Historical Photos added to the Coney Photo Gallery

CoastersRZ

Coney Island Central now has eight historical pictures from Coney Island from 1971. A big thank you goes out to Raptor for providing the pictures!

Coney Island Historical Photos

If anyone has pictures from Coney in its heyday and are willing to contribute them to the site, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy the update to the site.

Robbie

And, the trees that are in the circle between the Zephyr and the Obey the Net basketball game in Coney Mall are in fact Ginko trees, although they are not pruned like the push up pops anymore. Also, at Coney, there are several trees in a two lines in front of Moonlite Gardens that are also Ginko trees which are no longer pruned in that meticulous manner.

Yes. That wooden coaster was the Shooting Star. The stage for Riverbend is located off to the right of the turnaround. The Riverbend property comes out to about where the building is on the right side of the picture, if not beyond that (out of range of the picture).

In the late 70's there was a really good haunted house in that building. The one I remember was sponsored by WEBN, and had a wall in a hall way that moved with a light on it. They would blow a train whistle and turn on the light, very impressive set up. My eyes are moist from the picture of the Shooting star, I have missed her so.