KD's Italian Job to change names in 2008

MIA is getting ThunderHawk. The wooden coaster at Dorney park is ThunderHawk. Batman Knightflight at GL was changed to Dominator, and at Dorney it's an S&S tower. Actually, I think it is probably a money savings to use names that they already own the rights to, instead of creating something new. ;)

I used to think The Beast was Paramount. Although i think there is a Paramount film from along time ago called Beast, Son of Beast, and Beastie ect.. but The Beast and Beastie were built way before Paramount, and SOB had nothing to do with Paramount, it was just a sequal of a great coaster.

I used to think The Beast was Paramount. Although i think there is a Paramount film from along time ago called Beast, Son of Beast, and Beastie ect.. but The Beast and Beastie were built way before Paramount, and SOB had nothing to do with Paramount, it was just a sequal of a great coaster.

Yeah & much like all sequels it failed miserably. I suppose Hurler can be renamed "SOG" or "Son Of Grizzly". :P

Except:

Grizzly at Kings Dominion. and Wild Beast (at Wonderland) were loosely modeled on The Coney Island Wildcat (of Ohio). As much at it pains me to say it, Grizzly at Great America of California was also supposedly loosely modelled after that same Wildcat. It is made of wood and has trains on it, but that's just about the only resemblance I can see. Sigh.

Mighty Canadian Minebuster was loosely modeled on Coney's Shooting Star.

So, they were coaster sequels, if you will.

Does anyone know how much changing of the names will actually affect the ride?? I am referring to TR:Firefall. The effects and the music make this ride not only enjoyable but also very enjoyable just to watch. I just wonder how much of it they will change. That just adds a flair to the Congo section, even though the Italian Job ruined the theming of that area. I just wonder if they will try and fit Dominator into the theming of that area, or will it become a part of International Street? I cannot express how much hopefulness I have the Hypersonic will stay around for one more season, I find that to be the best blast off experience I have ever done.

Does anyone know how much changing of the names will actually affect the ride?? I am referring to TR:Firefall. The effects and the music make this ride not only enjoyable but also very enjoyable just to watch. I just wonder how much of it they will change. That just adds a flair to the Congo section, even though the Italian Job ruined the theming of that area. I just wonder if they will try and fit Dominator into the theming of that area, or will it become a part of International Street? I cannot express how much hopefulness I have the Hypersonic will stay around for one more season, I find that to be the best blast off experience I have ever done.

I think all KD will do is simply change names on TR:FF,IJ:TC & Drop Zone but the theming on at least TR:FF will probably remain intact.Dominator will definitely become a part of international street,it certainly doesn't belong in kidzville that's for sure.

...not to mention The Fairly Odd Coaster was built as Scooby Doo.

Speaking of which, in front of The Beast sign is one of the "ride tombstones," which reads:

Ghoster Coaster

1972-2005

I racked my brain trying to figure this one out and all I could come up with was that it was a mistake and the park figured most guests were so ignorant that it wouldnt matter.

I thought maybe they somehow combined "Scooby Doo" in 1972 with the removal of Scooby Doo's ghoster coaster in 2005 but that still seems far fetched.

And that makes sense, since the Junior PTC's named Scooby Doo at Kings Dominion, Carowinds AND Wonderland are each Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster. Kind of hard to interpret the past when designing theming either sitting up in Sandusky or having come from there with little knowledge of Kings Island park history. That'd be my guess.