Update on the former Lion Country Safari Monorail

Phil, thanks for all the awesome input and updates.

I'm back in Athens now, but I stopped by Jungle Jims saturday evening to grab some last few photographs before leaving town again for awhile. I took these with my new F/2.8 70-200mm Lens from outside the fenced area and from the parking lot.

IMG_4751.jpg

-Rehabbed "Jungle Jim's World of Food Trains" sitting on the tracks next to KI trains in the original paint scheme.

IMG_4753.jpg

-A shot taken from outside of the fence looking directly into the station.

IMG_4756.jpg

-A view of the rear "World of Food" car lined up with the transfer track.

IMG_4759.jpg

-A train lacking it's rear car. As Mr. Adams stated earlier:

We have converted two complete trains and a third is in the maintenance building...

...The generators are in the last car. We sacrificed the last car to hold the generator.

IMG_4765.jpg

-Mr. Adams, we are really looking forward to the monorail and the progress of Jungle Jims. I have grown up in that area since I was 1 and have watched Jungles grow and grow year after year, definitely an exciting program you have going here!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must have an impressive camera Gordon. I wish I had the money for one I only have my standard digital camera and an old Nikon F which was given to me from my father which are somewhat hard to find in good condition anymore

• 3 weeks later...

New Pictures. We should complete the last sections of track soon. When we installed the station we had to guess on the direction the track and train would run. Of course we guessed wrong. Today we started the process to turn the trains around 180 degrees. You ask why turn them around?.... The cab for the driver only has one door. The driver would not be able to leave the train while at the Oscar Event Center Station.

Here is a link to todays photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/PhillatJungleJ...key=hk6H6mNv00U

Have Fun!

Phill Adams

Director of Development

Jungle Jim's International Market, Inc.

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

• 3 weeks later...

We completed the track from the "Snake Building" to the Oscar Event Center Station (above Starbucks) last week. Yesterday (May 7th) we tested one of the trains. Nothing special, just driving the train from the bridge to the track in the snake building.

If you are in the area you may see us testing different things with the trains. Sorry, we do not have a schedule, nor a date for the public. We need to construct gates and several other safety features before we can open it to the public. Still shooting for sometime this summer. Plans are to use the trains for Oscar Event Parking. Sorry, no plans to use the train for grocery shopping.

I did call my daughter to let her know the monorail was running. She was eight when we purchased the trains. She would ask when the trains would be running. I told her by the time she turned sixteen. She's now 18....

Microsoft Virtual Earth Photos of the monorail: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...6&encType=1

Have Fun!

Phill Adams

Director of Development

Jungle Jim's International Market Inc.

Fairfield, Ohio 45014-4108

www.JungleJims.com

New Pictures. We should complete the last sections of track soon. When we installed the station we had to guess on the direction the track and train would run. Of course we guessed wrong. Today we started the process to turn the trains around 180 degrees. You ask why turn them around?.... The cab for the driver only has one door. The driver would not be able to leave the train while at the Oscar Event Center Station.

Here is a link to todays photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/PhillatJungleJ...key=hk6H6mNv00U

Have Fun!

Phill Adams

Director of Development

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

Phil,

That switchrail looks exactly like the one we used at Kings Island, only with paint on it. - is it the same one?

Thanks,

Keith

Have Fun!

Phill Adams

Director of Development

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

Phil,

That switchrail looks exactly like the one we used at Kings Island, only with paint on it. - is it the same one?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Yes, that is the same switchrail. The track was sold long before we purchased the trains. Luckily, the switchrail was left behind.

Phill

Have Fun!

Phill Adams

Director of Development

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

Phil,

Thanks,

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The monorail probably will not open to the public until September. We probably will use it in conjunction with Oscar Events Oscar is the event center on the second floor. Oscar is Jungle Jim's Middle name.

We can not charge a fee to ride the monorail.

Yes, there is a transfer track, but only if one train has issues. When you visit, you will notice the transfer track at the "Snake" building.

We do not have plans to continue the track at this time.

The tracks will be extended to allow two trains to run back and forth.

Does anyone have access to the old PMCS manuals? Doubt the exist or existed back in the day... doesn't hurt to ask.

:)

Have Fun!

Phill

Director of Development

5440 Dixie Highway

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

www.JungleJims.com