QUE TV's or music

flightoffear1996

I like the music better. Much more entertaining than most anything they have ever had on tv in line with the exception of the new Beast video. And, for the most part, you can hear what other people are saying when the music is going at CP. So, I can't imagine it being different with PKI. Also, generally, you see a lot of people getting into the music...I don't see anyone riveted by QTV.

Most of the time you cant even hear what they are saying on QTV. Many a times did I want to watch the "Making of The Beast" and give up because I just couldnt hear it! Lucky for me, they played the extended version during Beastbuzz. My choice would be if they just played music. I remember while being in line for MF at Cedar Point and the tunes were blasting away, everyone was pumped. Kinda made you forget you were waiting in line! The DJ even took requests, but he had no Led Zeppelin! DArn you Cedar Point DJ....Darn you!!!!

Bill...who is heading to the park in a few hours, for his 20th time this season, to see Weird Al....alone. Sad isnt it?

Well way back when Kings Island had a good sound system in the lines. The Beast used to have the best music playing before QTV. I think PKI justed tried something new and it did not work and its still not working. When in line you don't have time to watch tv if the line is moving. Most of the music was on a loop from CDs you could hear the music in the hole park no matter where you went. I hope one day that Kings Island will return to just playing music and forget about QTV. AE had the theme music playing when you got in line now days you hear QTV before you get the station and hear the music.

I agree, the QTV was way better fifteen years ago and when there was something themed (all the fog & effects at Top Gun, for example) towards the stations, everybody was watching.

The music videos, I wouldn't mind if they had some VARIETY. Or more than 3 videos. It's ridiculous. Get a long loop of a bunch of early 80's videos and people will watch, laugh, remember when...

If I see Kid Rock again I will puke.

You kids call that noise, music? (OK, it's happened, I've turned into my mother.)

I've always found classic heavy metal is best for waking the dead - Scorpions, Priest...

Back ON topic though, my original point wasn't actually to bash Kid Rock. That song of his they play isn't even that bad, it's the repetitiveness that bugs me.

We come to the park for escapism, not stuff we can do at home, which is why so many people liked the specific-ride-theme music. Sadly, those have been gone so long the only one I remember clearly is The Demon Song from SFGA. The QTV in the mid-80's was cool, but has since evolved to the same two or three videos, and constant commercials.

I have no idea how hard it is to obtain permission or the cost involved to use videos in the park. Whenever I'm in Coney, where the 80's music is played, there is always somebody getting all excited, singing along, dancing - "ooh, I know this song!" - it adds to the atmosphere and it isn't stuff we hear at home.

• 2 weeks later...