With KI closed, what will you do until it re-opens in April?

italianchef

Guest faceoff

I will work my two jobs(radio station and deliver newspapers). I also will attend movies. Then

when Kings Island post their 2008 calendar, i will make hotel reservations for trip's to the park.

When Cedar Point post their calendar, i will reserve my room at Cedar Point resort's.

"Real Pirates" is at the Cinci Museum Center....... I will take my children to that, then just indoor activities, homework, get them through school and try to keep them away from the tv and video games. I will miss the "no distraction" time I spent with them this season at KI!!!

Its not long before it won't be cool for them to hang out with Dad anymore.........

I'm always keeping busy!!

I'll probably do what I've done for the past year or two and switch from Kings Island mode to hockey mode now. I volunteer for the local Jr. 'A' team, which is something I really enjoy doing.

Of course, clicking out of KI mode isn't something I can ever really do 100% since a lot of my time during the offseason is spent in communication with the park. KIC requires a bit of long term planning. But hey -- in the past I've gotten to visit the park several times during the offseason, which is always interesting.

Well lets see:

College Football: Now through January

NFL Football: Now through February

Holiday Season: Now through Jan 1st

Hawaii Trip: Dec 16-24

Bowl Game Trip: ???? Probably going to happen

Vegas Trip: March 50/50 chance of this at this point

March Madness: March-April

For me, it'll be many more visits to the Cincinnati Museum Center for my son.

But we will make our THIRD trip to the Great Wolf Lodge this month for my wife's birthday.

And I plan to sleep later on weekends and watch more TV and DVD movies at night with Kings Island closed.

I'm also planning on taking my son to WonerPark at least once so that he (a 3-year old) can ride the tiny roller coaster.

Best regards,

Charles

Well I am a computer nerd so will be spending the next month putting together a Halloween Haunt website - You should be able to access it very soon at http://www.doopy1956.com/haunt/haunt.html and will add to it as time goes on.

Other than that I write tutorials and teach Paint Shop Pro free classes on the net.

Praying that UncleHenry comes back for another great season of Survivor as I was really hoping to get in that again and help out as I know they will eliminate me quickly after winning it last year lol. UncleHenry is an awesome guy and I just simply adore him!!! He treats everyone great and goes out of his way to make people feel welcome.

I am also a major museum fan and plan on going to pretty much all I can find there. The Pirate one sounds great!! Might see ya there Italian.

When not out or cleaning house (which thanks to haunt needs some attention now lol) I am on the computer a lot. It keeps me busy!

Do plan on some get togethers with the awesome folks of Haunt through the year. Thinking of bringing my "trophy" with me.

Guest kwindshawne

I don't know. I think the biggest thing will be to catch up on some sleep so maybe next year I won't be sleeping at the park. Maybe get caught up on school work since I kinda let it slide this quarter. I plan to try to socialize more than in years past, but probably the biggest thing will be to spend some time with my father. Between my two jobs and school, haven't seen him much lately.

I picked going to the movies b/c my daughter will enjoy that. She's only been to one so far, which was Ratatoullie (that was just ok). With Bee Movie, Enchanted and Alvin and the Chipmunks coming out in the next couple of weeks/months there are a few to take her to. Not too sure about Enchanted yet due to her age. She loves Disney princesses but this is not your typical Disney princess movie. She'll be 3 on 11/8 and she absolutely LOVES KI (wonder where she gets it?). She asks about it every week, and we averaged about a trip every other week during the summer. We'll have to distract her in other ways, she hates sitting around the house. Cincinnati Zoo's Festival of Lights and other holiday activities will keep us busy in the next two months, then Newport Aquarium, Museum Center, and anything else I can think of will have to do in January - March. And then April will be here and so will KI's 2008 season.

Guest kwindshawne
Swimming season starts.

Wait for the Holidays to come around...listen to that good 'ol christmas music.

Leave for Australia Jan. 19th.

I hope your flight goes better than mine did!!!!!

Get through the college coursework that comes with being a Biology major. And rocking out to all my classic rock on my computer. Many, many times. :lol:

I'll probably get to several movies (and definitely see some for free when I go back to work at the theater over my breaks) - that new one, Vantage Point, looks interesting. I may have to check that one out when it's released. I wish I could catch up on sleep, but with my class schedule, that's not happening anytime soon (except on the weekends).

Other: I voted of Course Knotts Berry Farm , and PARK AT MOA , and 1 or 2 indoor water parks ,

and probably Disney land:

That's what we've got on the agenda

MOA has kinda gone down hill, I dont know when the last time you were there but as far as the shopping aspect goes, there really isnt to much that is different from any other mall. They are losing original stores, at least in my opinion from what I have seen. But definatly ride the timberland twister that thing is FUN! and they put a putt putt course upstairs by the foodcourt so if your into putt putt definatly do that its a lot of fun. I go to college in minnesota, thus I know whats happening at the moa lol ;)

Ryan, I am jealous. We had a hockey team here in Huntington, WV not too long ago. I really miss going to those games. Watching the Blizzard is how I learned the rules of hockey as I couldn't keep up with the pro games. I am planning a visit to my step-sister and her husband in Columbus and hopefully we will go to a Blue Jackets game. I think it really stinks that ESPN 2 doesn't carry the NHL games any more. My other plans hopefully include buying my first home and moving in. I am trying to buy a house that my grandparents used to own.

lets see:

Bengals are playing so that takes up my sundays till January,

Guitar Hero 3 just came out, have to beat that,

going back to college (finally) in January so have to get ready for that,

sleep is always at a premium for me so I have to catch up on it,

Keeping Ryan in line is always a full time job,

Other than that, I have nothing going on.