Here is what King's Island needs

bsktgrvy

KI has a great kids area, I dont think they need to expand it this year.

It would be nice to have a sit down restaraunt up in IR, but it would have to be done correctly. When IR was open, it was close to being a suit/tie place.

As for rides, a steel hyper, ferris wheel, and either upgraded theming or upkeep on the current theming would be great.

There are many many parks that have both observation towers and Ferris Wheels. Ferris Wheels are great for the scenery, but it's also a pleasant ride, and they really add to the atmosphere in an amusement park. Try picturing your favorite boardwalk (i.e. Coney Island in NY, or Santa Cruz) without a ferris wheel. Even Navy Pier in Chicago has one and it really brightens up the atmosphere there.

A ferris wheel is a lookout tower just like a ferris wheel? I guess that makes sense but doesn't prove any point.;)

Take Cedar Point as an example; they have Space Spiral and their wheel right next to each other! But each ride does provide a different experience.

Personally I think a ferris wheel would fit well at KI as long as it's not taller than the tower (and I don't think there are many 300+ ft. ferris wheels besides the London Eye and the one discussed above). And IMO the perfect place..........in place of Eurobungee and the laser tag building. A great view of the Coney Mall midway, more traffic in that area of the park, and an end to Eurobungee and that vacant tent looking thing - 3 birds with one stone!

The bad thing about the giant one is that what if your mom fell down the stairs at home and you just got on and the capsule has just closed? It will take like an hour to complete the circle, because it's slow, and they need to load and unload people at the same time, which will take maybe 5 minutes each...

(Poor mom...)

Kids play area, new sitdown restaurant, Nick Parade, Ferris Wheel and theming upgrade for some rides (TR, etc...) and a few new water slides at BB.

Yes I agree the kids area is better than some I've seen! What about bringing back the old Lion Country Safari? Or The Zodiac. As far as places to eat how about a Buffalo Wild Wings or similar?

Wow it holds 40 people per car thats is almost 2000 riders on a cycle.

I'm sure that everyone has heard of a few stories of younger children falling asleep on the school bus after school, only to be found hours later by their freaked out parents...

Now imagine the same situation on that ferris wheel.

Yikes! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Something I have thought for sometime that KI could use and I believe could pay for it’s self over time is a great show on International Street. A show that would use the Royal Fountain being synced to a sound track of some type (event or seasonal), but the show could use the tower, characters or live performers to give it that extra wow factor. The area around the fountain would not be big enough to hold the event for a one time daily show (like a night show), so several day shows (2-3) would be necessary. That would work in KI favor as guest when coming/going or while waiting for the show would be shopping or eating/snacking. It would also make for a must get table with a view if International Street restaurant would ever reopen. To do this they probably would need to remove a lot of the trees to help guests to get a proper view. I think something like this could even be used to give the 4th of July and FearFest events a spectacular memorable show that the park could use to promote those events. But if KI ever did this they would need to make sure to really put some WOW moments in the show to get guests to return to International Street lined with restaurants and shops in the middle of the day on every trip to the park because they want to see the show every time they come to the park.