Tallest Gyro Drop?

Neon

It may be the tallest -gyro drop- ...but I will be riding the tallest Terra-Drop. Giant Drop at Dreamworld in Brisbane, Australia. It's about 400ft tall. It will be THE highlight of my life.

KI "about 85 more days until I leave!" Man

Speaking of Drop Zone...

Anyone know why the seats were not rotating this weekend? Is this a new development or has this been the case since it opened after the SFKK incident?

It actually did rotate after it reopened. However it hasn't been rotating for several month's now. My guess is the device that makes it spin is broken. Lets see if it's starts working again when the park reopens in 2008.

Thanks, I hope they get it working again. I haven't paid much attention to it this year because I started the season on the heavy side, and while I have lost a significant amount of weight, I was still unsure I would fit on the thing. Without a test seat, and its usual significant line (which I wouldnt want to wait in if I was unsure I could ride) I didn't try it, until Friday night. Seeing as it was a litteral walk on, I chanced it and rode it again for the first time in 4+ years, missed the rotating action, but since I was facing directly towards the Eiffel Tower it worked out well for me. Loved looking down and the mass of demonic fog leaking out of the midways :). Defiantly the best bit of fog work Ive seen at an amusement park, it made The Racer, Adventure Express, Drop Zone and SOB that much of a better ride.

Now if they would only spring for some fog machines on The Beast's footprint....

To tell you the truth, in 08 why don't they build on to DZ and have it spinning again. I say makeing it the tallest in the world, out of all the drop rides. i say 525ft should be fun :)

How about they cut the Drop Zones of the other "Paramount Parks" and put them on top of KI's Drop Zone? And I said Paramount Parks because the other Cedar parks wouldn't do it and I don't know if they even have gyro drops.

But that would never happen.

And our Drop Zone should drop at a higher height, but no, it's all because of this:

fdfyts.jpg

What the heck is a checker board doing at the top of drop zone? Checker boards do not belong at the top of gyro drops, especially on the tallest gyro drop.

How come KD's drop zone drops at a higher height and ours is taller? It doesn't make sence!

How about they cut the Drop Zones of the other "Paramount Parks" and put them on top of KI's Drop Zone? And I said Paramount Parks because the other Cedar parks wouldn't do it and I don't know if they even have gyro drops.

But that would never happen.

And our Drop Zone should drop at a higher height, but no, it's all because of this:

fdfyts.jpg

What the heck is a checker board doing at the top of drop zone? Checker boards do not belong at the top of gyro drops, especially on the tallest gyro drop.

How come KD's drop zone drops at a higher height and ours is taller? It doesn't make sence!

That would be the area surrounding the lift motor(s)? I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not I'm not sure, lol.

^ 377ft and its not all that good. Its rather freaky most people say. When your going up, you shake sooo much because of the coaster going up the tower. Its more scary then thrilling.

That's your opinion.

And Interp, theme parks are one of the greatest things in my life and my favorite thing to do when I have free time. So riding the tallest drop ride will deffinately be one of the coolest things I get to do.

Drop Zone has been dropping from the same spot since it opened. I would like to know where people get this info. Also, I have been on Giant Drop at Dreamworld. It is a magnificent ride, it does shake some when the coaster is running but not that bad. I would recommend it to any one that likes Drop Zone. One last thing, I would hate to hear all of the commotion if they took out Drop Zone and put in some thing else. It is one of the better drop rides in the country, that goes for the ride and the reliability.