Jacket Pick-up Dates changed

PKIVortex

At first they said the season pass jackets would be available to pick up the last week of October, well now they changed the date. This is what it says on the season pass page at pki.com now. Limit one complimentary jacket per 2008 Season Pass purchased between September 7, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets will be available for pick-up at the park from 10am - 4pm between November 5, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets not claimed before 11/11/07 may be picked up at the park in April of 2008. Sizes range from Youth Large to XXXL and will be available on a first come, first serve basis. For additional information call 1-800-952-PASS.

That is completely not fair for those of us who live like over an hour away. I was going to pick my jacket up Sunday when I was on my way back home from my last visit of the year. Is there any way we can have our jackets mailed? I don't care if it's postage due. I just don't want to spend $40 in gas just so I can get my jacket guaranteed. There's no guarantee there'll be jackets in my size when I go back next season.

I'm bummed about this too. I was going to get mine on the 31st. Cedar Point on there blog said they had there jackets in already. So I don't understand why they don't have them at KI. I also don't want to drive 102 miles round trip to the park just to pick up a jacket. And I agree, I'm afraid if I wait till April of 08 they may not have anymore in my size. Well we'll see I guess. I guess I can find another excuse to go up that way that week.

That is completely not fair for those of us who live like over an hour away. I was going to pick my jacket up Sunday when I was on my way back home from my last visit of the year. Is there any way we can have our jackets mailed? I don't care if it's postage due. I just don't want to spend $40 in gas just so I can get my jacket guaranteed. There's no guarantee there'll be jackets in my size when I go back next season.

I'm with ya I'm a hour away too. I'm calling them today and give them hell!

The reasoning, although it still sucks for those planning to get their jacket this year, could be as easy as:

There are just not enough jackets made yet, so the decision was made to supply CP with jackets since it is a destination park and most who enjoy it will be driving from at least 1 to 2 hours away.

Now at KI, many of the season pass holders live within one hour and will have more opportunities in '07 and the beginning of the '08 season to get their jacket.

EDIT:

I have gone back to look at some past press releases and I cannot find any information that states the exact dates for the jackets to be given out. Are you sure that the dates changed?

I have my Cedar Fair VIP Jacket Voucher in my hand and it says...

Jackets will be Available for pickup from 10am - 4pm Sunday October 28 thru Sunday November 11, 2007.

I did call KI today, and as always there clueless.

I don't know about you all but between this, talk about changing The Beast trains with Villians junk and the closing of GL has left a real bad taste in my mouth from this Cedar Fair Experince.

Jackets will be Available for pickup from 10am - 4pm Sunday October 28 thru Sunday November 11, 2007.

I don't know about you all but between this, talk about changing The Beast trains with Villians junk and the closing of GL has left a real bad taste in my mouth from this Cedar Fair Experince.

How did you get your jacket voucher? My sister paid for our Platinum passes, and she said she just has the receipt, not a voucher.

You should have received a voucher when you got the ticket to process your pass. I got my 2008 gold season pass this past Sunday. I got a new picture taken, but had I could have simply used my old picture. Also, there was a slight change to how the processing was handled. In years past, everyone filled out paper work, including if you were renewing your passes. This year, if you were renewing, you do not have to fill out the paperwork (as that is all on file with your picture). You only have to fill out the paper work if you are a new pass holder.

Darn it! I was so looking forward to getting my free jacket this Sunday!

http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/shop...season_pass.cfm

"Limit one complimentary jacket per 2008 Season Pass purchased between September 7, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets will be available for pick-up at the park from 10am - 4pm between November 5, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets not claimed before 11/11/07 may be picked up at the park in April of 2008. Sizes range from Youth Large to XXXL and will be available on a first come, first serve basis. For additional information call 1-800-952-PASS."

Now I have to make a special trip to KI for my jacket - and I'll be out of town during the weekend of 11/5. :(

Glad I read this board. Did not hear the date had changed and we JUST bought our tickets on Sunday. So now they make people make a special trip for a not so special jacket. Also, We did NOT get a voucher either. So do you need one or not. The girl helping us out was not very informative. Also does the free parking go for all the parks or just KI?

