Nasty Restrooms

ssdd1970

Many of the restrooms that get the most complaints are the same ones that:

1) Get used the most due to location.

-and-

2) Were built many years ago when the projected amount of people to actually use them were greatly reduced.

Sure it is the park's responsibility to be sure that the restrooms are clean, but people, mainly the younger generation, also need to respect their surroundings (i.e. graffitti, sticking gum ANYWHERE, vandelism etc.)

Short story:

My friends and family went to dinner at Bay Harbor Inn at CP. I went to the men's room and found that someone thought a urinal was a toilet and took a big healthy one in it. I can't fault the park for ignorant stuff like that, not do I expect the park to staff each restroom with it's own attendant.

^I've seen similar things at the airport where I work. I was working in the parking lot one evening and went to the terminal to use the bathroom. The janitor was putting signs on three stalls because there was feces all over the place. You could tell that they had bent over at the waist, still standing and relieved himself. It splattered into the two adjacent stalls. Just a complete lack of respect.

Tell me about it, as most of you know I work at Target, as a GSTL (guest service team lead). Well Target really tries to have the cleanest restrooms around, but you can only imagine what has been found in the restrooms. I won't even say what I had to clean up in the Women's Room once. Lets just say it wasn't #1 or #2.

A long time ago and in what seems to have been another life, I worked in the restaurant business. This being long before the ADA, our restrooms were in the basement, accessed by concrete steps on the outside of the building. One year, the day after Christmas (when we had been closed), the manager asked me to go clean the restrooms. A few minutes later, I told him I could not.

He was more than a little upset. I told him someone had stolen the restrooms. He didn't believe me. He went with me, to find, as I had, that every single toilet, wash basin and towel box had been removed by miscreants over the holiday! I will never forget that. And we used to find terrible messes in those remote and poorly located potties, too.

Guest kwindshawne

The public is nasty.....the last night at the park, someone had smeared it on the stall wall...anyone that does that belongs in an institution......

He went with me, to find, as I had, that every single toilet, wash basin and towel box had been removed by miscreants over the holiday!

The urinals were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Interpreter soon would be there.

^ Hilarious story.

Yeah, when I owned my bar, we found a certain "thing" pasted to the bathroom wall in the ladies room. Being owner/ operator of any type of establishment where you will have masses of people using the bathroom, it is sometimes really difficult to keep up with people who have no sense for manners. The stories are amazing on how nasty some people can be.