KD's Italian Job to change names in 2008

Found this over at CoasterBuzz today

http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode...p;TopicID=47939

Confirmed that Italian Job at KD will be changing names next season.

KI just randomly decided to mark down their NON Paramount Branded Top Gun, IJ and Tomb Raider merchandise for no reason, just remember that! ;-) No name changes for KI! Yeah, right, Stunt Coaster anyone?

- Todd

KI just randomly decided to mark down their NON Paramount Branded Top Gun, IJ and Tomb Raider merchandise for no reason, just remember that! ;-) No name changes for KI! Yeah, right, Stunt Coaster anyone?

- Todd

I wonder what the new name will be? I hope not simply"turbo coaster",I guess this means they'll finally either rename Hurler or just demolish that piece of firewood alltogether as well.Rumor has it that the location might be a possible site for Dominator in 2008,although my money's still on the parking lot.

Why would they rename Hurler? It's supposively themed as some movie, INSERT NAME HERE's World. I forget, but the name has nothing to do with it.

It's not "supposively" anything. Perhaps it was supposidly something but thats a different story. Yes it is/was themed to Wayne's World along with Carowings Hurler, hence all of the on set type equipment in the station. Secondly the park is not going to remove any ride just because it's rough. Just look at Son of Beast, Bu-Zing!! Seriously, unless the park is planning to replace the ride with something better, it's not going anywhere.

On a side note, speaking of Wayne's World, does anyone else remember when the waterfall part of the Paramount Story was themed to Wayne's World. For a while they even had the car from Wayne's World. I remember I was always disappointed that the car did not have the licorice dispenser like the car in the movie.

On a side note, speaking of Wayne's World, does anyone else remember when the waterfall part of the Paramount Story was themed to Wayne's World. For a while they even had the car from Wayne's World. I remember I was always disappointed that the car did not have the licorice dispenser like the car in the movie.

yeah, I remember the baby blue Pacer. Seemed like it had huge speakers which would blare out a certain riff from the Wayne's World theame ever 60 seconds or so... I pitied those that worked in the vicinity whom had to listen to it for a whole shift.

We rode IJST for the first time this past season (along with my son) and we really enjoyed it. Especially shooting UP the helix right out of the gate... as it were. Who cares if it is re-named?

From what I have read, KD is also trying to come up with a name for Dominator.

Yeah that's what I heard as well,looks like DZ will probably have to be re-named too & the fact that HS:XLC is staying another season rules out the rumor of Dominator going over there so it looks like it'll definitely become a parking lot coaster.

Something just clicked for me: mainly why KD is searching for a new name for GL's Dominator. Dominator happens to be the name of virtually every drop ride in the CF chain, and with them dropping the Paramount Themeing, Drop Zone is going to need a new name: Dominator.

Something just clicked for me: mainly why KD is searching for a new name for GL's Dominator. Dominator happens to be the name of virtually every drop ride in the CF chain, and with them dropping the Paramount Themeing, Drop Zone is going to need a new name: Dominator.

I thought of that myself but they can always rename DZ as Power Tower instead.

- Todd

I believe that besides the theming, IJST has no meaning. I thing they will rename all Paramount rides next year, and some rides will be removed. I wonder what they will call Top Gun. Thunder Road? It's almost name?