Cedar Point

Cedar Point is a resort park, a destination park. It used to be that June weekdays were not all that busy. This year, that was not really the case. Even the May weekdays were fairly busy. Perhaps this is why Cedar Point apparently had record admissions and revenue this year.

I am not a great person to ask about economical hotels at Cedar Point, as I either stay on property or a zillion miles away, though I DO recommend the Comfort Inn in Huron. Under NO circumstances stay at the Microtel in Huron...it has a VERY busy railroad line directly to the south of it. CHOO CHOOO about every 20 minutes all night long. The earplugs in the dish on the counter should have been my first clue.

^^ Depends on what you consider economical.

If you stay at one of the park's accomodations, there are numerous packages during the year that have park tickets included, coupons, and discounts on in park meals.

If you already have a season pass, then chances are a resort package is not for you.

My suggestion if you are not going to stay on the park property; stay at a hotel East of the park. Many of the hotels West & South of the park will have inflated prices not only due to CP, but also for Put-in-Bay and various other attractions for Western Lake Erie.

The package deal I booked this past season at Breakers Hotel was pretty good. I went the last weekend in June. I paid $300 which included:

1)Two one day tickets

2)Two starlight tickets

3)$30 Cedar Point Munch Money

4)4 Tickets to either ride the go-carts for free or do their miniature golf

5)Two nights in the hotel

6)Discount coupons for Soak City

I think the best thing about staying at the Breakers is that it's a two minute walk from the back gate by Magnum XL200. It's nice to be able to go back to your room at any time of the day and take a little break.