Distasteful Joke At KI

art_star

How many people could possibly be foolish enough to name their kid Paris????

"Or after a hotel for that matter? What did they do, just decide to name their daughter after their favorite hotel? I think I'm going to name my kid Orlando Howard Johnson...which actually doesn't sound too bad..."

You do realize that her family owns the hotel chain and used their family name for the business, right? :blink:

Well the Halloween Haunt is for MATURE AUIDENCES ONLY your getting a peice of matureness right there. I dont see that big of a problem with it but I can see how people who take everything seriously would get upset over this .. I laughed for a long time when I saw all of the different jokes around the park. Some people need to lighten up a bit and just breath.. ;)

As long as there is money in it, nothing is off limits. Remember, Halloween Haunt is for mature audiences only.

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

We warned you. Once all that is said, nothing is off limits.

Except, perhaps, repeat business.

There IS such a thing as too far, though many on this board seem not to think so. Of course many of those many have reasons to so think, from working at the park to not having enough emotional distance to see when mistakes in judgment could well be causing the park future business.

Silly me. We all know that the teen market and those drawn to these types of events are among the most sought demographics for any marketing team. The future of Kings Island is built on just the type of elite demographic groups that this event draws. High per capita spending and lengthy park stays will surely result, and no conduct problems of any kind are to be anticipated. After all, were this not true, there might be reasons to bar re-entry. The much sought after family demographic, with their high spending patterns and tendency to have longer park stays with undiscounted single day tickets will be thrilled that this type of presentation is occuring at the park where they take their youngsters. The many religious groups that patronize the park will also be zealous in spreading the good news of what's going on at their family theme park.

Reputations, good or bad, are earned....they can also be spent. Perhaps foolishly.

Guest kwindshawne
As long as there is money in it, nothing is off limits. Remember, Halloween Haunt is for mature audiences only.

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

There IS such a thing as too far, though many on this board seem not to think so. Of course many of those many have reasons to so think, from working at the park to not having enough emotional distance to see when mistakes in judgment could well be causing the park future business.

Silly me. We all know that the teen market and those drawn to these types of events are among the most sought demographics for any marketing team. The future of Kings Island is built on just the type of elite demographic groups that this event draws. High per capita spending and lengthy park stays will surely result, and no conduct problems of any kind are to be anticipated. After all, there if this were not true, there might even be reasons to bar re-entry. The much sought after family demographic, with their high spending patterns and tendency to have longer park stays with undiscounted single day tickets will be thrilled that this type of presentation is occuring at the park where they take their youngsters. The many religious groups that patronize the park will also be zealous in spreading the good news of what's going on at their family theme park.

Reputations, good or bad, are earned....they can also be spent. Perhaps foolishly.

I agree with your viewpoint 100%. I have never thought entertainment at anothers expense to ever be in good taste-basic human decency is a thing of the past. I guess we come from a more kind, decent era than what is happening now.

I agree with your viewpoint 100%. I have never thought entertainment at anothers expense to ever be in good taste-basic human decency is a thing of the past. I guess we come from a more kind, decent era than what is happening now.

I'm not certain that it's a more kind or decent era. I think that it is a difference in those that are and those that are not more respectful of others. Sensetivity and compasion are things that really should never be "out of style."

There IS such a thing as too far, though many on this board seem not to think so.

But you are making it out that in this instance the park is doing something with malicious intent. I don't see how the park is acting like that here. Perhaps with the Owen Wilson reference, or using the SoB trains, but not here.

If you really wanted to go even deeper, is it also in bad taste that there is a cemetary set up near the Eiffel Tower?

And since this same boat prop has been used before in the same way, it is quite obvious that not many other people thought about it as well, until now when it was brought up.

There IS such a thing as too far, though many on this board seem not to think so.

But you are making it out that in this instance the park is doing something with malicious intent. I don't see how the park is acting like that here. Perhaps with the Owen Wilson reference, or using the SoB trains, but not here.

If you really wanted to go even deeper, is it also in bad taste that there is a cemetary set up near the Eiffel Tower?

And since this same boat prop has been used before in the same way, it is quite obvious that not many other people thought about it as well, until now when it was brought up.

Exactly right, my point exactly!! Why do you think in any sense their intent was to malicious?? The point was to make the ENTIRE park seem haunted. They gave plenty of awareness of what was happening. If you cant take whats going on at Kings Island maybe you shouldnt got to any big haunted house either cause youll get just the same in return

You're right.

I think the park should paybe put a dummy on top of one of the tower's elevators. They could drip fake blood down the sides of the windows.

Remember, Nothing is Off Limits!

I think they should just cancel the entire HH altogether. There are way too many sensitive people in this world. Maybe you should all go to Camden Park and enjoy their "childlike" Halloween celebration since you obviously can't handle anything else.

You know, my grandfather died three years ago from a stroke. I used to make jokes about strokes and still do. It's not in bad humor. You have to laugh about life. Otherwise, we'd all be on anti-depressants.

^ I don't understand why?

He was referring to how stupid of an idea it would be to have a hanging prop of a dead body on the eifel tower due to the fact that a drunken guest was killed on the tower during one of the past grad nights.

KIBeast, sorry to hear about your grandfathers stroke of bad luck.

How many of the people responsible for the decorations of HH were employed with the park when Black Sunday happened? It's more likely that someone said "Hey, we have a boat to use as a prop. Now we need a body of water. Look, a pond." Unless they were personally connected to the incident or park fanatics like us, most people will not even remember what happened twenty years ago.

If they put the display up intentionally to mock the accident, then, yes, that would be in bad taste. I don't think that was the case, though. I think it was just a good spot to put a boat with some more skeleton theming.

I don't ever remember something like that happening on Grad Night.... Where's the articles, proof... anything? I need to see this. Also, since I don't remember of such a thing, then the GP DOES NOT remember! We are the ONLY people that think about KI daily... I think! -Hauntguy

I would say there is still a difference between joking about strokes, and joking about your grandfather having a stroke almost immediatly after the event happened.

I also love all the Halloween stuff. Sex appeal, gore, all that stuff. The more graphic and all that the better. but when it is about something REAL, especially a very recent real event, is when I think the line is crossed.