'Paramount' Removed from Parking lot sign

BoddaH1994

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I agree with you on this. I don't care if KI gets no new ride next year as long as they get rid of everything Paramount.

Are you saying Paramount is bad? If it wasn't for Paramount, no Italian Job, no Tomb Raider, no Son of Beast, no Drop Zone (really?), no Delirium, no Action Theather... They could be bad, but they really were good. If Paramount didn't exist... NO FEARFEST!!! So you should thank Paramount for what they did.

Yes but we could have some other really great, dare I say it, better rides. Didn't Kinzel want to buy KI back in 1992? I heard he did, but Cedar Fair couldn't afford it. We could've had Halloween Haunt this entire time we had Fear Fest, as that was a Cedar Fair thing, started at Knott's Berry Farm. Yes, Paramount did add some great rides, but I think they hurt the general atmosphere at the park. And I miss my Flying Eagles. :(

...and what exactly will the disappearance of the word "paramount" do for you?

I for one, am so tired of having to sift through stupid comments about how terrible paramount parks were and how they were "cancerous". At times there are some interesting conversations here, but it seems more often than not I end up just closing the site thinking to myself "get a grip". Of course I do realize that 99% of the people making those comments are 13 years old, have not been employed by Paramount Parks and more importantly despite there own ego, really do not know how the senior management worked.

... my frustrated 2 cents....

(and i know my opinion is not alone)

...and what exactly will the disappearance of the word "paramount" do for you?

I for one, am so tired of having to sift through stupid comments about how terrible paramount parks were and how they were "cancerous". At times there are some interesting conversations here, but it seems more often than not I end up just closing the site thinking to myself "get a grip". Of course I do realize that 99% of the people making those comments are 13 years old, have not been employed by Paramount Parks and more importantly despite there own ego, really do not know how the senior management worked.

... my frustrated 2 cents....

(and i know my opinion is not alone)

First off I am not 13, I am 34 and that is why I think Paramount was bad for the park. I remember the way it was when I was a kid and it was a whole lot better or maybe it is trying to hold on to things from my childhood either way I like the park better pre-Paramount. So you see it is more than a word to me it is the mark of the end of Paramount.

Actually Cedar Fair didn't start Halloween Haunt at Knotts. This was the 35th Anniversary of Halloween Haunt at Knotts.

I have heard a lot of things are supposed to be going on this off season, as far as Paramount things. I think with a new ride or not, the 2008 season will be great, and besides it's something for us to look forward to in 2009.

I want to see a picture......

I get off the Western Row exit everyday after work, I'll try to remember to take a short detour up KI Dr. tonight and get a picture, hopefully post it by tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

My friend called me last night about this. He was driving up 71 and noticed it was strangely dark to his right! :lol:

I want to see a picture......

I get off the Western Row exit everyday after work, I'll try to remember to take a short detour up KI Dr. tonight and get a picture, hopefully post it by tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

My friend called me last night about this. He was driving up 71 and noticed it was strangely dark to his right! :lol:

Thanks so much!

I'm not 13 either. I'm 36 and I too loved the way KI was before Paramount. I think a lot of the people frustrated hearing me & others complain about Paramount weren't around before then and have no idea why it's frustrating to us to see the way Paramount did KI. They removed numerous flats and adding nothing to replace them. Not to mention the half-baked movies that were so-so and not really worth theming any ride to.

I'm not 13 either. I'm 36 and I too loved the way KI was before Paramount. I think a lot of the people frustrated hearing me & others complain about Paramount weren't around before then and have no idea why it's frustrating to us to see the way Paramount did KI. They removed numerous flats and adding nothing to replace them. Not to mention the half-baked movies that were so-so and not really worth theming any ride to.

And they removed Cobra for Delerium! Seriously, I've never heard of Drop Zone, Face/Off, Top Gun, or the Outer Limits!

How you remember things from your youth is strikingly different from your adult life....

Who knows, maybe "Cedar Fair will return Kings Island its former 'glory' starting with some vine archway"

Thats okay though, youre entitled to your opinion....

I do love me some paramount though... Certainly a better employer than Cedar Fair was

Hopefully this will be the year of fixing, cleaning, updating, better food and shopping options, improved shows (maybe a better nightime fireworks show) and the return of the Nick Parade.

OMG that fireworks show was sooo lame. I think it was like 2 minutes.