Who Remembers?

ssdd1970

Ummm you must be thinking of something else. Shake Rattle and Roll are is still in the park.

I do remember Der Spinning Kegs, but don't have any video of them.

:rolleyes: silly me, what was the name of spinning ride that had a bobsled theme to it I remember seeing it as a kid.

The Bayern Curve was one of my favorite King's Island rides when I was a kid.

I was a late bloomer when it came to riding coasters (the first "real" coaster I rode was the Screamin Demon when I was 15 years old, but then I rode everything else KI had) so in the meantime I enjoyed rides like the Bayern Curve.

I really enjoyed the theming King's Island had in its early years, with clearly defined areas of the park. The Octoberfest area was one of my favorite areas, along with Rivertown.

Man I miss those days! How well do you think that theme would go over today :lol: some of these young bucks wouldn't know what to think huh? I was there the year The Screaming' Demon premiered, my anticipation to ride was overwhelming! My mom still has a picture of me wearing a logo tee from those days :lol:

I was a late bloomer when it came to riding coasters (the first "real" coaster I rode was the Screamin Demon when I was 15 years old, but then I rode everything else KI had) so in the meantime I enjoyed rides like the Bayern Curve.

I really enjoyed the theming King's Island had in its early years, with clearly defined areas of the park. The Octoberfest area was one of my favorite areas, along with Rivertown.

I can say the same for KD as well as both parks borrowed from each other when it came to theming their individual sections and had similar attractions in their early years.They had a bayern kurve named MT. Kilimanjaro as well located in the southwestern corner of the mountain just to the right of haunted river's big splashdown finale(when you're facing it from the congo entry midway) over by what is now the FOF midway/entry plaza & it was one of my favorites.

Did KI's run forward,stop then run backward? I do recall that KD's ran in both directions at super high speed during the ride cycle.

I loved the Bayern Curve as a kid. The Myrtle Beach Pavilion kept the same ride for years after Kings Island got rid of theirs, it was called The Swiss Bobs there. By far it ran much faster at the pavilion, when it would reach its maximum speed there they would blast a train engine siren making the ride a total rush. I for one also loved the Sunshine Turnpike and the Wheel of Fortune as a kid. I miss the days of how beautiful the park used to be and all the variety of shops there used to be. Are there any others that know Kings Island so well that when you watch the episode when the Brady Bunch was there you catch the big flaw. The Kids are trying to get the blueprints to the front of the park from the canoes, they actually make it to the front of the park, then they end up at the back of the park, then almost to the front again, and somehow end up to another side of the park, I never really payed attention to that till I got older.

Yep, and I loved the upbeat, festive mood and pomp everywhere. From the Clown Band to the many, many shows to the glorious food to the perfectly manicured grounds, there was something for EVERY taste and age group to enjoy at Kings Island!

I honestly think that we'll get the parks back to that point.

To do so is probably the only way that the parks can survive.

Gone should be the days that there is one target for such a large entertainment venture.

Granted, CF may have had some bumps and hick-ups in it's inagural year but I think that our chances are much better with this group than with Paramount.

If you liked Screamin' Deamon, check out Afterburner at Fun Spot in Indiana.....

I loved the Bayern Curve as a kid. The Myrtle Beach Pavilion kept the same ride for years after Kings Island got rid of theirs, it was called The Swiss Bobs there. By far it ran much faster at the pavilion, when it would reach its maximum speed there they would blast a train engine siren making the ride a total rush. I for one also loved the Sunshine Turnpike and the Wheel of Fortune as a kid. I miss the days of how beautiful the park used to be and all the variety of shops there used to be. Are there any others that know Kings Island so well that when you watch the episode when the Brady Bunch was there you catch the big flaw. The Kids are trying to get the blueprints to the front of the park from the canoes, they actually make it to the front of the park, then they end up at the back of the park, then almost to the front again, and somehow end up to another side of the park, I never really payed attention to that till I got older.

The old Bayern Curve from KI ended up at Australia's Wonderland. Below is a link to a Wonderland History Site. The ride was named Wizard's Fury at Wonderland.

http://wonderlandhistory.net/wf.php

The Himalaya rides have bucket cars that swing a little whereas the Bayern Curve was on a track that really resembled coaster track.

Actually, The Himalaya's are on a single-rail track and the cars don't swing out. From what you've described, it sounds to me like you're thinking of an Alpine Bob's type ride. Both are somewhat similar, but offer quite different experiences.

And I must agree with everyone else in another topic on this site, that King's Island needs more flats. :blink:

My friend is a real spinner on the kegs. I would sit and watch him ride with others on a barrel and he could spin it so you could not see straight.....

Anyone remember what they did at the end of the canoe ride? Put up your paddle if you had a good time. Then the water would run out and soak you and they would say that anyone who is wet just had a good time.....