A few unique Halloween Haunt questions

gabelogan99

So here's the deal, it's October. I'm back. Yipee. Ok so we got that out of the way. First of all I want to say I have been to KI for FearFest but have never really participated in FearFest activities. However, since I have a pass this year I think I will check it out. I like halloween and halloween-oriented things but just have a couple of questions about the elements: (by the way a lot of you have done a great job of reporting without giving away too many spoilers. but overall I don't like big surprises. I have already decided what I'm doing and what I'm not doing.)

First of all, you keep on using the term "maze" when describing things like Massacre Manor and Club Blood. So there's two parts to my question/concern: Can you get lost in these? Are you walking through all by yourself when you go through them? I mean, it sounds like you can get lost/hurt while going through Death Row so I've ruled that one out I think. Probably won't do the Clown one either... Clowns don't freighten me. I won't necessarily change my mind on any info that anyone can give me, but I just want to be in control of at least SOME of the elements. Oh and I'm not doing the one where you crawl/get wet. No thank you.

I'm just not entirely familiar with the concept of the haunted house I guess. But I will continue to protest that this type of thing fascinates me for some unexplained reason and I want to particiapate this year. Aterall, everyone is saying it's the year to do it. So, these are just elemental questions. Things some people don't think about then haphazardly go into it and freak out because of something. I guess the good thing is I'm not squemish at all.

Also, and this is more of a general KI thing... do the gates still open an hour early in October before the rides start? If anyone can answer this and nothing else, that's fine. It would save me a phone call to GR.

"Maze" is a haunt industry term for path or passage. Now the only actual real "MAZE" is DeathRow where you CAN get lost. The other attraction you simply follow the given path.

Also, the attraction with the "Crawl tunnel" is Trail of Terror... but you don't HAVE to crawl through, you do have a choice! HEHEHE!!! -Hauntguy

Further to what Haunt Guy just said:

In the haunted "mazes", expect to be sent in with a small group of about 6-10 people. Further, they will ask the group to put their hands on the shoulders of the person in front of them, forming a mini conga line. (Not to be confused with reports that say a maze was in conga line mode, most often seen on Trail of Terror in past years, where the line gets so overwhelming that they just start sending everybody through in one continuous line, hands on shoulders)

AS far as getting hurt, that shouldn't be a concern. In Ohio, the actors of a haunted attraction are prohibited from touching you, and in return they ask that you not touch the actors. You won't be asked to do anything more than walk along a hallway or trail in the dark. No ladders, rope climbs, very limited use of stairs. There is one crawl tunnel, but as has been said, you can ask to bypass it. The main dangers are if you can't handle artificial fog or smoke or if flashing and strobe lighting bother you, you may want to stay away.