KI VIP Jackets are now in!

PKIVortex

When you source things from China, there are many, many issues to deal with.

I would have thought that would have been considered to start with.

But, really, what DO you (or they) expect for nothing (or darn near it in their case)?

You are NOT going to get a $65 value or even $39.99 jacket for buying a season pass. If it sounds too good to be true....

They should had been smarter and have enough before hand. They advertise free jacket with pass a 2008 people nowadays want it now or they are afraid they will not get one.

Possibly they weren't expecting that much of a demand for the jackets? I personally don't see what is so great about owning a CF jacket anyway. If it was a KI or CP jacket, then heck ya!

^As you can see, people will still complain even when it's something for free. :rolleyes:

I have not commented or "complained" (as you put it) on the jacket situation...but I guess I will now. I don't think it's fair to criticize people because they are not happy with how the "free" jacket give-away has worked. The criticism should be directed more towards the park. I know things can go wrong, but even 2 of the employees that I talked to in Guest Relations were showing disbelief on how the promotion was being handled. (I was surprised that they would let me, a customer hear them talk amongst themselves on what they truly thought of the promotion.)

The "free" jacket is not "free" if you have to spend time & gas money to make a special trip to pick it up...which is definitely the case now that the park is closed for the season. Also, if you are going to say that you can just pick it up in the spring...the same applies. The park has made it perfectly clear that the jackets are limited and are on a first come first serve basis, which means if you want a specific size you better get there as soon as you can...in my case it would be a ludicrous drive that would mean the "free" jacket would cost me over $60.00 in gas. (I usually don't make my first visit to the park until mid-May.)

Fortunately for me I really do not want one, but I feel sorry for anyone who does and has to “work” to get it.

I think when people are complaining on here it is more for what they perceive as bad customer service…not the actual jacket itself. As an example, when I was at the park I had a question about the program that nobody in customer service could answer, they were very nice and took my name & phone number and said they would have the person who DID know “get back to me”…after over 3 weeks and no call I finally contacted THEM. I find it VERY ironic that this jacket is for the people they consider V.I.P.‘s…God help the LOWLY customers!

I will credit the park for a nice idea that they did not have to do. (I doubt that getting the “free” jacket really made many people get a season pass who wouldn’t have already been buying one anyway.) So once again it was a nice gesture…but in the end, I personally think that having a promotional program gone wrong is even worse than not having one in the first place.

The "free" jacket is not "free" if you have to spend time & gas money to make a special trip to pick it up...which is definitely the case now that the park is closed for the season. Also, if you are going to say that you can just pick it up in the spring...the same applies.

So why not wait to get your jacket in the spring? Or wait to get your jacket when you process your pass? And if you are really upset about the time and gas money to make a special trip to the park, then don't go.

Sure it is a first come/ first served, but do you actually think they are going to run out of jackets before next spring?

People may want to complain about how the process is handled, but now sit back and think about it; why would anyone have thought that there would be a steady stream of cars in and out on a Friday in the offseason?

Exactly how is the park supposed to prepare for people who may or may not come to pick up the jackets? This sounds just like communist Russia giving away toilet paper.

I think it is easy to say that the free jacket giveaway is a success.

I have not commented or "complained" (as you put it) on the jacket situation...but I guess I will now. I don't think it's fair to criticize people because they are not happy with how the "free" jacket give-away has worked. The criticism should be directed more towards the park. I know things can go wrong, but even 2 of the employees that I talked to in Guest Relations were showing disbelief on how the promotion was being handled. (I was surprised that they would let me, a customer hear them talk amongst themselves on what they truly thought of the promotion.)

The "free" jacket is not "free" if you have to spend time & gas money to make a special trip to pick it up...which is definitely the case now that the park is closed for the season. Also, if you are going to say that you can just pick it up in the spring...the same applies. The park has made it perfectly clear that the jackets are limited and are on a first come first serve basis, which means if you want a specific size you better get there as soon as you can...in my case it would be a ludicrous drive that would mean the "free" jacket would cost me over $60.00 in gas. (I usually don't make my first visit to the park until mid-May.)

Fortunately for me I really do not want one, but I feel sorry for anyone who does and has to “work” to get it.

I think when people are complaining on here it is more for what they perceive as bad customer service…not the actual jacket itself. As an example, when I was at the park I had a question about the program that nobody in customer service could answer, they were very nice and took my name & phone number and said they would have the person who DID know “get back to me”…after over 3 weeks and no call I finally contacted THEM. I find it VERY ironic that this jacket is for the people they consider V.I.P.‘s…God help the LOWLY customers!

I will credit the park for a nice idea that they did not have to do. (I doubt that getting the “free” jacket really made many people get a season pass who wouldn’t have already been buying one anyway.) So once again it was a nice gesture…but in the end, I personally think that having a promotional program gone wrong is even worse than not having one in the first place.

Very well put, I have been biting my tongue concerning this matter too. I brought some friends over last month and suggested to them about buying season passes for next year, they figured with this year’s visit plus 1-2 for next year that it would be a good deal for them and would consider it. I then told them about the free jacket and that helped push them over the edge to purchase.

I could go on and on about this matter, but for now I just want to just thank-you Standbyme for expressing you opinion, because I have been feeling the same way.

How could anyone plan for this kind of turnout?

I am sorry but I think Cedar Fair should have and if not then that truly speaks volume to their marketing department.

I am sorry but I think Cedar Fair should have and if not then that truly speaks volume to their marketing department.

Well we can agree to disagree.

I suppose the only comparision that I can think of is Black Friday.

Department stores will have give aways for the first "X" amount of customers through the door. Now if that store has a line out the door due to poor planning than shame one them. Why? Well because Black Friday only happens once per year, and everyone knows that every store is complete chaos on that day. Now in CF's defense, how were they to know that everyone would want a jacket in 2007 and not wait till '08? The park has already come out and communicated that jackets can be purchased till November 16th past the planned cut-off day of Nov. 11th. They also could have been playing a wait and see game as to what sizes are more popular so that they don't have an extra 1000 smalls available for 1000 people that need an extra large.

Faulting CF for this is just like faulting Disney when they have to close the gates due to being at capacity, yet people that have tickets for that specific day can't get in. Stuff like this is hard to plan for.

• 2 weeks later...