KI to have same fate as GL?

FOFirehawkFAN

Yea KI I would say gets more local visitors than anything. Really CF could really use owning both parks to there advantage cause people are now upgrading passes in order to be able to visit both parks KI and Cedar Point.

You are entirely correct. The fact that Kings Island people can now visit CP on their pass and vice versa is an absolute gold mine.

I agree, im pretty sure the whole reason they got the paramount parks was so Kinzel could get his hands on KI!

Kinzel has ALWAYS wanted Kings Island, and went through great lengths to get it.

I am just so happy that Cedar Fair now owns both parks. I got to Cedar Point 8 to 9 visits a year usually about 3 trips and if Cedar Fair never bought the parks I would never be able to do that. I dont really think this 2 billion dollar debt or whatever it was is going to last much longer with probaly millions I would say around 200 million or so with the sale of the Geauga Lake land. Plus dont forget moving rides is less costly in most cases than getting new ones and they can be marketed as new rides at the new parks now. I am wondering how much KDs attendance will go up with the addition of Dominator. Also I belive Cedar Point is adding a new kiddie area with Nick charcters for 08.

The Dayton mall has a Funcoland on the second floor, a Game Stop on the first floor and an EB games (think it was just changed to a Game Stop though) in a strip mall thats a 30 second drive from the mall.

All three are owned by Game Stop and you would think that there is no point to having 3 video game stores so close together. But talk to any of the managers and they like having the other stores so close by.

It turns out though that having these stores in proximity actually ends up helping them all. The same is true of theme parks to an extent. Orlando has become the tourist destination that it is today because of the huge number of attractions so close together. They help each other more then anything else.

Geauga Lake had little to no impact on Cedar Point and it could have actually been a huge benefit to both parks. At this point I expect Kings Island to become the sister park to Cedar Point with major installs at Kings Island and Cedar Point occurring in separate years. I think both Kings Island and Cedar Point are more successful then they would be if the other did not exist. I am also positive Cedar Fair management realizes this as well.

Actually, CF selling KI and Herschend buying it would be one of the best outcomes I could imagine :)

(I bet it would become "Fort Cooper" again, too! ;) )

Herschend or Busch would be a dream come true.

I would not be suprised if CF did 'sell' KI. But there is a big difference between selling the park and removing the park and selling the land (GL). I don't see KI being demolished and being sold as raw land.

Those people on GLtoday have lost their minds. I understand being upset losing their homepark but they have some irrational opinions and conspiracy theries.

I just read a post on there where someone wrote that "you will find out in the next five years about CF." He was responding to a person who said the only other park he could see closing other than GL is GA.

There is no way that CF is going to close KI. Sell it, maybe. BUt from what I have read the main reason they bought all the paramount parks in the first place was to get KI.

Why in the world would CF close a park that gets 3.5 million people a year? They want to make money. Closing KI would not make CP any more money. Minimal if any.

I could see CF selling KI only if the offer was great. To behonest if I had 32 Billion dollars, I would offer 750Million for KI alone and then put 10Billion dollars into KI. Make everyone happy. Bush Actully might get their hands on KI if they really wanted it.

To just reiterate, this is incredibly stupid. KI is one of the larger seasonal parks in attendance and profit.

Anyways, I for one hope KI stays with CF for the selfish reason that I enjoy being able to buy a SP thats good at CP and KI. Also, Busch is never going to buy a park that far north again, they prefer parks that are either full year parks or extended season (BGE opens in early March.)

I could see CF selling KI only if the offer was great. To behonest if I had 32 Billion dollars, I would offer 750Million for KI alone and then put 10Billion dollars into KI. Make everyone happy. Bush Actully might get their hands on KI if they really wanted it.

I would love for that to happen. But KI doesn't really have a BG feal to it.. i don't know if they could turn KI into a BGA or BGE..

I post regularly on GLToday now as well as here and 90% of the posters there are convinced that Cedar Fair is going to sell KI because it is a threat to Cedar Point. Just thought i should say something, I can't believe how ignorant people are.

Misery loves company. The differences between why GL closed and how KI operates is night and day.

Cedar Fair may sell KI as a whole, but not tear out rides and sell land, here are some reasons why.

2) Golden Tickets

Golden Tickets are worth the same as a week old newspaper. There are numerous reasons why KI will not have the same fate as GL, and Golden Tickets would be last on the list.

I want CF to sell KI, but too a good cpmpany that'll give us good rides.. not remove classics and take good care of the park. I don't want KI to close, but to tell the truth i kind of hate CF. I liked Paramount alot better.

Sorry for the double post, but this one really deserved it.

How has CF not taken care of the park? It is much cleaner than it has been the last few years and the new paint that has been used at KI seems to have doubled years past.

What classic rides has CF taken out? Sorry sir, that comment REALLY stumps me. Paramount removed MANY classic rides, while in the 16 months CF has owned the park, I cannot recall one ride that has been removed.

If you don't like CF, so be it. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But don't just try and bash CF with accusations that are not even remotely true.

I never said CF removed any rides.. im saying that CF will do that in the next few seasons.. and probably not because bad maintence. Yes CF made the park cleaner but i don't like the feal or the park Paramount gave me. Probably because ive never been to KI when it wasn't Paramount or Cedar Fair.

I post regularly on GLToday now as well as here and 90% of the posters there are convinced that Cedar Fair is going to sell KI because it is a threat to Cedar Point. Just thought i should say something, I can't believe how ignorant people are.

I also post over at GLT,to keep track of the Dominator deconstruction & can't believe the conspiracies that some of these guys over there have come up with.Even the SFAW locals didn't come up with this many conspiracy theories as to why their park closed back in 05.

SFI messed up GL & that's how they lost their local fanbase,people didn't realize that it was gonna take time for CF to fix the damage SFI had done over a period of years...not overnight.

I also post over at GLT,to keep track of the Dominator deconstruction & can't believe the conspiracies that some of these guys over there have come up with.Even the SFAW locals didn't come up with this many conspiracy theories as to why their park closed back in 05.

SFI messed up GL & that's how they lost their local fanbase,people didn't realize that it was gonna take time for CF to fix the damage SFI had done over a period of years...not overnight.

If Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake without realizing that, they seem to be sorely lacking in the 'due diligence' department. A white elephant at a sale price still needs to be fed.