Official Poll: After One Season, do you prefer new SOB or old?

BoddaH1994

I personally love the new trains!! The old trains killed me the entire ride they would push down on the area that sunshine doesnt reach the entire ride. The new lil hump curve thing I actually think its pretty cool you get some air time there going pretty fast ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The old SOB tore me up. I'm 6'2'' and the old one trains/cars were not meant for tall people. I'd get off and within hours my legs would be covered in bruises.

Even so, it was still worth it to me. I even had a hoodie made for opening day...

I'd Rather Be at Kings Island

Son of Beast

(I Want My Effin Loop Back)

I would much rather have the old SOB back with the old trains/cars WITH the loop.

During my '07 visit SOB was closed still, :angry: I do not have a frame of reference to comment. However from many of the post here and at other sites it appears that the new trains that were the impetus for removing the loop are more comfortabel to ride in and I'm all for that. Hopefully my '08 trip will include several SOB adventures!

I voted for the old SOB. It was just definitely a "unique" experience. I never completely agree with the roughness factor. Then again I'm also the one that tells my friends that Thunderhead will be awesome in 20-30 years when it gets all shaky. I guess I somewhat like the roughness to an extent. That extent I like to call the Georgia Cyclone it's a bit much though I still like the ride overall.

I voted for the old SOB. It was just definitely a "unique" experience. I never completely agree with the roughness factor. Then again I'm also the one that tells my friends that Thunderhead will be awesome in 20-30 years when it gets all shaky. I guess I somewhat like the roughness to an extent. That extent I like to call the Georgia Cyclone it's a bit much though I still like the ride overall.

I've almost certainly ridden more cycles on The Georgia Cyclone than anyone else who posts on this board.

I know The Georgia Cyclone.

In fact, during several recent events when many rode Goliath over and over and over, someone who posts here was riding The Georgia Cyclone.

Son of Beast is no Georgia Cyclone.

I would probably have to say that before the loop was removed it seemed like you had a reason to ride it and it was for the loop and now its just like a big huge bundle of roughness. I do like the new trains though except for the loudness going up the hill.

Enough with the tear it down crap!!!! Its not going anywhere no matter how much you complain about it being rough. If you can't handle it then don't ride it. Just stop saying tear it down...we get it. We got it the entire first year you were saying it. Its much better now IMO. I even loved it before the new trains. Now its better than ever.

I've almost certainly ridden more cycles on The Georgia Cyclone than anyone else who posts on this board.

I know The Georgia Cyclone.

In fact, during several recent events when many rode Goliath over and over and over, someone who posts here was riding The Georgia Cyclone.

Son of Beast is no Georgia Cyclone.

So Mr. Bentsen, I mean Interpreter, what you are saying is that they need to re-design SOB and call it the Dan Quayle?