Planning

ssdd1970

We live in Indy and have stayed in the Cincinnati area a lot including the GWL. I will assume since your referring to a weeks stay that you would be going to Kings Island during the Summer Operating Schedule. In that case keep in mind that GWL would be charging their summer rates which would get pretty expensive for a weeks stay. GWL has enough to do that you really would have no need to leave the lodge, especially since you are paying for those activities through your room rate. Two things to remember about GWL is that 1 rooms may not be ready before 4 PM and two you can still use the lodges activities until closing on the day you check-out which, which you have paid for.

So yes GWL is a great destination resort to stay at for a week if you are comfortable in spending that much for room while not getting your full value of use.

If it was me I would split my stay up and stay 4- nights in another hotel (maybe something overlooking the river) then spending the last 2-3 nights at GWL.

Sample trip

Check-in a northern KY hotel with balcony overlooking the river and the Cincinnati skyline. Go to KI for 2 days

1 day go to the Newport Aquarium, shop, have a nice Lunch (slower relaxed day)

1 day go to a Ballgame, zoo, play or Coney Island

Last 2-3 days hang out at GWL – go back to KI during the day on check-in day for more time at KI then after 4 PM check-in at GWL. Spend the last couple days relaxing at the lodge.

We have done plans like this in the past and have made some great memories in the process.

Good luck in your planning - Jesse

Guest faceoff

I always stay at the Kings Island resort across the street. They have there own restaurants, two

swimming pools, game room, room service. Rooms are clean and well maintained. There is a

shuttle service to and from the park and also the beach waterpark.

^ Why now, the Season is over, what perpous would they have for staying with me for a KI visit. Besides, My place ain't big enough for the two of us!

Ok, flaming was strictly forbidden 2 years ago, why has it come back, share some love!

they obviously want to plan the trip, winter is a great time for that.

ssdd1970, in wishing to spend a week in Cincinnati, I would also recommend visiting the Carew Tower downtown, its taller than the Tallest Roller Coaster in the World!!

I have always stayed near exit 19 (Fields-Ertel Road, not so sure of spelling) they have some good rates, however I recommend the Ramada located next to the Days Inn, they have better staff, and continental breakfast. Yay Food!

Best of luck.

And for the love people, spell check!

Yes come see me at the aquarium! It's a great place, I've been volunteering there for over 2 years and I still enjoy going as a guest. The zoo is great too, both are highly ranked, popular attractions, although I haven't been to the zoo in quite a while....

There are other things in the Cinci area, from the Reds to the Zoo to the Newport Aquarium to the various museums to shopping, cultural events, Wright Patterson AFB up Dayton way, and perhaps even family. There is more to life than amusement parks alone....

Meh I've down all that except for the AFB. Going to CP is still better imo. Even still you can get through all that plus KI in 3 days.

If you like waterparks, and that is what you are going to KI for, then stay at GWL. A lot of people would go to GWL waterpark in the morning then head over to KI's waterpark for the afternoon and come back when KI closes. If you are going up there just for the hard park, I would recommend going somewhere else. I think the cheapest room is $150, thats not worth it if you are not going to do everything there.

There are other things in the Cinci area, from the Reds to the Zoo to the Newport Aquarium to the various museums to shopping, cultural events, Wright Patterson AFB up Dayton way, and perhaps even family. There is more to life than amusement parks alone....

Meh I've down all that except for the AFB. Going to CP is still better imo. Even still you can get through all that plus KI in 3 days.

I think you shoud looj at the Warren County Conventon and Visitors Buerau.com or Cincinnati.com

to help you with your planning oh yeah don't forget GreatWolf.com as well.

Take care God bless

Happy planning

Marcia :rolleyes:

I think you shoud looj at the Warren County Conventon and Visitors Buerau.com or Cincinnati.com

to help you with your planning oh yeah don't forget GreatWolf.com as well.

Take care God bless

Happy planning

Marcia :rolleyes:

Go ahead roll your eyes at me. I'll be spending my weeks vacation in a condo on Madeira beach. I can't wait to check out Busch Gardens Africa. Then in August I'll be spending a week on the beach in South Carolina. It's just my opinion, but if you are going to take an entire weeks vacation I'd rather be at said destinations, than Cincinnati. You can do a lot in Cincy on just a weekend trip, it's just not worth wasting an entire weeks worth of PTO.