PKIC Meeting Day

Dan

Don't worry about saying we should have it on the last day of operation, because we are already planning that. We hope to have two meeting days by the end of this year, and maybe even another meet-up day during the offseason.

and maybe even another meet-up day during the offseason.

Who's up for some more Thai food? :P

We are weighing our options about the off-season meeting day. We were very impressed by Wera's hospitality and handywork at Siam Orchid for the PKIC offseason meeting day last year. The only problem is, it's always in Alexandria, KY. I live in northern KY, and it's still almost a half hour drive for me.

An idea that we have been throwing around is having an Offseason Blues party at the Cincinnati Mills Mall where they have a jr. coaster as well as a bunch of other carnival style rides and attractions. It may sound kind of dull now, but wait until January when PKI has been close for a couple of months. It just seems like a good excuse to get together. Plus, it's closer to PKI (I think it's in Fairfield, if I'm not mistaken) so more people will feel as though they have access to it.

Come to think of it, I'm gonna start a poll.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Japan on both days. I fly there this Friday. Hence, I hope that y'all have fun without me. :(

But don't pity me. While I in Japan I will visit 3 theme parks including Nagashima Spa Land, home of Steel Dragon which was the tallest roller coaster in the world until TTD displaced it.

Have a great time!

Italian Chef

:chef:

I'll be in Japan on both days. I fly there this Friday. Hence, I hope that y'all have fun without me. :(

But don't pity me. While I in Japan I will visit 3 theme parks including Nagashima Spa Land, home of Steel Dragon which was the tallest roller coaster in the world until TTD displaced it.

Have a great time!

Italian Chef

Chef, Steel Dragon has been closed for about a year now, SBNO

I'll be in Japan on both days. I fly there this Friday. Hence, I hope that y'all have fun without me.  :(

Have a great time!

Italian Chef

Chef, Steel Dragon has been closed for about a year now, SBNO

No way! That really bites. Thanks for the FYI. I was all excited about Steel Dragon. Since I'll only be there for one day, I'll just ride as many coasters and other rides with moderate lines as possible.

If you have any other information about Nagashima Spa Land, please share it with me. Their homepage is written 100% in Japanese so I can't make heads or tails of it.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef