Flying Eagles Return to KI?!?!?!

tycoonrebel7188

Looking around the net today and came across this Flying Eagles fansite. http://flyeraddicts.com/ On the right side of the page under "Flyer Addict News" there is a news story and a picture claiming that two flyers tubs were spotted in the KI parking lot on October 12th. As the story says, "Could the eagles be making a return to the park in 2008?"

What do you think? I don't trust it yet because the picture is so small, but from what I can tell the tubs look new. :huh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to discount that site, but, if there was a FE car in the parking lot long enough for someone to take a picture of it, I would think someone here would have seen it as well.

Especially since there are a good amount of cars in the parking lot, and, the picture was supposedly taken on a Friday during HH.

This is one of those: "Well that is a nice story. I'll believe it when I see it."

I'm def with you Browntggrr. I would like some definative proof of these things at the park. But who is to say these tubs were "sitting" in the parking lot. They very well could have bee moving through the lot to the access gate so they could be taken to the paint shop. It doesnt take long to drive down the fulltimers road and into the gate to get to the backstage area. But judging from where this picture is in the parking lot that is doubtful. I still would like more pictures to give a real answer.

Well it says that picture was taken on the 12th and the post was made on the 12th at 7:53 P.M. Not sure when the picture was taken but it looks like it was taken as the sun was going down. According to this the sun was setting just around the time he posted that...

picture1jh2.png

They could be the original flyers before they were moved to carowinds in 2004.

Now...I dont know anything about this since I havent been to the park in the last week or so.....BUT, given the direction this truck is going and the relative location of the sign in the background it would appear that this truck was heading to the back acess road entrance located next to the premier parking area. This is the road that leads back behind Timberwolf Amplitheatre and runs all the way back to the woods, and right passed the boneyard where the G-Trains are being held. Hmmm

When you open the image in a new window you can view it full size...

FlyerTubs-KingsIsland-101207.jpg

If you check out carowinds zone it doesn't seem that their flyers tubs are painted in that way at all...

http://www.carowindszone.com/eagles.php

and the KI flying eagles never had their numbers painted on them like that...

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...um=98&pos=5

These look like they're used and could be being moved to KI. Didn't Geauga Lake have a set in storage?

Edit: Look in between the fins on the tub under the exit sign, you can see the wooden fence that was installed in the parking lot this year.

Edit 2: EXIF data f//3.5 s 1/20 ISO = auto WB = Auto

^Your eyes must be better than mine!

I hope this rumor is true. I always loved them, and in the last two years of existence at KI I FINALLY became a snapping expert.

Did GL have scooters? I've never been there, and if they did it could be from them. It could also explain why KI wasn't mentioned in the CF release a few days ago. "New for 2008: Flying Eagles! Sure you had them since the park opened in 1972, now we're bringin' 'em back!" Doesn't exactly have the same effect as Behemoth, but it's just fine with me!

Agreed, that would be a perfectly fine addition to the park. Carowinds did the same type of thing with Frenzoid/Southern Star last year, so it wouldn't be an uncharacteristic manuever.

Am I understanding this right though? Were Fun Spot's old scooters were being stored at GL for the past 5 years? If so, why?

A lot of people doubted that purchase of Paramount Parks by Cedar Fair would happen...... Anything can happen.

Sure anything can happen.

Just like SoB's loop coming back. Sure it could happen. But you probably have a better chance of winning MegaMillions before the loop comes back.

But what are the chances? A coaster over 8133' going back into the woods would probably be in excess of $30,000,000.

Yeah, I don't see it happening.

DEBUNKED!

I recently e-mailed Chris Clark the owner/adminsitrater of Flying Eagles Addicts. Here is Chris's e-mail that I received:

Hey Corey...

Thanks for checking us out. We're still building the site, and that's why we haven't publicized a lot on the other sites.

As for the Flyer tubs at KI, that's a little bit of an inside joke. We were transporting them to a friend in Cincinnati, and parked them in the lot as we went to The Haunt. Someone else has pictures of this too, as we had cars circling us and flashbulb going off as we left the truck.

Those tubs came from Fun Spot in Angola Indiana. The replaced those tubs with the fiberglass ones from Lesordesville earlier this year. The tubs pictured in KI's parking lot are now sitting in a private garage in Mt Healthy, and will NOT be installed at KI next year :)

As for pictures, we're still cataloging and slowly uploading personal pictures to the site. If you've got some unique pictures of flyers in your collection, please consider uploading them to our community.

Thanks

Chris Clark

So no, these eagles will not be at KI in 2008.

DEBUNKED!

I recently e-mailed Chris Clark the owner/adminsitrater of Flying Eagles Addicts. Here is Chris's e-mail that I received:

Hey Corey...

Thanks for checking us out. We're still building the site, and that's why we haven't publicized a lot on the other sites.

As for the Flyer tubs at KI, that's a little bit of an inside joke. We were transporting them to a friend in Cincinnati, and parked them in the lot as we went to The Haunt. Someone else has pictures of this too, as we had cars circling us and flashbulb going off as we left the truck.

Those tubs came from Fun Spot in Angola Indiana. The replaced those tubs with the fiberglass ones from Lesordesville earlier this year. The tubs pictured in KI's parking lot are now sitting in a private garage in Mt Healthy, and will NOT be installed at KI next year :)

As for pictures, we're still cataloging and slowly uploading personal pictures to the site. If you've got some unique pictures of flyers in your collection, please consider uploading them to our community.

Thanks

Chris Clark

So no, these eagles will not be at KI in 2008.

If I knew you guys were going to have this much fun with the speculation, I wouldn't have sent Cory that email earlier today. Too funny!

Thanks to those who have checked out our new site at www.flyeraddicts.com today. We're still working on hard on researching the history and tracking down complete info on the over 100 parks that we found to have evidence of Flying Scooters over the years.

So, sadly, the Flyers are not returning to KI in 2008, but we've still got nearby tubs at Stricker's Grove, Indiana Beach, Fun Spot, Camden Park and (if the bankruptcy court approves) Beech Bend.

Again, please let me know if you have pictures or other information you'd like to contribute to flyer addicts.

Thanks

Flyer Addict Chris

Chris, welcome!

For the record you may want to consider enlisiting your friend in a witness protection program. Some of the members on here may very well look for that garage in Mt. Healthy! lol I wouldn't be suprised if two tubs are missing by monday :P

Anyways as you can see, there are many people on this forum that share the same love of flyers that you do!