Behemoth

They're moving fast at getting this thing done but you know what I can't stand? I can't stand the idiots on the cwmania forums arguing over the angle of the drop....the press release states an 85 degree angle while they tend to think it falls short of that but I say who cares what the angle of the drop is.

Just because there are brakes doesn't mean the ride won't be grand.

As for me, I'll ride first before deciding. Requirements vary from place to place...and I trust B and M to know what they are doing. MOST of their rides are very, very fun....some are less so....somehow I think this one is going to be in the first category.

TYhis ride is going to suck with little airtime over the hills.

This opinion is not based on any fact that I know of. I have ridden other similar ride to this, like Nitro, Goliath and Apollo's Chariot, and the airtime over the hills is great. The only one with issues is Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America, where the airtime on one hill is ruined by a trim brake. Otherwise, these rides have great airtime.

Like those brakes on every hill?

Do we know that there will be trims on the hills? I haven't seen anything about that... and boy do I hope they don't. Like it was said above, they put a set of trims on the first airtime hill of Raging bull, and that just kills the ride for me. It's so awful and completely unnecessary IMO. I really hope they take the "MF" approach on this one and just let gravity do its thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so there has been some talk about how Behemoth's drop will not truly be 85 degrees. I have to agree after finding this image on the internet of it's first drop I'll have to say it's more of a 70 degree angle at it's steepest. I tried to illustrate this point.... see below just follow the lime green line to see...

l_4dfaaaed4c54dd1915bafc67db8f8a94.jpg

Well, even though the drop isn't 85 degrees, it's still the steepest B&M hyper drop (correct me if I'm wrong). Nitro's drop was pretty awesome, so I expect Behemoth;s drop to deliver.

Overview of recent progress:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/coa...lkRandom019.jpg

Interesting to note that, although it's as tall as Nitro, it is slightly slower. The reason may be the trains(longer, more friction, loses speed faster, etc.) which leads me to believe that if the regular hyper trains were used, the layout may have been longer.

Well, even though the drop isn't 85 degrees, it's still the steepest B&M hyper drop (correct me if I'm wrong). Nitro's drop was pretty awesome, so I expect Behemoth;s drop to deliver.

Overview of recent progress:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/coa...lkRandom019.jpg

Interesting to note that, although it's as tall as Nitro, it is slightly slower. The reason may be the trains(longer, more friction, loses speed faster, etc.) which leads me to believe that if the regular hyper trains were used, the layout may have been longer.

Not saying that the photo isn't real, but it TOTALLY looks photoshoped. It's just amazing how that bright of a coaster contrasts the dark, gloomy background.

Hmm well my eyes must be messed up then... im going to school for graphic design and the photos look just like the ones that are on the site .. so i dont kno maybe i just need some sleep lol

Oh and I dont think anyone has posted a picture of the station being constructed so here for those of you that were curious like I was ;)

2007_1102_02.jpg

The supports over on the left look pretty screwed up, like they've been stitched together crappily.

I can see how you might think it looks Photoshopped with the supports, but I disagree. I think there might be 2 sets of supports on the left, next to each other. The ones in front which look off are most likely for the track on the return trip after the turnaround. So to me, it looks 100% real.

The supports over on the left look pretty screwed up, like they've been stitched together crappily.

I can see how you might think it looks Photoshopped with the supports, but I disagree. I think there might be 2 sets of supports on the left, next to each other. The ones in front which look off are most likely for the track on the return trip after the turnaround. So to me, it looks 100% real.

After the hill on the left, the ride has a 180degree turnaround, and then has multiple aritime hills. Some of the supports for these airtime hills are attached to the main supports for the second airtime hill, which is why in that picture (from that angle and distance), the supports look odd.