Past Ki Ride Locations

raptor

Yep. Kings Island had a skyride, which contributed greatly to the skyline of the park. And Zodiac was a great deal of fun. Kings Island badly needs a Ferris Wheel. A nice, big one! Preferably Vekoma, NOT a Chance, as Chance now recommends that single riders not be allowed, and manufacturer recommendations must be followed in Ohio in order for a ride to be licensed to operate.

Flying Carpets/Scrappy's Slide is sitting in the old Lesordesville (Sp?) Lake park near Monroe Ohio. As we all know, Flying Eagles is at Carowinds, and, the old monorails from the Lion Counry Safari are at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, Ohio.

Unfortunately, the location of my namesake is presently unknown....LOL!!!!!

I am guessing a late 80's car...since it was scrapped.

I know the Flying Dutchman is at Kentucky kingdom

I don't remember seeing it there! I wish I had, I definitely would have ridden that for old time's sake. But, I had my second worst experience ever at a park at KK, and I swore I would never go back. (The worst experience was at LaSourdesville Lake).

Zodiac was indeed fun! It used to really scare me. It's kinda funny. I can take a coaster that goes 400ft. in the air, but I can't stand skyline type rides or ferris wheels. They just freak me out.

Zodiac always scared me too, but in a good way! I was always convinced that one of those chains holding us to the arm was going to break. Any sort of ferris wheel, zipper, skyride, etc. I always get nervous on. I have to sit absolutly still on them so they don't swing back and forth, but I ride them anyway for the thrill. But give me any coaster, DZ, TR:TR or Delirium type rides and I'm good to go!

Zodiac was truly an amazing ride. I usually dislike ferris wheels but this one was really special.

Skyride was great little trip across the park and it really did add to the parks skyline.

But you couldn't eat chili on the skyride...

Hey, I remember when they took the skyride out and made the station in Oktoberfest a Wine and Cheese Restaurant. Isn't that close?

I know the Flying Dutchman is at Kentucky kingdom

I don't remember seeing it there! I wish I had, I definitely would have ridden that for old time's sake. But, I had my second worst experience ever at a park at KK, and I swore I would never go back. (The worst experience was at LaSourdesville Lake).

What was your bad experience at LL?

There are still two remnants of the sky ride left at Kings Island. The Nickelodeon Store in Nick Universe used to be one of the two stations. Also, over by Lt. Dan`s behind Bubba Gump`s, there is an old row boat covering up what used to be one of the footings for one of the towers for the ride.