T-shirts 2 for $5.00.........

BavarianBeatle

Last weekend, they were having a "sidewalk sale" of IJ:ST, Top Gun and TR:TR shirts with $16.99 price tags. They were 2 for $5.00!!! There were virtually no XL sizes and very few larges. Obviously, they are dumping this stuff and won't need these items next year. I think this is a very strong indication that CF will be retheming these 3 rides in the offseason.

I can see discounting summer items at the end of the season, but this sale was limited to Paramount items and those with the 2007 date printed on them. And $2.50 for a T-shirt????!!!!! I don't think they were that cheap in 1972!!!!! :)

Wasn't everything like that back then? My kids wear some of my clothes that my parents saved from when I was young (at the kids' request, not out of necessity:)) and never wear them out, but the stuff I buy for them today always gets torn in a week.......

Btw, I didn't mean any offense by my Beast video post in the other thread.....

I know you didn't, and I am glad you posted that video. One braking difference I saw (I always wondered if Ollie was right, my memories fade like everyone else's) is that there appears to be no brake on the hill gliding down to the helix in that test video. I am pretty sure it was installed by the end of the first season though.

The magnetic brakes, even when they slow the trains the same amount as the old skids, do so so abruptly it seems like the slowing effect is more.

I know you didn't, and I am glad you posted that video. One braking difference I saw (I always wondered if Ollie was right, my memories fade like everyone else's) is that there appears to be no brake on the hill gliding down to the helix in that test video. I am pretty sure it was installed by the end of the first season though.

The magnetic brakes, even when they slow the trains the same amount as the old skids, do so so abruptly it seems like the slowing effect is more.

I watched it again and there does appear to be braking right at the end of the chain lift at the start of the drop. I do remember the ride going very slowly at that point when I was a kid. It apparently has just been repositioned. I also noticed that, on the hill between the first hill and the braking station, the braking used to be on the side of the hill and not at the top like it is now. That explains why I remember airtime on that hill when I was sitting in the back years ago......

I understand. I detest white t-shirts and won't buy them. Black is hot as you know what in the summer. I have a red Steel Force T I love, but you can't wear the same shirt to everything! (Not to mention it is an XL, and I ain't these days).

I'm 6'2", so I have to but XL's or else they don't cover my middle-aged gut....LOL!!!

Oh, there was airtime on that hill. There was, too, in the brief interlude a couple of years back while the skid brake was removed until the new magnetic brake was installed on that hill. There was even a short period of time when there were no brakes on the first drop while they awaited installation of the magnetic brakes there.

There's no question in my mind that Beast used to run faster than it does nowadays. But then, just about everything did.

• 5 weeks later...