Coaster track rules

I was just reading a forum on CWMANIA and someone said "I can't wait to got to CW and skate the Behemoth track and take pics of us lying on it", first of all i know your not allowed to skate roller coaster track as a rail, but are people allowed to just go in the parking lot and touch the track? I remember seeing pics on this site of people standing by Firehawk track. But do you have to have permission, are you just allowed to go up to it,[it's not like anyone wil steal it unless they're the Incredible Hulk.]

The parks are private property and it often involves trespassing to get photos like what you are talking about. The first photos of the Firehawk track were from people who stopped in the public drop off area at KI and took the photos from there which should be fine. But walking up to the track could be considered a problem.

The photos of people standing next to the track were from a press day I believe.

The photos form last off season where everyone is taking pictures on and around the track was from the winter meet up the park held, people had permission to be around the track. I however, decided to stay inside where it was warm and there was food.

a man after my own heart.

And, had they decided to leave GL open for another season, Dominator and Thunderhawk were still moving away. I guess that would've left the Villain as the main attraction. At least I have a cool Villain hat as a souvie. And, two on-ride photos.

I guess that would've left the Villain as the main attraction.

Which still would have been fine.

For many years the main thrill draw for GL was: Double Loop, Corkscrew and Big Dipper.

But given the hole (how the park looked) that was left when X-Flight and Steel Venom were removed, now add in two more coasters, the park would look rather terrible.