Distasteful Joke At KI

art_star

Can we all agree to disagree. I think KI has done a great job with everything. Some parts may be to much for some but not enough for others but it is all done in the name of fun. My wife thought Club Blood was to Gore for her but I thought it was great. I would also like to see an age limit but it would be hard to police.

KIBeast, sorry to hear about your grandfathers stroke of bad luck.

Yeah, different strokes for different Grand Folks.

.... Nothing is off limits. <G>

:lol: Too funny!

Yes, it was a very tragic event. No, I didn't joke about it for about a week or two. Then, things were back to "abnormal".

I have not commented on this thread...but in order to lighten the mood let me just say that none of the listed displays are the one that offended me the most. On the opening weekend of Halloween Haunt I was disturbed to see what appeared to be members of the KI staff parading Patrick Star's body through Nick Universe in not one, but two "body bags"...obviously he had been dismembered!

29110393777.jpg

With the picture of Patrick in the background it's almost like a memorial service.

I have not commented on this thread...but in order to lighten the mood let me just say that none of the listed displays are the one that offended me the most. On the opening weekend of Halloween Haunt I was disturbed to see what appeared to be members of the KI staff parading Patrick Star's body through Nick Universe in not one, but two "body bags"...obviously he had been dismembered!

29110393777.jpg

With the picture of Patrick in the background it's almost like a memorial service.

hahahaha. That is disturbing.

For those that think Holiday Horror was somehow 'offensive' to people and 'degrading' to the little ones (that shouldn't even be there to begin with), then take a look at Universal's take on a Christmas-themed haunted house entitled Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays:

^Video preview of maze from official Halloween Horror Nights website.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/holiday.html

^Neat interactive preview of backstory for the attraction from the official website.

Basically, en route from Shadybrook Mental Asylum a hospital van overturns and crashes into a house in the middle of a quaint little neighborhood called Shadybrook. Of course, some of the deadliest and most insane criminals known to man were in the van, and are now on the loose in the neighborhood, turning this once Silent Night into a Psychotic Night for several residents.

....so, um, yeah, the people here that keep complaining about OUR Haunt being too mature or making 'distasteful' jokes clearly haven't been to or researched what Knott's Berry Farm or Universal Studios has done with their Halloween events. Particularly when it comes to making fun of celebrities, as shown through the cult shows like Knott's The Hanging and Uni's Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure.

29110393777.jpg

no sh*t sherlock... thats how they get them through the park

so it dosnt ruin kids fantasy of them being real... if he was together..in a "body bag" hed be harder to get through...

i speak from expeience(sp?)

off to get into costume i go for HH

so it dosnt ruin kids fantasy of them being real... if he was together..in a "body bag" hed be harder to get through...

OK Tassels, lighten up a little... you're not in character yet. ;) He started off by saying "To lighten the mood..." His comments were meant as a joke. :)

29110393777.jpg

Someone needs a Midol.

Calm Down! Jeeze! ^_^

Before you know it, The teens that died in columbine high school shooting and VT shooting will be on the list.

That could be cool to do a Virginia Tech Haunt. They could do both a dorm room and a class room and put some dead co-eds laying around. They could have an Asian Guy in some chamo's running around with a gun.

I think I'm getting the idea!

Since you mentioned Columbine....Seems Paramount Parks started a shoot-em-up gangsters show that involved the water tower and Stuntman's Grill. The gangsters would actually enter the grill with tommy guns a blazin. A couple of weeks after Columbine, and after MANY, MANY adverse reactions by parents with little kids in tow, it happened. A Columbine victim's surviving parent visited the park. The show was no more.

At least THAT company understood when it crossed the line.

29110393777.jpg

Wow, I've seen people in the rides dept. say for less stupid things and lose their jobs the next time they came into work and into our office, im surprised you still have yours with how stupid you act on here, im sure the park appreciates someone openly representing themselves as an employee of a business they take good pride in, and you come on here and give the good employees a trashy name.

It's funny that now you are trying to point out the differences between PP and CF.

Lets not forget that this same prop has been used in the same place before CF ever took over.

Lets also not forget that CF also changed a name of a major thrill attraction because they thought it might be offensive to women.

If you have an axe to grind, so be it. But let's be honest about everything.

IMG_9792.jpg

this?

YES!

Since I am a former alcoholic I find the keg stand display very distasteful! I want KI to remove it immediately or I will never spend another dime in their parks again! Seeing this display almost made me relapse and start drinking again. The memories of sweet, sweet Budweiser on tap came flooding....back....into ......my......(in my best Homer Simpson voice)..mmmmmm....beer....

In all seriousness, if ya don't like something don't go or don't look, it's really that simple. What you find offensive may not be offensive to others and what others think is offensive you may think is perfectly fine. Point is, everyone is different. There are plenty of things for everyone to do at HH this year. If you don't like one area just go to another, or go watch a show, or go ride some rides.

I can't believe they wacked Patrick either! Nooooooooo!!!!!

Guest TombraiderTy

Lets also not forget that CF also changed a name of a major thrill attraction because they thought it might be offensive to women.

What ride was this?

Guest TombraiderTy

:lol:

That is very interesting. Although I can imagine a cool looking logo... and it would be a cool floorless coaster painted black and violet... saying another park ever got one with the same name...

Since I am a former alcoholic I find the keg stand display very distasteful! I want KI to remove it immediately or I will never spend another dime in their parks again! Seeing this display almost made me relapse and start drinking again. The memories of sweet, sweet Budweiser on tap came flooding....back....into ......my......(in my best Homer Simpson voice)..mmmmmm....beer....

In all seriousness, if ya don't like something don't go or don't look, it's really that simple. What you find offensive may not be offensive to others and what others think is offensive you may think is perfectly fine. Point is, everyone is different. There are plenty of things for everyone to do at HH this year. If you don't like one area just go to another, or go watch a show, or go ride some rides.

Alcoloisim is a disease. If you're once an alcoholic you're always an alcoholic. (Just a recovering alcoholic.) Continue to work your 10 step program and you'll be fine.

Alcoloisim is a disease. If you're once an alcoholic you're always an alcoholic. (Just a recovering alcoholic.) Continue to work your 10 step program and you'll be fine.

Umm...I hope you know my post was a joke. Although I was an alcoholic (haven't had a drink in over 10 years now) I was just pointing out how ridiculous people can get with being offended by just about anything.