NEW 2007/08 Season Pass Info!

BoddaH1994

2008 SEASON PASS OFFER – ONE FREE VISIT THIS FALL

A new perk has been added to the list of reasons to purchase a 2008 Season Pass before the fall deadline of November 11, 2007. All 2008 Passholders are now allowed to visit any one (1) day during the 2007 season for free. Anyone that purchased a 2008 pass is entitled to this benefit and need only to visit any admission ticket window to receive their free one-day ticket.

SEASON PASS BRING-A-FRIEND DISCOUNT OFFER

Kings Island 2007 and 2008 Season Passholders can bring a friend to the park any day the rest of this season for a special discounted price:

- Friday Nights - $14.95

- Saturdays - $19.95

- Sundays - $14.95

As is standard with most coupon offers, this discount has a limit of six (6) per person and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.

...uh what? What happened to pricing integrity?

What about all those kudos that went to Cedar Fair for ending "Bring A Friend Free" days? Well, it isn't free...but from charging extra for Halloween Haunt to suddenly allowing passholders to bring a friend for $14.95 ($19.95 on Saturdays?). For the entire day?

I guess this new direction for Halloween Haunt must be a huge success.

And admissions must be doing really, really well. After all, they apparently want even more people in those lines.

...uh what? What happened to pricing integrity?

What about all those kudos that went to Cedar Fair for ending "Bring A Friend Free" days? Well, it isn't free...but from charging extra for Halloween Haunt to suddenly allowing passholders to bring a friend for $14.95 ($19.95 on Saturdays?). For the entire day?

I guess this new direction for Halloween Haunt must be a huge success.

And admissions must be doing really, really well. After all, they apparently want even more people in those lines.

Pricing Integrity is just a tag line. It's similar to "New" Tide.

One difference.

NEW Tide is aimed at consumers and is primarily advertised on television and radio with some print media (by the way, the current liquid versions of P&G laundry detergents are going away, to be replaced by double concentrates...driven primarily by Wal*Mart, but I digress).

Pricing integrity was stressed in conference call after conference call, and was noted as a primary difference in philosophy between the former owners of the acquired parks and Cedar Fair. Whenever admissions are slightly down, Mr. Kinzel points out it is due to pricing integrity at the acquired parks, and that over time the acquired parks will approach the same pricing strategy as the legacy parks. Each time there is a dip, there seems to be a relapse, however.

Last winter, when season pass sales were apparently disappointing, the gold pass perks suddenly returned, and parking was suddenly announced as a benefit for season passes already purchased or to be purchased by a certain date (before then, it had been unclear whether or not they were going to charge for season pass parking).

This year, after season pass pricing is announced and the passes have been for sale for about a month, suddenly this program is announced with ONE free visit in 2007 for 2008 passholders and this Bring A Friend for a reduced rate for both 2007 and 2008 passholders. Seems to me they must either be disappointed in the HH performance and admission figures OR season pass sales to date or both.

One difference.

NEW Tide is aimed at consumers and is primarily advertised on television and radio with some print media (by the way, the current liquid versions of P&G laundry detergents are going away, to be replaced by double concentrates...driven primarily by Wal*Mart, but I digress).

Pricing integrity was stressed in conference call after conference call, and was noted as a primary difference in philosophy between the former owners of the acquired parks and Cedar Fair. Whenever admissions are slightly down, Mr. Kinzel points out it is due to pricing integrity at the acquired parks, and that over time the acquired parks will approach the same pricing strategy as the legacy parks. Each time there is a dip, there seems to be a relapse, however.

Last winter, when season pass sales were apparently disappointing, the gold pass perks suddenly returned, and parking was suddenly announced as a benefit for season passes already purchased or to be purchased by a certain date (before then, it was unclear whether or not they were going to charge for season pass parking).

This year, after season pass pricing is announced and the passes have been for sale for about a month, suddenly this program is announced with ONE free visit in 2007 for 2008 passholders and this Bring A Friend for a reduced rate for both 2007 and 2008 passholders. Seems to me they must either be disappointed in the HH performance and admission figures OR season pass sales to date or both.

Translation = Kinzel and his conference calls have very little to do with what actually is going on and will be going on in the parks.

Then again, there are us procrastinators (user raises hand). I still haven't decided which tier of 2008 pass I am buying, much less purchased and processed it.

The one visit in 2007 offer seems like a way to fix the "But Paramount let us use our next year's pass this year" complaints.

The bring a friend discount really works out well on Sundays. On Friday and Saturday its $5 even the web advertised price, on Sundays it is worth $10 off.

