The Colored Lights on The Eiffel Tower

adam47303

I Dislike the colored lights that have been projected on the tower. I still think the tower's own lights should illuminate the tower at night. It takes the mood away from the tower. What is your view on this topic?

Sorry Adam, but I am going to have to disagree with you here. I think the different color lights make the tower more attractive. During most of the summer you can see the tower in its normal greenish color for a majority of the day. Let the tower show off a bit in the night hours.

I'm a big fan of the plain white flood lights also. Though I do like how CP has color-changing lights for Power Tower. That is a really neat scheme.. but again, I think PT looks best when it's just plain white light shining on it. What a beautiful structure :)

I like the colored lights, I think it catches your eye better than the white lights do. Especially in the off season. Unfortunately at the moment the colored lights are stuck on red, I surly hope I dont pass the park all winter seeing the Eiffel Tower being red <_< .

The lights that hang from the top and the others that surround the two observation decks, and the twelve that are mounted above the first platform look like pearls in the distance or in photographs. also like the green hue that the lights leave. Those other lights take away from what the tower's archetechs at intamin intended.

I Dislike the colored lights that have been projected on the tower. I still think the tower's own lights should illuminate the tower at night. It takes the mood away from the tower. What is your view on this topic?

Sorry Adam, but I am going to have to disagree with you here. I think the different color lights make the tower more attractive. During most of the summer you can see the tower in its normal greenish color for a majority of the day. Let the tower show off a bit in the night hours.

The archects at Intamin did not intend for CP to do destroy the lighting effects on the tower.

The tower is not green it is powder blue like the statue of liberty. I disagree with your opinion on the colored lights.

The lights were "stuck" on red for Haunt. Any day now they should be turning off for the season not to return till opening weekend when I am sure they will be in their color changing state again. CF really liked that look on the tower. In fact there were rumors of looking at pricing the other three sides of the tower.

I agree, I don't like the colored lights at all. I think they should do the Eiffel Tower like the real one with the twinkling lights on the tower.

hh8mSKSmnnQ

What about a combination of both? Maybe some of the lights like you are talking about in the trees on international street and on the tower itself.

And my guess is that the archets at Intamin don't give a darn how the tower is illuminated. As long as there is a strobe on top for airplanes.

It is not the beacon I am worried about right now. I do appreciate your input. They should use both sets of beacons on top simultaneously. Actually those lights are on the blueprints.

I'm a big fan of the plain white flood lights also. Though I do like how CP has color-changing lights for Power Tower. That is a really neat scheme.. but again, I think PT looks best when it's just plain white light shining on it. What a beautiful structure :)

Put six strings of colored lights on the drop zone. On my thirteenth birthday on July 3, 1995 I recall seeing the arch of the eXtreme Skyflyer with those type of lights when the attraction first opened.

In all honesty, I see Cedar Fair beefing up the aesthetics of the park at night. Right now it's a few chaser lights, and the new lights on the tower. Go up to Cedar Point at night, you see lasers, LEDs, lighting packages. I'd love to see that at KI, Vortex with a lighting package = :-D.

The archects at Intamin did not intend for CP to do destroy the lighting effects on the tower.

The tower is not green it is powder blue like the statue of liberty. I disagree with your opinion on the colored lights.

You sir, are wrong, the Eiffel Tower is painted "Eiffel Green" which is a very distinct difference from "powder blue". Also the statue of Liberty's color is the effects of a chemical change occuring on the surface of the Copper used resulting in a green copper patina!

You sir, are wrong, the Eiffel Tower is painted "Eiffel Green" which is a very distinct difference from "powder blue". Also the statue of Liberty's color is the effects of a chemical change occuring on the surface of the Copper used resulting in a green copper patina!

You are wrong it is powder blue. I know it is a copper patina I learned that in school you dult.

In all honesty, I see Cedar Fair beefing up the aesthetics of the park at night. Right now it's a few chaser lights, and the new lights on the tower. Go up to Cedar Point at night, you see lasers, LEDs, lighting packages. I'd love to see that at KI, Vortex with a lighting package = :-D.
Why do you need all of those extra lights when the factory ones are just fine. Cedar Fair is taking away from the night asthetics from the Eiffel Tower. I am sure glad KD is not doing it to their Eiffel Tower the people on the east coast are a little bit wiser.

I also kind of like just the white lights at night if only because the tower is brighter. As for this year's red lights at Halloween Haunt...

31018505039.jpg

I prefer the purple ones at last year's FearFest

28614515279.jpg

The tower at least stood out a bit more instead of being so dark.

I believe it should be brighter than what you see in those photographs CF made a poor decision on lighting choices, why light the front side with these colored lights, when you can use the Eiffel Tower's lights and light all sides of the tower.

You are wrong it is powder blue. I know it is a copper patina I learned that in school you dult.

I would recommend going to Home Depot and pulling up the color powder blue. Heck, take a sample and place it next to the tower. The color of the tower is not Powder Blue.

But I agree with Interp, I prefered the darker color.

Woofer, I - for one - will be disappointed (but entertained nonetheless) if next spring we see a torrent of purists flocking to the local Lowes/Home Depot in search of color swatches, then race to match the color to the tower. I would be disappointed, but yet probably not shocked.

I like the new color scheme package, which- by the way, started under Paramount.... I think in prep for Winterfest (I could be wrong on that though). When you drove up with the old lighting scheme- if you didn't know what you were looking at, it kind of resembled a UFO at night.... plus this scheme illuminates the entire tower and not just the top.

Cory, Adam, come on now. Theres no need for name calling :P Settle down, its not THAT important what the actual color is called. If I remember correctly, a certain marketing spokesperson from long ago talked about re-painting the eifel tower in a bronze color but then manager of the park; Al Weber, decided to stick with the green.

Also, why did they shorten the spike at the top of the tower? Dominions is like it was originally but Kings Island's go shorter. One other thing, does anyone else feel an American flag should be flying from the top of the Eifel Tower?

Actually, these days, so long as it is lit and an all weather flag, the flag need not be taken down in bad weather or at night. Provision must be made for half mast times, though. . .

I'm not sure that having a flag big enough to be proportionate on top of that tower is a very good idea, from either an engineering or an aesthetics standpoint, though.