Dominator's new color scheme revealed

I'd venture to say that the seats will be repaired to make it look new.

Given that the mechanical drawing of the new train color scheme probably came from B & M itself, it appears that the trains are getting a major overhaul. They might be able to repaint the car carriage shell itself (fiberglass molding) but, the OTSR's will be stripped of its padding and re-molded in the orange color or totally replaced. My guess is that KD will order new seats to replace the existing GL seats that have the batman logo burned out.

The park is trying to market this as a new coaster for the mid-Atlantic market and I feel that the ride will get a major overhaul. KD could have ordered everything on the trains to be replaced ouside of the main mechanical parts of the train (carriage base, wheel assemblies, carriage connectors, and brake pads). Seat mouldings, OSTR's, and carriage shells would not take long to manufacture and certainly do not cost as much as buying whole new trains. By the time Dominator is up and running, I am sure it will look like new.

When they moved X-Flight to Kings Island, almost anyone would guess it's a new coaster. The trains were very nicely refurbed and the track was repainted. The only evidence that it was every anywhere else was that there were small patches of green on the track inside the station.

When they moved X-Flight to Kings Island, almost anyone would guess it's a new coaster. The trains were very nicely refurbed and the track was repainted. The only evidence that it was every anywhere else was that there were small patches of green on the track inside the station.

Didn't the park simply repaint the original trains while removing the onboard electronics for the linear actuators?I suspect that KD will do the same thing & simply take the trains into the body shop on site & repaint the shells & seat backs.The restraint pads can easily be repainted as well without the need for new ones.

• 1 year later...

There are other spots on Firehawk where the green paint is showing, specifically the stretch nearest to the queue right before the flip to enter the loop. Other than that, if I already didn't know, I'd have thought it was new also.