I don't know my sister ordered and paid for them. She didn't see anything about getting the jacket in the mail. All they sent her was a receipt.

edit: I have the receipt, so I wonder if I could process her 2008 pass also, since we don't have to take new pictures. We have the maxx pass for this year.

I'm not sure what you mean by receipt. You should have a paper with a barcode on it, which you would take to the SP building to have your pass processed. Your "receipt" should have instructions on it, or at least tell you what you need to do to get your pass.

When I was asking about delivery options, I meant for the season pass, not the jacket. The jacket is only available for pickup at the park.

ya I remember the paper with the bar code on it from last year. She didn't mention receiving that. She sent me the email of this "receipt". She said this is all she received.

Edit: nevermind she just sent me the adobe attachment i need to print off that has the bar codes on it. So I can pick up Jackets on Sunday for sure then?

ya I remember the paper with the bar code on it from last year. She didn't mention receiving that. She sent me the email of this "receipt". She said this is all she received.

Edit: nevermind she just sent me the adobe attachment i need to print off that has the bar codes on it. So I can pick up Jackets on Sunday for sure then?

Uh, no.

That was the PURPOSE of this entire thread. That's changed. To quote the first post in the thead:

...Jackets will be available for pick-up at the park from 10am - 4pm between November 5, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets not claimed before 11/11/07 may be picked up at the park in April of 2008....

Uh, no.

That was the PURPOSE of this entire thread. That's changed. To quote the first post in the thead:

...Jackets will be available for pick-up at the park from 10am - 4pm between November 5, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets not claimed before 11/11/07 may be picked up at the park in April of 2008....

Ok I was thinking we could because of this post...

I don't know about you all but between this, talk about changing The Beast trains with Villians junk and the closing of GL has left a real bad taste in my mouth from this Cedar Fair

I don't know about you all but between this, talk about changing The Beast trains with Villians junk and the closing of GL has left a real bad taste in my mouth from this Cedar Fair

Again, Cedar Fair is in a transitional period so there is a lot of guess and test going on. The jacket thing is likely something that's out of Cedar Fair's hands. I'm sure they'd want nothing more than to get you your jacket at your convenience.

Trust me, Cedar Fair has some big big big plans for the future. Just you wait.

So you are upset with CF for when you get your free $39.95 jacket as well as a possible ride change that so far is just a rumor?

The closing of GL, well I guess I could see why you might be upset with CF for that, but you probably should also blame the people that did not go to the park. Or is CF responsible for that as well?

Blame CF for the high food prices. That is certainly something that they can control. As far as closing GL: CF is in the business of making money. If GL was not making any, why keep it open?

And if there are new trains for Beast next year:

Sure, I am discouraged by that as well, mainly because of the lower capacity. But let's wait for a few things before a bad taste sets in:

1) There has been no announcement yet. For that matter, has it been confirmed that the trains are even on KI property? And don't show me pictures that has woods as a backdrop.

2) If the trains are put on, it may be possible that additional cars have already been ordered so capacity does not decrease.

3) Perhaps the new trains will give a better ride.

Just some things to think about.

Again, Cedar Fair is in a transitional period so there is a lot of guess and test going on. The jacket thing is likely something that's out of Cedar Fair's hands. I'm sure they'd want nothing more than to get you your jacket at your convenience.

Trust me, Cedar Fair has some big big big plans for the future. Just you wait.

I know I shouldn't believe in the rumours but past history has been proving many rumours true, it was only last year when the rumour mill was about X-flight coming to KI. There was rumours about the G-trains now on SOB. Rumours about GL closing long before it did. The offical word always tends to be a day late and a dollar short! I know offically everyone hands are tied but it is kinda funny how rumours turn to truth.

As far as G-trains being on The Beast, it is possible that they might smooth that ride out a bit, but I like it the way it is, it's my favorite woodie, and to me it should be left alone.

For as many rumors that have come true, there are at least 10 that have not come true.

Magnum has been sinking for how many years now?

Vortex is sinking as well.

Vortex is being taken out.

Top Gun is being taken out.

TTD is coming to KI.

CF is closing KI and moving all the ride to CP.

Phantom Theatre is coming back. And whoever started that rumor even put forth the effort to make a video and post it on You Tube.

And there are SO many more.

Point being, believe it when it's announced. Speculation can be fun, just don't take it serious.