8/22/04 Weird Al Day

ZosoBeast

Short but sweet day at the park. My 20th visit to the park this season which makes this my personal record for most visits in one season. Got there about 3:30ish. Not sure why, but SOB was calling my name! I hop on Top Gun first to check out the line for SOB. I waited about 15mins for TG and about 25mins for SOB. Not counting media day, thats the first time I EVER remember standing in a line for TG! SOB has been pretty nice to me of late! Slowly becoming a must ride for me when I hit the park.

After that, I head up the tower and visit with PKIDiana a bit. She spent some time giving me some more of her park insight! Very cool! Be sure to look for "pkidianacentral.com" very soon! JUST KIDDING (wink wink) :lol:

I spent some time video taping up there and decided to head on over to grab my 30th ride of the season on The Beast. I grabbed a bag of chippery chips for me to eat in line (white cheddar) and headed on over. You can pretty much tell how busy the whole park is by how many que sections of The Beast they have open. Today they only had 1 que section open. About a half hour wait. Decided to go all out and did my 30th ride in the very back seat. Great ride, as always! I did Vortex after that and then it was time for Weird Al.

Grabbing a blue ice cream cone on the way, I took my seat and a very LAME stand up comic took the stage to open the show for Al. This guy didn't get much of a reaction from the crowd at all! Very sad.

Al's show was pretty much the same one as last year. He did cover (not parody) an Alice Cooper song which pretty much shocked me. The crowd was into it ALOT, but he stopped singing it half way thru it.

I must say, I have been to a ton of concerts in my lifetime, and Timberwolf's is some of the best sound I ever heard at a show!

Tired and going to bed. Thanks for reading!

Bill

I Went to the Concert, I was lucky that i had front right of the stage but i met up with Brad (Stxbomber) watched the concert some 2 idiots moved in to where i was sittin, but i moved to another seat....so then i moved to the center seats for the Final act, (Saga Begins, Then Yoda along with the chant.....) Got to meet Steve, the lead Guitarist, i had some of Aarons friends have some of our stuff to weird al....but then we left.........and thats all... :lol:

I was accually going to go to this but got called into work today at 2pm. How long was his set?

I want to say darn close to 2 hours. Lots of costume changes. Alot of times he would play a song then he would show a video while he changed costumes. Really funny show, even if it was the second time I seen it!

I Went to the Concert, I was lucky that i had front right of the stage but i met up with Brad (Stxbomber) watched the concert some 2 idiots moved in to where i was sittin, but i moved to another seat....so then i moved to the center seats for the Final act, (Saga Begins, Then Yoda along with the chant.....) Got to meet Steve, the lead Guitarist, i had some of Aarons friends have some of our stuff to weird al....but then we left.........and thats all... :lol:

Actually, they weren't idiots. The seats were empty as the show started, so I invited you over. Well in the middle of the show, they came back. The polite thing to do would be go back to your original seat, but you complain to security and call them idiots? I think someone doesn't know the definition of an idiot. Why do you think security checked their tickets then let them stay? It's because THOSE WERE THEIR SEATS!

I would have loooved to go to the concert, but found myself stuck working duhlee at the time. Sorry I couldn't be there, guys!

Were you there when that lady was crying her eyes out after the frisbee ride came to an end and they had to call the medics? I seen that it had a bigger crowd gathered around it than normal so I knew something was up. I was walking towards the show when all of that was going on.

I did see the Weird Al concert last year and I did see it again this year. I must say that it has been and probably always will be my favorite concert to work at (I was working the concert, not exactly watching). The people that come to watch Weird Al are amazing. They never leave their seat and they dont get in the aisle way, which makes my life so much easier. I love Weird Al and his music, he cracks me up. And the two cheerleader dancers were amazing, I love you girls! Even if the concert was identical to last years it was still amazing. He lost his parents this past year so I completely understand why he may not have had time to change things up. It was wonderful, a night i will remember!

I would have loooved to go to the concert, but found myself stuck working duhlee at the time. Sorry I couldn't be there, guys!

Were you there when that lady was crying her eyes out after the frisbee ride came to an end and they had to call the medics? I seen that it had a bigger crowd gathered around it than normal so I knew something was up. I was walking towards the show when all of that was going on.

Yep, I was working exit at that time, so I kinda got the brunt of hers and her boyfriend's anger. But it all worked out well. I have complete faith in the managers and paramedics at pki.