Dominator Track ON SIGHT at Kings Dominion

For those few who still think Dominator might end up at Kings Island, Dominator track is now on site at Kings Dominion. At least two trucks have made deliveries to date. As with X-Flight at Kings Island last off season, the track is currently being stored in Kings Dominion's parking lot.

Yes, one should probably say on site, but it's on sight, too. You can see it!

Well... not too disappointing when most of us have said that it wasn't coming to KI. Great for KD!

I would rather let them have Dominator so we can get something better than that in the future. Also, I think I were KD that I would keep the name Dominator since it relates so well to Dominion.

Not to mention the area that looks like the old Coney Island midway still does, and even has the gingko trees still trimmed like ice cream Push-Ups.

That being said, other than Volcano: The Blast Coaster, I vastly prefer Kings Island to Kings Dominion. When in the Doswell area, I usually ride Volcano then find myself heading over to Williamsburg. Even though I much prefer Busch Gardens Africa to BGE, I still find myself in Williamsburg.

And oh, yeah...I vastly prefer either Medusa in the USA to Dominator. I like the one out west even better than the one in New Jersey.

And the Flying Scooters at KD are greatly inferior to the ones that were at KI and are now at Carowinds.

Stay tuned...there are doubtless more announcements to come.

Well I guess short of an official announcement that pretty much settles it as to where the ride is going.KD has been in desperate need of a coaster like this for quite a while seeing as the last few they've added have been a little on the short side & with the attendance t he park generates the lines are sure to be long on this one for quite a while.

Maybe KD is just the staging site before they move it to another park... :rolleyes:

Anyways I'm happy for Kings Dominion they needed it. And as for it being a nice fit for Kings Island, I'd rather have a new, built for Kings Island B & M, rather than another used roller coaster.

I think the next roller coaster we get needs to be long and have a custom layout, and not one built in the parking lot as Dominator is being predicted to at KD (if that's true, the track will be staying in the parking a lot longer than X-Flight/Firehawk's track did ;) ). We haven't gotten a roller coaster like that since Son of Beast.

Maybe KD is just the staging site before they move it to another park... :rolleyes:

Anyways I'm happy for Kings Dominion they needed it. And as for it being a nice fit for Kings Island, I'd rather have a new, built for Kings Island B & M, rather than another used roller coaster.

I think the next roller coaster we get needs to be long and have a custom layout, and not one built in the parking lot as Dominator is being predicted to at KD (if that's true, the track will be staying in the parking a lot longer than X-Flight/Firehawk's track did ;) ). We haven't gotten a roller coaster like that since Son of Beast.

I've heard from a good an reliable source that KD's parking lot is just a staging ground. They're actually moving it to MiA. :rolleyes:

Shades of x-Flight....

I think the next roller coaster we get needs to be long and have a custom layout, and not one built in the parking lot as Dominator is being predicted to at KD (if that's true, the track will be staying in the parking a lot longer than X-Flight/Firehawk's track did ;) ).

X-Flight spent six seasons in a parking lot...

And given the ride rotation rumors and what I've seen so far, I wouldn't bet my life that Dominator will be at Kings Dominion longer than that. It PROBABLY will be, but then again it may not. Who ever thought X-Flight would end up at Kings Island? Or Superman: Ultimate Escape at Dorney Park as Voodoo? Anyone who says they thought that both would is most probably a liar! :)

I think the next roller coaster we get needs to be long and have a custom layout, and not one built in the parking lot as Dominator is being predicted to at KD (if that's true, the track will be staying in the parking a lot longer than X-Flight/Firehawk's track did ;) ).

X-Flight spent six seasons in a parking lot...

And given the ride rotation rumors and what I've seen so far, I wouldn't bet my life that Dominator will be at Kings Dominion longer than that. It PROBABLY will be, but then again it may not. Who ever thought X-Flight would end up at Kings Island? Or Superman: Ultimate Escape at Dorney Park as Voodoo? Anyone who says they thought that both would is most probably a liar! :)

http://www.coastergallery.com/2005/MM51.html

That was Six Flags, as you could guess. Cedar Fair is better than that!