'Paramount' Removed from Parking lot sign

BoddaH1994

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sign for Kings Dominion has been stripped of the Paramount logo and the "Kings Dominion" lettering. The electronic message boards have been removed as well. Go to this link for the KD unofficial fan web site to see a picture with the sign stripped bare in the forums. The forum topic is under "Paramount sign removal".

http://pkdsource.thrillnetwork.net/

This KD fan web site is supposed to be given a makeover at the beginning of 2008. (No, I don't run the site, I just post there).

The new Kings Dominion sign, with the new Cedar Fair Logo, is currently being installed. My guess is that the sign itself will be done within another week. I am not sure about the new electronic message boards. We are guessing that they might install LCD message boards to replace the ones CF removed.

Sorry about that. The registration is quick and you can be registered and viewing forums in a few minutes. This is the only dedicated KD fan site currently active, that I am aware of, on the web. (Yes, I know CoaterCrew.com is the connection for the Dominator construction updates; but, they seem to cover more that just KD).

Back on Topic

Anybody seen the Park sign lately?

Still looks the same and personally, I think they should keep it as is...

Yeah, because those two posts sticking out the top look so much better than anything else they could possibly put there! :P

Let us not forget the electrical wire that sticks out as well :P

On those two poles on our sign I think it would be really cool to see a piece of metal track. I think it would be attract the eye a little more than any regular sign.

Now if only they had saved that loop from SOB.... they could of put it up with the sign in the middle of the loop. Maybe even with one of the old trains upside down on the loop.

As has been pointed out before, that loop was 118 feet high. That's nearly 12 stories. Not only would the sign be dwarfed by it, it would be hideous. It also would not meet ANY zoning code.

i see your point... the sign could be made bigger to fit though.... jk... i can picture how it would look good in my mind but that doesn't neccesarily translate to good in person... as far as zoning goes I am in no way familiar with mason's zoning laws

You REALLY think the park would want a reminder of what was once on Son of Beast prominently displayed in front of the park?

well since we all like to make the argument that "enthusiasts" and the general park guest are not the same people I doubt many people would realize where the loop even came from... even when someone told them a lot of people would be like "yeah right" I think the majority of people would look at it think it was pretty cool and somewhat fitting for a theme park

Virtually everyone in the Cincinnati area knew about the loop. I bet many of them to this day do not know it is gone. Having the non-working loop in front of the park would generate many questions on a daily basis forevermore. It certainly would NOT be good publicity. It would be almost as bad as having a non-operational Superman: Tower Of Power standing in the front of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom for, oh, say about the next 20 years.

Virtually everyone in the Cincinnati area knew about the loop. I bet many of them to this day do not know it is gone. Having the non-working loop in front of the park would generate many questions on a daily basis forevermore. It certainly would NOT be good publicity. It would be almost as bad as having a non-operational Superman: Tower Of Power standing in the front of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom for, oh, say about the next 20 years.

Comparing apples and oranges?

Oh Contrarrrrr.....

Most people I know in Cincinnati know nothing about there being a loop on Son of Beast.

Heck! And that's in Cincinnati!

Get outside of the area and there is virtually no one that knows of the Son of Beast loop.

In through Georgia, Alabama and Florida I'm often asked by people if I've been to Cedar Point.

Not once have I been asked if I have been to Kings Island.

Rarely am I ever asked anything specific about a coaster.

The simple fact is that the general public just does not know a lot about individual coasters.

Oh Contrarrrrr.....

Most people I know in Cincinnati know nothing about there being a loop on Son of Beast.

Heck! And that's in Cincinnati!

Get outside of the area and there is virtually no one that knows of the Son of Beast loop.

In through Georgia, Alabama and Florida I'm often asked by people if I've been to Cedar Point.

Not once have I been asked if I have been to Kings Island.

Rarely am I ever asked anything specific about a coaster.

The simple fact is that the general public just does not know a lot about individual coasters.

well said.... and to azkindaguy... i very much do get it... I was simply stating there's HUGE differences in the accidents as one really burns the image in your mind. A lot of people on here like to give the argument that we're mostly enthusiasts on here and not the general public. I truly believe that general public wouldn't be like "oh look at that loop, how dare they use such a statement of previous hurt to advertise."

I both agree and disagree. When I go to Great Adventure in New Jersey, I get asked over and over again about Cedar Point. No one ever asks about Kings Island, except the park employees...they ALL know about Kings Island.

And given the amount of advertising that Paramount did for Son of Beast, I doubt sincerely there are many people in Cinci that do not know about the coaster or that it had a loop. Very few of those know it is gone. I've even heard people waiting in line for Son of Beast this past season looking for the loop!

And I do agree...putting it out front would only be a source of confusion at best....

I both agree and disagree. When I go to Great Adventure in New Jersey, I get asked over and over again about Cedar Point. No one ever asks about Kings Island, except the park employees...they ALL know about Kings Island.

And given the amount of advertising that Paramount did for Son of Beast, I doubt sincerely there are many people in Cinci that do not know about the coaster or that it had a loop. Very few of those know it is gone. I've even heard people waiting in line for Son of Beast this past season looking for the loop!

And I do agree...putting it out front would only be a source of confusion at best....

Believe it.

I'd venture to say that 9 out of 10 people on the streets of Cincinnati would be able to tell you anything about Son of Beast or even that there is a Son of Beast.

I'd venture to say everyone would tell you about the Eiffel Tower but would also tell you that they love the Smurf ride as well.

Ya have to accept that the folk on these boards are not the general public.

It's the same just about everywhere and with every park. It's nothing against Kings Island or any park in general.

Here locally in Atlanta, I'd venture to say that unless someone has a Season Pass, they would not be able to tell you any of the rides at Six Flags.

Yes, People here are not general Public.

Yes, Pepole at my School Are.

Yes, They Crack me up.

Hanging around with me alot has taught them to keep up with KI, but if I were to choose a random kid out in the halls he would say,

"Whats Son of Beast?"

And then they'd say,

"Ohh, yea, that big looping one."

The amount of people this summer who still didn't know that SOB didn't have the loop anymore *WHILE ACTUALLY STANDING IN LINE TO RIDE!!! was mind-boggling!!

I kind of wish I could have ridden with someone who thought the loop was still there, and what their reaction was when they flew somewhat quickly passed the area of the former loop...

The amount of people this summer who still didn't know that SOB didn't have the loop anymore *WHILE ACTUALLY STANDING IN LINE TO RIDE!!! was mind-boggling!!

I kind of wish I could have ridden with someone who thought the loop was still there, and what their reaction was when they flew somewhat quickly passed the area of the former loop...

Whats even worse is that I was standing in line back in like September of this year and a lady on a train being dispatched didnt even know she was on SoB until the operator said have a great ride on Son of Beast.

Its amazing how many people get things screwed up around the park. I can understand if you don't visit often but if your live in or around Mason area and youve been to the park and still don't know about some things that have happened at the park something is wrong

I don't mind huge chained owned parks but in all honsety I really which they would try to make each of the parks different. While it maybe cheaper and a faster way to make a quick buck which maybe the way for Cedar Fair right now I would rather have a nice and different ride every 5-6 years than a clone of another one every 2-3 years.