Great America: New name and ride

Great America has announced that they will be changing their name for next season. Their new name will be California's Great America. Along with the name change comes a new ride for 2008, as they will be adding a HUSS TopSpin, named Firefall.

Bigger news though, will be a new for 2009, CGI-built wood coaster, with a lift height of 104ft, and top speed of 52mph.

They will also be adding Halloween Haunt for next season, and an Ice Skating show in the "Great America Theatre".

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....90503&EDATE

• Like 1

Wow sounds really cool. I wonder if 2008 will be The Grizzly's last year? Or the new woody will be built else wear.

I'm assuming the Great America Theater was formally the Paramount Theater? I wonder if ours will be renamed to the Kings Island Theater?

Kinda cool that they announced the 2009 attraction already as well.

Now when is Kings Island going to spill the beans on 2008?

Okay so out of the old 5 Paramount Parks Kings Island and Carowinds are the only ones left that have not said anything about 2008.

I would not mind seeing another wooden coaster at Kings Island if it Replaced SOB, but I think that Kings Island will get a steel coaster in the future.