Any word on if there will be an offer on Bare Bones Nights? (I assume a season pass is valid on Bare Bones Nights)

Its also interesting to note that I have heard that several Cincinnati radio stations are now giving out comp tickets to Halloween Haunt. Didn`t they stress that in their last conference call as a reason why attendance was down at the former Paramount Parks? So why, have they decided to start issuing comp tickets? Keep in mind, you didn`t see many radio stations giving out comp tickets back in the spring.

Its also interesting to note that I have heard that several Cincinnati radio stations are now giving out comp tickets to Halloween Haunt. Didn`t they stress that in their last conference call as a reason why attendance was down at the former Paramount Parks? So why, have they decided to start issuing comp tickets? Keep in mind, you didn`t see many radio stations giving out comp tickets back in the spring.

Only one reason that free tickets are given away in mass by other media outlets.

I think we know what that reason is....

So much for HH giving folk what they want. If ya were giving them what they wanted they'd not have to be given free tickets to get into it.

The complaints that I see the most is for long lines for Haunt attractions and as we all know – guests standing in long line = guests not spending money and guests resistant to paying to come back . So my confusion would be – Why give free event tickets to a target market who is not known to spend a lot at parks and why would you put you’re otherwise willingly spending guests in longer lines giving them less time to spend their money while waiting in longer lines?

I understand that giving free tickets out through the air waves is a cheep way to promote a special event.

The complaints that I see the most is for long lines for Haunt attractions and as we all know – guests standing in long line = guests not spending money and guests resistant to paying to come back . So my confusion would be – Why give free event tickets to a target market who is not known to spend a lot at parks and why would you put you're otherwise willingly spending guests in longer lines giving them less time to spend their money while waiting in longer lines?

I understand that giving free tickets out through the air waves is a cheep way to promote a special event.

I think even without giving out free tickets, they would still be facing incredibly long lines.....and I don't necessarily blame that on the fact that Pass Holders are allowed in FREE. Tickets to Halloween Haunt this year are a STEAL. $19.95 on a Friday? Who in the hell wouldn't do that? An average haunt in the area ranges anywhere from $10-$12. For $20 you get all the Haunt attractions PLUS the rides? Of course its going to be a zoo. I've never been to the Knott's event, but I'd be curious to see how everything plays out there. Pre-sell tickets for their Halloween Haunt are $46, quite a big hike from KI's admission.

I went to the Park last night and turned around and left. The line just to BUY tickets was insane. Traffic was backed out of the Parking Tolls and backed up almost onto 71. I know at 8PM, just one hour after opening, there were already 9,000 people in the Park. I'd be curious to hear what the final attendance ended up being. They were anticipating 15,000.

- Todd

If you turned around and left last night (Friday the 12th) then you missed out. It really wasn't as bad as the parking lot and ticket lines indicated. We got there at 7:00, and from 7 to 8:30 we got walk-ons on Vortex and Beast and just walked around the park admiring the decor. From 8:30 (when we met some friends) to midnight we went through the Cemetary, Death Row, rode The Beast (half hour wait), Blackbeard's Revenge, The Racer and the Monster (if that's what the spider ride is; can't remember off hand). We took our time strolling through the park and ate some pizza, watched Dead Awakening (ugh) and whatnot. Granted, I did expect it to be less crowded with it being Friday and pretty chilly, but it wasn't too bad.

It isn't just Kings Island, either:

From Great America:

Attention all 2007 WOW! Card, VIP Pass, and MAXX Pass holders! Now through October 28th, you can bring a friend for only $19.95! Plus, all those who purchase or have purchased a 2008 Season Pass, Gold Pass or Platinum Pass get a FREE 2007 visit and can bring a friend for $19.95 too!

Just look at what's happening now only at Great America!

Though I can just imagine how hard it is going to be to sell season passes to that park now, given Cedar Fair's press release this week. Yep, I can indeed just look at what's happening NOW only at Great America.

If you turned around and left last night (Friday the 12th) then you missed out. It really wasn't as bad as the parking lot and ticket lines indicated. We got there at 7:00, and from 7 to 8:30 we got walk-ons on Vortex and Beast and just walked around the park admiring the decor. From 8:30 (when we met some friends) to midnight we went through the Cemetary, Death Row, rode The Beast (half hour wait), Blackbeard's Revenge, The Racer and the Monster (if that's what the spider ride is; can't remember off hand). We took our time strolling through the park and ate some pizza, watched Dead Awakening (ugh) and whatnot. Granted, I did expect it to be less crowded with it being Friday and pretty chilly, but it wasn't too bad.

Compare this post:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=180616

So, it either was not very busy at all, or it was! :)

Ok -- so to use the 'bring a friend' discount...

