular park stuff?

2) I know HH tickets are available online, but can regular park tickets be purchased online for a discount? I'm not looking too forward to the $50 at the gate.

3) Park opens at 11 AM, but for a "regular joe" like myself, do the gates open any sooner?

Will add a question or two more if I can think of anything. Thanks for the help!

First, welcome to KIC!

1) Halloween Haunt is NOT in effect on Sundays, however if you're brining the kids along, Nick or Treat will be in full swing at Nickelodeon Universe.

2) Discount tickets are available by visiting pki.com.

3) Gates open at 11am as stated. Not sure if you can get into I-Street early or not. Can anyone help him out on that one? However, the rides and other attractions don't open until 11am.

Thanks for the link -- I did look there but I guess I was a bit confused as to how the tickets work -- since there's nothing specifically listed as just plain ol' "general admission, any day." Which do I select and at what price?

Thanks for the help. I'll be going alone and just marathoning on the coasters, so no kids in tow or anything along those lines.

First, welcome to KIC!

1) Halloween Haunt is NOT in effect on Sundays, however if you're brining the kids along, Nick or Treat will be in full swing at Nickelodeon Universe.

3) Gates open at 11am as stated. Not sure if you can get into I-Street early or not. Can anyone help him out on that one? However, the rides and other attractions don't open until 11am.

Even if the gates do open early, you couldn't get past the area in front of the fountain during the regular season so I doubt you can get any farther than that now.

I dunno -- I went last Sunday and there were mild crowds in the kids' area. The rest of the park was deserted, coasters were walk-on or near.

I've posted this a couple of places but really... if you have the opportunity to go on a Sunday (for rides, obviously not Haunt stuff)... go. We did all the riding we wanted to in about five hours. :)