Needs

K.I. #1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I was just stating that it was not ONLY at the KECO parks, especially since KC was mentioned, which is obviously past tense.

I always liked the old wooden slatting found above queues ONLY at the KECO parks...like on Beast, King Cobra, etc. It was effective, let in some light, and unique. I doubt we will ever see more of it...

But now that you mention TODAY, yes, Beast is the only coaster that now uses that type of shade.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I couldn't find the best thread to ask this question so I picked the best one I could think of. Thankfully now days more and more companies are "going green." My question does anyone know what if any efforts Kings Island is making to "go green?"

Just in case you didn't know what I meant by going green I'm speaking in terms of things to help the enviroment.

Be careful what you ask for because it could end up being a rolling coaster black-out through the day. Meaning one coaster would shut down for an hour then another, then another.

Few years ago we were going to freeze to death, and then came the ozone layer and now global warming. I wonder what’s next

actually nope.... not a fan of the pointbuzz.... i was actually just thinking about when NBC done the Green is Universal week... then i was thinking about how a certain person on Fox News was saying that they only done it for the money... well i don't think they would of done it if it was gonna lose them money... and plus i don't care why they sent the message just that the message was sent... i mean if it's a good message what does it matter why it was sent?

• 1 month later...
I think they should remove them because you go to the park to get away from everyday life. If you want to watch TV go home and watch it. Plus most people now days bring there IPODS to the park.

Most people? Really? Then MOST people must have some cool new wireless headset that fits comfortably inside the ear, because I only see a FEW people with wires coming out of their ears at the park.

I think, like most companies, that they will begin to look at GREEN options, with new additions, LED lighting, signs, etc. However, I wouldn't expect a giant overhaul of the entire park. It is still very costly to do these changes. And yes, they save money in the long run, but it is still a big original expense!

Better still, misting fans and real shade from the sun. One should not have to buy overpriced drinks to avoid heat exhaustion.

And, as I'm sure you have noticed time and time again, is that Cedar Point is pretty good about shading and misting fans. Granted, I like the shading of The Beast and Racers, but, at least it seems that they are doing the tent covers.

Better still, misting fans and real shade from the sun. One should not have to buy overpriced drinks to avoid heat exhaustion.

And, as I'm sure you have noticed time and time again, is that Cedar Point is pretty good about shading and misting fans. Granted, I like the shading of The Beast and Racers, but, at least it seems that they are doing the tent covers.

I love the little tent with the Coke mist, but I don't think it's near enough.

The dancing kitties were a video that played on the QTV screens. There were 2 or 3 different ones if I remember correctly, the only one that sticks out for me is "I Feel for You" by Chaka Khan. The kitties' movements were very jittery as the sang and played keyboard, guitar and drums. I always found them to be freaky, and will not mourn the loss of them (I never was a cat person!) :)

The dancing kitties were a video that played on the QTV screens. There were 2 or 3 different ones if I remember correctly, the only one that sticks out for me is "I Feel for You" by Chaka Khan. The kitties' movements were very jittery as the sang and played keyboard, guitar and drums. I always found them to be freaky, and will not mourn the loss of them (I never was a cat person!) :)

Now what is freaky about a cat dressed up as Boy George and singing "Karma Chameleon"? :lol:

Now what is freaky about a cat dressed up as Boy George and singing "Karma Chameleon"? :lol:

Ohhh. Those? *shakes head to remove the image from said head* Not a fan.