Distasteful Joke At KI

art_star

Has it been mentioned that about 5 feet from that boat are two skeletons dressed up as the skipper and Gilligan from Gilligan's Island? Did you happen to think they were just making a display for a show like the one from Wizard of Oz at the tower? Are the witch's legs under the house disturbing for someone? The park will NEVER make everyone happy. The GP does not remember or most don't even know about pond incident.....what would be more disturbing to me would be to be a Full Timer at the park and have headstones around the park with MY name on it! I think everyone is taking things way too seriously since the display in the lake has been there in one shape or another for 3-4 years. It's like the change of name from the Aslyum and Pyscho Path because it is offensive. Where does it stop? Should I be offened at the worksite if I am a construction worker and the park is making fun of dead people in a construction zone, when it has happened? If it is going to offend you DON'T GO OR CARE!

A couple of things on this topic:

#1 Who said that this years hh was going to be "politically correct?" Hell, I think that they shouldnt have moved Vick's doghouse because its funny. The grim reapers desk is hilarious if you look at the entire thing: *Note, on top of his DVD stack is a copy of High School Musical 2*. If you dont like it, then dont look at it. Simple as that. And if you want to be completely politically correct, run for office.

#2 In the eyes of publicists everywhere, bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. Just the fact that we are talking about Owen Wilson is probabily bringing up memories of Owen Wilson's movies to a few people, and they might go out and watch them. Anyway you look at it, we are still talking about Owen Wilson. So why would you sue someone for them giving you free (and funny, if not distasteful) publicity?

#3 I can attest from personal experience that after you have your mental breakdown, and you discuss it with the right people (psychologist), part of the healing process is to laugh. If you dont, you just mope about it and think you are a piece of (insert favorite 4 letter word that does not start with F here.)

Has it been mentioned that about 5 feet from that boat are two skeletons dressed up as the skipper and Gilligan from Gilligan's Island?

Were those there on opening weekend? If so I can't believe I missed them! Does anyone have a picture?

Not sure....they were there this weekend. Not all decorations were out the first weekend. Also, the report is that the dog house was moved to the trail because the GM thought it was funnier down there.

It would be kind of funny if they made a sign that said "when elevator door opens, make sure elevator is there" on the Eiffel Tower. Or signs around the park saying "no drinking and riding."

You know, there were reports when they did the attraction on the tower that they were looking into changing out two floor panels on the observation deck nearest the elevator with Plexi-glass.

It would be kind of funny if they made a sign that said "when elevator door opens, make sure elevator is there" on the Eiffel Tower. Or signs around the park saying "no drinking and riding."

You know, there were reports when they did the attraction on the tower that they were looking into changing out two floor panels on the observation deck nearest the elevator with Plexi-glass.

That was an actual idea floating around, but any change to the structure such as that would require the approval of the tower manufacturer, Intamin, who would not grant it.

The stuff that I have brought up (Owen Wilson and Vick) doesn't really bother me that much since I know that most of the GP are morons and appreciate this kind of NON-SCARY, NON-HALLOWEEN related stuff. I think they don't belong, but I can just make fun of the fact that it is there and leave it at that.

You guys do realize in Death Row

They Have 2 guys who portray:

OJ Simpson (who tells you he did it)

Mike Vick (and hes actually sayin all the dogs names)

A Girl Who Is Paris Hilton/Nicole Richie:

The Whole Grim Reaper Desk to me is HILARIOUS..

Theres "death lists" on the internet that has Lindsay Lohan At the top (dont remember the site) because of what shes done to herself.. Im surprised Britney Spears Name isnt on there..

People need to learn to take a JOKE

Its funny... Grow a sense of humor..

Or if you find it distasteful.. Then look the other way.. And plug your ears like you did when you where a kid

but what would I know :P

Im just a halloween person :o)

I live for this time of year :o)

I don't ever remember something like that happening on Grad Night.... Where's the articles, proof... anything? I need to see this. Also, since I don't remember of such a thing, then the GP DOES NOT remember! We are the ONLY people that think about KI daily... I think! -Hauntguy

Check the timeline and history pages here on www.KICentral.com, it did happen. So you represent the GP now?

i just don't see how celebrity jokes relate to halloween.

It doesn't.

But neither does blood, gore, Jason, Freddy (see IoA), Michael Myers, corn mazes, pumpkins etc.

The holiday has just evolved into what it is today because people enjoy it, just like so many other holidays. Funny how it has become the 2nd most popular holiday. How did Santa Claus ever become part of Christmas? Or the Easter Bunny become part of Easter. Or why did Valentines Day derive from St. Valentine?

They have all evolved into what they are today because people enjoy it more this way.

BTW, Saturday is Sweetest Day, the traditional "Lets give more money to Hallmark day."

;)

Guest TombraiderTy

Yeah, if you find it offensive, don't go! And on another note, about not going, does anyone besides me think there should be an age limit? I find it really annoying when parents have kids, especially kids in strollers. They block the pathway more, make the scareactors less scary when traveling in the same group, and just get on your nerves. Anyone else agree?

Has as much to do with Halloween as it would to Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc.

About as much as Christmas has to do with Halloween. But that section on Coney Maul was my favorite part of the display last year. I had to go by twice before I realized what I was looking at.

Has as much to do with Halloween as it would to Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc.

About as much as Christmas has to do with Halloween. But that section on Coney Maul was my favorite part of the display last year. I had to go by twice before I realized what I was looking at.

I agree, but people unfortunately didn't 'get it'. It was supposed to be a meet and greet area where you could stop by and enjoy it at will. Unfortunately, it didn't go over so well. If you actually spent time in that area and interacted with the characters, it was really creepy. I remember one time Santa started going off on me because I never appreciated the things I got for Christmas as a child. Plus you can't beat the fake snow and the Christmas music played backwards. It was absolutely brilliant and no one gave it the time of day.

Ok, Im going to cancel Halloween. This is incredible.

If you cannot laugh at current events from all angles, and you KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SEE IT the DONT GO! End of story.

Finally someone with some sense around here

Lol and that kegger was HILARIOUS!!! LMAO .. my friend and I had to get a picture with it, hopefully he will send it to me soon so I can post it lol ;)

I agree, but people unfortunately didn't 'get it'. It was supposed to be a meet and greet area where you could stop by and enjoy it at will. Unfortunately, it didn't go over so well. If you actually spent time in that area and interacted with the characters, it was really creepy. I remember one time Santa started going off on me because I never appreciated the things I got for Christmas as a child. Plus you can't beat the fake snow and the Christmas music played backwards. It was absolutely brilliant and no one gave it the time of day.

It was so brilliant that no one gave it the time of day?

Guest kwindshawne

I didn't understand the fuss on that one. I thought it was kinda unique. Some kid jumped out at me last year and asked me something..can't remember now what it was...but I was caught off guard and was speechless...