Distasteful Joke At KI

art_star

I was at the Haunt last weekend and I saw something that IMO should not be in the park. On International Street, there is a shop on the left side (if your entering the park) that had a windo display of the grim reaper in an office with a coffee mug and all that stuff. Behind him was a board that said Deaths today or something of that nature. Owen Wilson's name was crossed off the list. I hope I am not the only one that found this joke rather distasteful. Any thoughts?

I was at the Haunt last weekend and I saw something that IMO should not be in the park. On International Street, there is a shop on the left side (if your entering the park) that had a windo display of the grim reaper in an office with a coffee mug and all that stuff. Behind him was a board that said Deaths today or something of that nature. Owen Wilson's name was crossed off the list. I hope I am not the only one that found this joke rather distasteful. Any thoughts?

Distasteful? Yes! Hilarious? Yes!

I hardly think Owen Wilson would find it funny. I am sure if you went through a mental breakdown, you wouldn't appreciate people laughing about it.

Nah, laughing at mental health issues and others misfortunes is what Haunt's is all about this year. <G>

I wonder why the girl from SFKK isn't on the list?

You must have missed the thread about the insults that get slung.

• Like 1

I hardly think Owen Wilson would find it funny. I am sure if you went through a mental breakdown, you wouldn't appreciate people laughing about it.

He might not, but hey this is Halloween! I always make fun of suicide at halloween!

(Note: Sarcasm)

• Like 1

Yeah I agree.. Usually I'm actually an avid fan of cruel and morbid humor, but this crosses the line a little bit... And I don't think it's too funny at all.

I think that's funny thanks for the pic as I got to see the list and on it is Mark Boyer which for those of you don't know is the director of games and merchandise and thus my boss...lol...I'm so going to pick on him now...lol thanks for the laughs

I dont see too much problem with it. I also don't buy the whole he is an actor and a human being so he shouldn't be selected like this. He chose the profession, knew the risks, made a personally and emotionally wreckless decision that would affect, himself, his family, his career, and his loyal fans. Everyone makes mistakes and we all have to live with them.

Besides, try laughter sometime, it feels so much better than sadness....well until your stomach hurts anyways!

I do find it disturbing that my man Ryan Seacrest is on the list, dude can't buy a break! But the Wiggles, eh, they can go!

I think it's a pretty funny joke.

KI did say that HH is for mature people only.

My guess would be, if you are that easily offended, a haunted house, or anything Halloweeny might be a bad idea.

My mind keeps flashing to a line in a movie called "A few good men". Tom Cruise ends up yelling at Demi Moore, "It doesn't matter what I know, All that matters is what I can PROVE"

I don't think anyone could PROVE that the list points at the actor Owen Wilson. There are probably hundreds or thousands of people in this country with that name. Same with all on that list,except for one maybe....

How many people could possibly be foolish enough to name their kid Paris????

Who be silly enough to sue over something like that anyways?

Or after a hotel for that matter? What did they do, just decide to name their daughter after their favorite hotel? I think I'm going to name my kid Orlando Howard Johnson...which actually doesn't sound too bad...

Back on to the topic, I knew what this was going to be about before I even opened it. Human behavior is pretty easy to predict, but I didn't know if the complaint was gonna be about the display as a whole or one particular part of it. Either way, I found it pretty funny. But then again, I have a sense of humor about things. And honestly it didn't even enter my mind why his name was crossed out, although I had heard of his attempted suicide. I think there might be a complete misinterpretation altogether of why the name is crossed out, it might not have anything to do with his attempted suicide--it would be pretty hard to prove, either way. If it was a succesful suicide, I doubt there would have been any reference to it.

Or after a hotel for that matter? What did they do, just decide to name their daughter after their favorite hotel? I think I'm going to name my kid Orlando Howard Johnson...which actually doesn't sound too bad...

Back on to the topic, I knew what this was going to be about before I even opened it. Human behavior is pretty easy to predict, but I didn't know if the complaint was gonna be about the display as a whole or one particular part of it. Either way, I found it pretty funny. But then again, I have a sense of humor about things. And honestly it didn't even enter my mind why his name was crossed out, although I had heard of his attempted suicide. I think there might be a complete misinterpretation altogether of why the name is crossed out, it might not have anything to do with his attempted suicide--it would be pretty hard to prove, either way. If it was a succesful suicide, I doubt there would have been any reference to it.

There seems to be a check mark if the person successfully died - ie - Povaratti is checked off.

I do not find anything halloweeny or mature about this joke. To put it in better terms (since Owen Wilson has a few brothers), imagine if you have a brother that just went through an emotional breakdownand attempted suicide, and a joke was made out of it in a public place. I don't even care that much for my brother, but that would be uncalled for in my book.

I do not find anything halloweeny or mature about this joke. To put it in better terms (since Owen Wilson has a few brothers), imagine if you have a brother that just went through an emotional breakdownand attempted suicide, and a joke was made out of it in a public place. I don't even care that much for my brother, but that would be uncalled for in my book.

Come on!

It's a knee slapper!

Real Live People Being Killed or Commiting Suicide is great fun!

It's darn right hillarious.

I think it's freaking funny!!! I give MAD PROPS to the ENT. dept. for doing this! We should get Chris Crocker in here and cry a little more for Britney Spears, we already members crying over Owen Wilson.

I think what they are poking fun of is the fact that is most, most likely, a stunt pulled by Wilson. If someone TRUELY wanted to die, they would! Obviously his career was in jeopardy because only about 20% of his movies are decent!

Vick's doghouse is gone? That stinks... I thought it was hilarious. Oh well, maybe they can put some child/kid skeletons with Micheal Jackson shirts and Thriller CD's!!!! LOL! -Hauntguy

Not all people are greedy money grubbers. Some people actually go through some emotional hardships. Halloween jokes are ok. Jokes that are obviously offensive are another. I doubt you would have found it so funny if they had soldiers in the Iraq war on the death list, even though they are just as real as Owen.