'Paramount' Removed from Parking lot sign

BoddaH1994

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neon, they have kept the bases of the signs the same way as they were under paramount with the exception of repainting them. Wonderland's sign sans CF logo has always had those four orbs that you refer to, and Dominions sign has not.

It will be interesting to see what KI's top with base looks like.

Wow, I liked the Paramount one alot better than that one.

What the heck was Cedar Fair thinking? How come they just didn't do like the one at Canada's Wonderland, with the 4 sides and the orbs on top of them?

Anyone have a picture of the Wonderland sign.

Anyone have a picture of the Wonderland sign.

You might try looking at post 119 of this very thread:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=188182

The new Wonderland sign picture, cited there, is at:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/Be...ictures0002.jpg

(Neon, as you can see, Wonderland's sign is two sided...not four sided...)

• 2 weeks later...

Chef, we can all be pretty much 100 percent certain that Paramount will be gone, hence the signs gone and if you listen to the hints dropped in the conference calls as well as what certain users who enjoy hockey and the year 1994 have said.

Unlike you seem to think judging from past posts, I don't think CF is getting rid of Paramount because they believe its a bad image or scar, its because it doesn't add enough value to them and they can do just fine without it, no reason to spend extra money paying viacom.

Now the Nick licensing, that has yet to be seen.

I think you'll see what CF's long-term intentions with the whole Nic scenario will be based on whether the original CF parks begin picking up Nic characters.

I thought it very interesting (and likely means NOTHING- just thought it interesting)- the whole Charlie Brown/Peanuts gang that CF parks proudly display in their kids areas have their DVD's published by none other than "PARAMOUNT PICTURES."

I think you'll see what CF's long-term intentions with the whole Nic scenario will be based on whether the original CF parks begin picking up Nic characters.

I thought it very interesting (and likely means NOTHING- just thought it interesting)- the whole Charlie Brown/Peanuts gang that CF parks proudly display in their kids areas have their DVD's published by none other than "PARAMOUNT PICTURES."

Interesting....

Nick U? Being ushered out? Maybe...

I firmly believe the Nicktoons will be out by 2011. I think 2009 will see removal from Canada's Wonderland, Kings Dominion while Carowinds, Kings Island, and Great America will go in 2010. I imagine if they were going to remove the Nicktoons in 2008, they would have already taken off the site. One thing I find interesting is that Endless Summer at Carowids had Yogi and Scooby in it instead of SpongeBob. Especially after the Yogi costume was tossed in 2005.

I want to see a picture......I am soo happy too see Paramount gone forever! It was a poor movie themed park, Now I hope Cedar Fair can bring some of the Charm it had....Start by bringing the vine covered walkway back.

Amen to that. That walkway was sweet. Easily one of my favorite parts of the park.

One thing I find interesting is that Endless Summer at Carowids had Yogi and Scooby in it instead of SpongeBob. Especially after the Yogi costume was tossed in 2005.

Except that the Yogi cosume wasnt tossed in 2005.

Besides....the spongebob costume would have been god awful for someone to try to skate in. You have to still have a decent range of motion and mobility in the costume in order to skate in it, and with the spongebob costume the performer would loose all upperbody motion...not good for a skater.

Besides....the spongebob costume would have been god awful for someone to try to skate in. You have to still have a decent range of motion and mobility in the costume in order to skate in it, and with the spongebob costume the performer would loose all upperbody motion...not good for a skater.

Disney on Ice has been using upperbody constricting costumes for years.

I firmly believe the Nicktoons will be out by 2011.

Nick is a goldmine. It's one of the reasons that Cedar Fair was interested in purchasing the Paramount Parks to begin with. Nick is a viable licensing product that kids immediately recognize and flip over. I doubt it will go anywhere, anytime soon.