I'm a 2007 Passholder (Maxx.) I will be a 2008 passholder, but have not purchased yet (nor do I have the finances to at the moment.) I'm planning on going tomorrow with two friends, one a fellow Maxx Pass holder, the other a GP. I'd like to get the GP friend the $15 ticket. Do we just show up at the park and present our passes?

I would hate to not buy the $24.95 ticket online, get to the gate, and be forced to buy a $50 ticket, KWIM?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but if anyone does, I'd appreciate it. (I also don't hold out much hope since we're leaving in like ten or eleven hours, most of which are overnight, LOL.)

Thanks for any help anyone else can provide.

Carrie (who should change her SN to 'questiongirl,' I swear...)

Odd -- I remember last April when every radio station around was giving out Cincinnati Reds opening day tickets... and that's sold out for what? The past 80 years? I also remember radio stations giving out tickets to the releases of the new Star Wars movies... were those flops?

Giving away tickets was nothing more than a promotion which in this case is basically free advertising for Kings Island. Give a radio station 4 tickets to the Haunt and they talk about Kings Island on the radio as they give them away. It's almost like an advertising spot that cost the park next to nothing.

If any of you have been to Halloween Haunt this year you clearly know that it's an excellent value, incredible experience, and an obvious huge success. Don't think that giving away a few tickets here and there takes anything away from that.

No, I was not implying that they were giving out the comp tickets because of the quality of Halloween Haunt. I agree, it is much better then last year. I just wish I had more time to spend at Kings Island experiencing it! And yes, having radio stations give away tickets is a way to get people talking about it and interested. And by all accounts from my two visits this year, people are certainly showing up in masses to partake in the haunting.

I was merely pointing out, that it seems they are slowly starting to reintroduce some more comp tickets at Kings Island. After the most recent conference call, they stated that the dip in attendance at the former Paramount Parks was largely a result of the reduction in the number of comp tickets they gave out. After all, the more people you get through the gates, means the more people you have buying food, games, and merchandise.

Has anyone bought their 2008 season pass yet? I am wondering if they are temporary passes like last year or if they are the permanent ones. It was such a mess to stand in line last year and then turn around and do the same thing this year.

We bought our 2008s two weeks ago. They are the real passes, so no exchange this year. I'm GUESSING the problem last year was they didn't have the card stock designed/ready for the 2007s in fall 2006. Plus, I don't know how long this has been a procedure since when I worked there you had to get a new picture every year, but when you go to SP processing, you don't have to have the picture retaken. They just transfer the image electronically to your new card. Of course, the new card you get looks exactly like the 2007, so the employee there suggested writing 2008 after my signature.

2008 SEASON PASS OFFER – ONE FREE VISIT THIS FALL

A new perk has been added to the list of reasons to purchase a 2008 Season Pass before the fall deadline of November 11, 2007. All 2008 Passholders are now allowed to visit any one (1) day during the 2007 season for free. Anyone that purchased a 2008 pass is entitled to this benefit and need only to visit any admission ticket window to receive their free one-day ticket.

My aunt got her season pass when she upgraded her single-day ticket earlier this month, but we don't really know if she can still use her 2008 pass to get in one day for free since she kind of already did. Being the "expert" I am on the topic, I'd say that it's in the computer that anyone can get in one day for free, regardless of how they obtained their pass. I doubt very seriously anyone can answer this question and that's what I told my aunt. Even if she called, they probably wouldn't know exactly what to tell her. But I'm guessing that she'll be able to get in free Friday if we go, and the only way to find out is to try.

House, the Platinum Pass has parking included whenever. The 'early buy' perk is $10 off ($140 instead of $150) and the jacket, if you buy by 11/11. But even if you buy in the spring, you'll get free parking with the platinum. You just have to buy early to get it free on the regular/gold passes.

To answer my own question from earlier in the thread: The 'bring a friend' ticket IS obtained at the gate. We went on Sunday and BOY what a value. We were there for about five hours, in mostly walk-on conditions, and for $15? Can't beat it.

Carrie

I take it that this is only for someone who doesn't have a 2007 season pass? Or can you process your 2008 season pass and still get a free ticket?

I asked this past weekend. You can still get a free ticket and give it to someone else to use (we were wondering so we could figure cost for a trip with my parents).

SEASON PASS BRING-A-FRIEND DISCOUNT OFFER

Kings Island 2007 and 2008 Season Passholders can bring a friend to the park any day the rest of this season for a special discounted price:

- Friday Nights - $14.95

- Saturdays - $19.95

- Sundays - $14.95

BoddaH:

I have not seen or heard any official word that this is true yet. Can you point me to where it says this on their site? Also, I'm assuming that you can only do this at the park and not online, which is fine.