'Paramount' Removed from Parking lot sign

BoddaH1994

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the old sign blew down and this one was in the planning stages, they originally did want an LCD lightboard. But local restrictions are in place banning them of this size, as it is considered a distraction to motorists. So they went with the current setup, which I believe is even actually against current restrictions but got grandfathered in.

When the old sign blew down and this one was in the planning stages, they originally did want an LCD lightboard. But local restrictions are in place banning them of this size, as it is considered a distraction to motorists. So they went with the currect setup, which I believe is even actually against current restrictions but got grandfathered in.

All ya have to do is travel up I-75 to see just what a distraction it could be to drivers.

Oh yes that sign is crazy, I know which one your talking about.

I'm sure they will reconstruct a top half of the sign. They probably had to do it that way, with the way the sign curved at the top. I must admit though it looks funny. Lets just hope they don't leave it this way. :lol:

I think Cedar Fair should go the Disney way with fireworks :D

But we all know that's never gonna happen. Winterfest's small show brought hope, as does the 2002 4th of July fireworks, but I don't think we'll ever see a syncronized and amazing display.

Kings Island already has some of the same fireworks as Disneyland and Disney World. Kings Island is more of a testing area and a free show for the local people that come to the park. It would be nice if Kings Island could have a longer show but it sure does cost alot to do them.

...and what exactly will the disappearance of the word "paramount" do for you?

I for one, am so tired of having to sift through stupid comments about how terrible paramount parks were and how they were "cancerous". At times there are some interesting conversations here, but it seems more often than not I end up just closing the site thinking to myself "get a grip". Of course I do realize that 99% of the people making those comments are 13 years old, have not been employed by Paramount Parks and more importantly despite there own ego, really do not know how the senior management worked.

... my frustrated 2 cents....

(and i know my opinion is not alone)

First off I am not 13, I am 34 and that is why I think Paramount was bad for the park. I remember the way it was when I was a kid and it was a whole lot better or maybe it is trying to hold on to things from my childhood either way I like the park better pre-Paramount. So you see it is more than a word to me it is the mark of the end of Paramount.

I also am not 13, I am 44, and while I was not employed by Paramount, I was employed at KI when it was locally owned and operated, by Taft, then Kings Entertainment Co. (KECO). I also remember when KI was a true theme park, with themed areas, not just "theming" the entire park to sell Paramount merchandise and programming. I know I am in the minority, but all the thrill rides don't turn me on. I enjoy the family friendly atmosphere of the old KI, and while Cedar Point does have the coasters, I think they preserve the traditional amusement park atmosphere better than KI has in recent years. So count me in as a Paramount "basher" if you like.

I hope they cut out the CF logo like this

kina4.png

and I also hope that they redo the Paramount parks web page like Cedar Point.com where it has a picture of the park and see rides moving No offence to anyone that likes the site looks i just think that there parks web pages should be the same at least somewhat same. i never liked Kings Island's website when CF took over. however i never liked Paramount's either. just my thoughts. now back on topic the sign looks bare but hopefully they do a good job.

Chris

I also am not 13, I am 44, and while I was not employed by Paramount, I was employed at KI when it was locally owned and operated, by Taft, then Kings Entertainment Co. (KECO). I also remember when KI was a true theme park, with themed areas, not just "theming" the entire park to sell Paramount merchandise and programming. I know I am in the minority, but all the thrill rides don't turn me on. I enjoy the family friendly atmosphere of the old KI, and while Cedar Point does have the coasters, I think they preserve the traditional amusement park atmosphere better than KI has in recent years. So count me in as a Paramount "basher" if you like.

You're not alone brother. Some on the board simply do not understand that a park is not simply the rides that it holds. Many of us do understand that, though.

Guest kwindshawne
...and what exactly will the disappearance of the word "paramount" do for you?

I for one, am so tired of having to sift through stupid comments about how terrible paramount parks were and how they were "cancerous". At times there are some interesting conversations here, but it seems more often than not I end up just closing the site thinking to myself "get a grip". Of course I do realize that 99% of the people making those comments are 13 years old, have not been employed by Paramount Parks and more importantly despite there own ego, really do not know how the senior management worked.

... my frustrated 2 cents....

(and i know my opinion is not alone)

First off I am not 13, I am 34 and that is why I think Paramount was bad for the park. I remember the way it was when I was a kid and it was a whole lot better or maybe it is trying to hold on to things from my childhood either way I like the park better pre-Paramount. So you see it is more than a word to me it is the mark of the end of Paramount.

I was surprised at how KI had changed in the 16 odd years I was gone....like I had said some time ago, it was "hollywood ized". The family feel is gone from the place I remember, and hopefully that will be recaptured in the years to come.

It looks cold up there!

Ya'll freezin or what?

Well Erie is not close to Cincy, but we had a snowstorm on Tuesday that dumped up to 7" in some areas. I had about 4" at my house, and my power was out for over 12 hours due to trees still having leaves on them and the additonal weight of the snow took down a great amount of limbs and trees.

The snow is finally melted.

It looks cold up there!

Ya'll freezin or what?

Well Erie is not close to Cincy, but we had a snowstorm on Tuesday that dumped up to 7" in some areas. I had about 4" at my house, and my power was out for over 12 hours due to trees still having leaves on them and the additonal weight of the snow took down a great amount of limbs and trees.

The snow is finally melted.

Yeah, I graduated from Ashland College many moons ago!

I remember snow by Halloween.

Found on the Theme Park Review forums:

1921738685_08f2a7603b_873.jpg

Look closely, they are also stripping off the ornament that makes the sign Paramount-ish.

Now there's the picture I took and tried to post but had to resort to a Flickr link! I really need to add my name to the pics I take... The others:

Closeup of top of the sign

1922563880_4ecc1dcfc0.jpg

Closeup of removed ornamentation

1922563734_95b43c738f.jpg

Bottom of sign

1921723823_f2281322c6.jpg

Woohoo! It worked this time!

Now you all say that Paramount was a bad time for Kings Island when it wasn't!!! But what about Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, and Great America? How was Paramount bad on those parks? If they were bad at KI, then they must have been up to something at the other Paramount Parks.

(And BTW, I'm not saying that this board is racist, but EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this board hates PAramount! Why??? I think something bad happened here...)