Six Flags Great America removing Deja' Vu

Park News - (10/29/07) From what I’ve been told at the end of the last day of the season, it was confirmed to coaster enthusiasts taking the last rides on Déjà Vu that the ride was being removed this winter. A sign was also placed on the operator booth window saying, Our Beloved Vekoma Masterpiece. October 7th, 2001 – October 28th,

That leaves one Deja' Vu.. i think that Deja' Vu will be removed at SFMM.

The only reason I think the one at SFMM will not be coming down is for some reason, they have a problem removing coasters that aren't working. How long has it been for Flashback now? Of course, they still use FB in their coaster count, which is bogus considering how long it's been SBNO.

Stay tuned...under the new Six Flags, a ride is either reliable and operates virtually every day of the season, or it is gone. It also does not cost an unreasonable amount of time, labor and expense to maintain, or it is gone.

Read into that what you will.

--The Interpreter, who has ridden all three Deja Vus, and will miss those no longer with us. . .

Seeing as SFGAm is my new home park (I moved to Chicago this summer), I SHOULD be upset about this. But I'm not. Why, you ask? Not because it was never running. Rather when it WAS finally running, I realized that I'm too tall to ride at 6'6". >: (

Design your restraints better, Vekoma!

What a horrible loss for the modern art world, Deja Vu was and amazing study of whimsy and conveying movement.

SFGAm is my former home park, and the Vu was a POS that was never open. My friends, family and I took to calling it the most expensive piece of modern art ever commissioned. RIP SFGAm and SFOG's Deja Vu, Ive ridden you both and think you aren't much different or better then your smaller cousins, I will not miss you.

I haven't been to SFGreat America since like 1994. I don't miss it at all. It used to be the closest park growing up in SB. I'm glad that I live in Indy now because KI is only 2 hours from where I live. It's way better than SFGA.

Seeing as SFGAm is my new home park (I moved to Chicago this summer), I SHOULD be upset about this. But I'm not. Why, you ask? Not because it was never running. Rather when it WAS finally running, I realized that I'm too tall to ride at 6'6". >: (

Design your restraints better, Vekoma!

I don't think the height restrictions on Vu were dictated by the restraints but instead were determined by the structural design....foot choppers anyone?

Don't forget,the SLC's,Invertigo's & flying dutchman all have an 80 inch maximum height restriction....I swear why does vekoma seem to just adore the 80 inch number as a cut off for safe rider height on their products?

My cousin's live in Atlanta so they have all been there alot plus they have season passes... out of everytime the have been there they have only ridden it once, ive' been to SFOG twice and it was open one of the days i went and i waited 45 minutes for it... i loved it. I wander if my cousins will miss it? I do.

Stay tuned...under the new Six Flags, a ride is either reliable and operates virtually every day of the season, or it is gone. It also does not cost an unreasonable amount of time, labor and expense to maintain, or it is gone.

Read into that what you will.

--The Interpreter, who has ridden all three Deja Vus, and will miss those no longer with us. . .

what about Kingda Ka then, It's pretty unreliable and I heard it cost a lot to run also.

SFGAm is my home park, and I have mixed feelings about Deja Vu's removal.

Since I live in Wisconsin, I usually only get to SFGAm about 4 times a year. Since 2001, I've only ridden DV three times. Most of my visits, the ride was closed, only to remain that way the entire day. A few other times, it was running, but with three hour waits. For these reasons, I will not miss Deja Vu, just because of the frustration of it never being open. As far as I'm concerned, I'd take Face/Off over Deja Vu anyday. For some reason, I found F/O to be much more intense than DV's long, large, and boring elements.

However, I will miss this ride, as it is sad when any roller coaster is removed. Having only ridden it three times, I didn't get to experience the front or back rows of the train, which could very well have changed my view on this ride.

i went to SFGAm this past saturday and i saw that it was operating (hadn't been either of the other 2 times i'd gone) so i made my bro get in the hour long line with me and wait. i told him i'd heard rumors that the ride might be removed at the end of the year so i wanted to get my credit in. i joked with him that the ride breaks down about once an hour (no clue how true that is or not) but it broke down while we were in line..lol just for a few minutes though. i got to ride it finally after waiting all of those years. glad i did when i had the chance since the next day was it's last.