Annoying Game Prizes

K.I. #1

Guest kwindshawne
There's nothing more annoying than a bunch of ballers dribbling throughout the park!

Some can't even keep ahold of the things and even create traffic jams.

I agree...especially when people sneak them on rides and then decide to throw them

Or when, as has happened to me at Hersheypark, a guest gets clobbered with one of the silly things.

There must be HUGE money in Three Point Challenge and in those basketballs as prizes, or parks would have given them up a long time ago.

I suspect you/we are fighting a losing battle.

And no, KI Man, not everyone wants to win one of those infernal things. Please do not project onto others your own desires and dreams.

Guest kwindshawne
Or when, as has happened to me at Hersheypark, a guest gets clobbered with one of the silly things.

There must be HUGE money in Three Point Challenge and in those basketballs as prizes, or parks would have given them up a long time ago.

I suspect you/we are fighting a losing battle.

And no, KI Man, not everyone wants to win one of those infernal things. Please do not project onto others your own desires and dreams.

Only thing I can think is the money involved..like I posted earlier this year, those things become weapons if thrown off a coaster..and it will take a serious injury to rethink the wisdom of that........

I wouldn't want to win one. IMHO, I don't want to make a special trip to the parking lot, pay for a locker, or carry the thing around with me for the rest of the day.....

And, if I had my heart set on a basketball, I think it would be easier and cheaper to just go and buy one than it would be to spend money trying to win one.

Finally, if you're good enough to win a basketball at KI, you obviously already own at least one....

This doesn't exactly have anything to do with the basketball issue, but I was once hit with a "billiard" bouncy ball that was dropped off of Dropzone. You can ask Beast08 about that one, lol, I had a pregnant lady right next to me and we were both sitting on a bench just outside the ride. All of a sudden I here this whirring noise, and see this small black object coming down right in the middle of us. I stuck my hand up to catch it but it just came closer and closer, I decided rather than catch it that I would try to kick it as I jumped out of its path, anyways I got lucky and got a piece of it and it just hit me then bounced off the bench all the way back towards Festhaus. Those things hurt...

As has been suggested in the past, just sell the things deflated and charge to have them filled up outside the front gate. Then if they want to come back in, don't allow them to bring the ball. They'll make more money this way, too.

Yes, but then they have to pay someone to stay there and inflate balls. I'm not sure they would want to pay wages for that, and it doesn't fit in with the job duties of admissions, security or GR, the only people outside the park.

I find them annoying as well, especially those who pass the ball to each other, backing up to catch the ball and not paying attention to what's behind them. There was one case where my two year old daughter almost got run into, but luckily I saw what was about to happen and stepped between them. The guy ran into me instead of knocking her down and I had a few choice words for him! Of course, he just went on his way, continuing his passing to his friend.

There's nothing more annoying than a bunch of ballers dribbling throughout the park!

I agree...especially when people sneak them on rides and then decide to throw them

Just curious, but, how do you "sneak" a basketball onto a ride?

Guest kwindshawne

Just curious, but, how do you "sneak" a basketball onto a ride?

damifino-but it has happened-once to my daughter who was narrowly missed when the wisecracker decided to throw it behind him at beast, and once with me with this punk who sat next to me on Vortex.

You wouldn't necessarily have to have an employee stand there and inflate basketballs at the gate. There could be a coin-operated air machine that could be programmed to shut off when the basketball gets a certain amount of air pressure or after a certain amount of time (like 15 seconds or so).

You can win a basketball for $2. Tell me what store you can get a ball from that sells it that cheap? Then tell me that someone couldn't just be a regular person, get lucky, and make a shot with the $2. yeah it happens.

Now if that were true, then the park would not be making any money on the game.

Those games and prizes at any park go right along with the saying: "Vegas was not built on winners."

Not to mention that the ball you win is worth what? I doubt sincerely that the park even paid as much for it as you paid to take a CHANCE on winning. I still don't understand why most park games aren't gambling...if the local bar set up the same game, I bet it would be in trouble with the Alcoholic Beverage Commission for allowing gambling...

Yeah....some dumbass threw a basketball off TG's station and it pounced pretty high, not enough to put the riders in jeopardy, but it was pretty close. Oh yeah, he threw a few dollar bills off the edge, too.....ummm????

Not dealing with basketballs, but this summer, a person took a cup of ice water onto The Vortex and while going up the lift hill, he threw the contents of the ice water at the riders behind him. One piece of ice struck a child in the eye, which made for one upset dad riding with the child.

Once the ride got back to the station, the ride operators kept the restraints down until security and park police arrived. Two park police officers took the suspect to their cruiser, which was waiting at the access road next to The Vortex lift hill.

I saw two people passing the ball between each other once, so I went up and kicked it down the midway. They werent happy but I was!

I think the balls should be deflated and they have to fill them up themselves. That way, the park still makes their money but noone is bouncing the balls, and you arent paying anyone else to fill them up.